Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Figbash Acrobat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2009
Alphaville
Based on what I have read so far the wifi signal indicator variations are due to a firmware / software bug and not directly related to hardware itself as the connection doesn't drop or slow down. The great feature of the iPad is it supports all 4 wifi bands - a/b/g/n

Sadly, the connection DOES drop or slow down, stall, whatever. The signal indicator fluctuates often for me (when not somewhat close to a router) and my connection fluctuates with it. And while the mixed mode feature is good, it sounds like a good portion of those with wifi problems are just when not connected to a n-only or g-only signal. Just what I've gathered reading the many accounts of weak/unstable wifi. [shrug]

How long do we have to play this waiting game, Apple?? I don't want to consult with one of your "geniuses" and i don't want to part ways with my otherwise acceptable device for a "used" iPad, on the rebound and surely with baggage from a prior relationship! [pout]

Macpowered

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2009
Hey, you. Scram! You've a problem free iPad and just here to brag. You're like the proud parent of a straight-A student that wonders into the special ed. class asking for directions to the AP Physics classroom. We don't want your kind 'round here. ;)

I just share my experience with the iPad, just like you.

Internet, serious business...

Figbash Acrobat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2009
Alphaville
I just share my experience with the iPad, just like you.

Internet, serious business...

Dude. It was said in jest. Hence the ";)"

Besides, you're not sharing much that proves helpful if all you're saying is "no problems here", as you've stated in SEVERAL threads regarding wifi. How is that at all helpful? Seems more like bragging than "sharing" for the sake of being productive--the primary reason most people frequent forums (to troubleshoot for themselves or others).

Notice how I don't just post "wifi is problematic for me" but rather detail my experience for the sake of finding a SOLUTION. How do you expect anyone who's purchased a device that depends on it's Internet connectivity to not take it seriously when IT DOESNT WORK?? Oh, that's right, your wifi is fine! Haha. :eek:

iphone4

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
Add me to the list of flickering. The wifi never loses connection, but the flickering is a little annoying.

Me too. Seems to have no effect but it happens quite often (couple of times an hour maybe). Watched videos (streaming over wifi with air video) on it for a couple of hours yesterday, and no glitches, so if the icon didn't flicker I wouldn't be able to tell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.