Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Congratulations on your iPhone! Until the iPhone 4, I was a huge android fanatic. Since then, I have used nothing but Apple. It took some adjustment at first, but within a week or two, I was sold. Adding my iPad Pro and Apple Watch to the line up, and I can’t use anything other than Apple. Just allow yourself to fully use your iPhone and I think you will stick with it.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Welcome to the fold!

If you're a case person, I highly recommend a leather case. Apple's is okay but Decoded gets my vote this year.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I just bought a cheap case off Amazon, couldn’t pass it up for 12 bucks and it has a metal plate built in the back and came with two tempered glass protectors

JAME Case for iPhone Xs Max Phone Case with Screen Protector [2PCS], Military-Grade Drop Protection, Protective Phone Case, with Ring Kickstand, Shockproof Bumper Case for iPhone Xs Max 6.5” Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P4HJWV5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_YW1FVT0C5DN8YG4J5PRF

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I just bought a cheap case off Amazon, couldn’t pass it up for 12 bucks and it has a metal plate built in the back and came with two tempered glass protectors

JAME Case for iPhone Xs Max Phone Case with Screen Protector [2PCS], Military-Grade Drop Protection, Protective Phone Case, with Ring Kickstand, Shockproof Bumper Case for iPhone Xs Max 6.5” Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P4HJWV5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_YW1FVT0C5DN8YG4J5PRF

I love slim cases. You should look into Caudabe cases. I love their cases and no matter what case I switch to temporarily, I always come back to my Caudabe sheath.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I picked up an XS Max off Facebook marketplace, the back is cracked but other than that the phone is good. My first big complaints coming from my Pixel are the notifications and I do not like the app folders and screens, I ended up deleting everything and moving it to just one screen and putting all my apps in one folder so that helped a lot. I think I will really like being able too use I message on my MacBook and iPad with it.

Congratulations and hopefully you enjoy it! What iOS version are you on? In iOS 14 you can just let it put all the apps in the App Library.

ginhb

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2018
I love slim cases. You should look into Caudabe cases. I love their cases and no matter what case I switch to temporarily, I always come back to my Caudabe sheath.
Those DO look nice! I like slim cases also. Good price too. I bought Apple's Silicone case for my 12 Pro Max which I like, but when I feel like switching I have that site bookmarked now. Thanks for posting it.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.