Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I have 6 cats and, knock on wood, have yet to lose any cords. Although my kitten is already giving me a run for my money.

IMG_8848.jpeg

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
This has been a problem we have had after the morning cat feeding, and it's a standard process today of keeping everything computing covered, keyboard the laptop the mouse and the back up HDs i mean everything has to be covered.
What do you cover the keyboard, keyboard, mouse and backup HD with?

Antoniosmalakia

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2021
I wouldn't have animals (including children) because my house is too full of wires and shiny things to be chewed or broken.

Our neighbours children and cats are doing a good enough job trying to ruin our property without having our own. lol

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
I wouldn't have animals (including children) because my house is too full of wires and shiny things to be chewed or broken.

Our neighbours children and cats are doing a good enough job trying to ruin our property without having our own. lol
I surly can understand this.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

• Wow
Reactions: digitalcuriosity

philosopherdog

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
one of my cats loves to chew air pods and cables. i buy cloth ones which he doesn't like and try to get thick cables or cable covers. hey brother doesn't bother with such thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0273.jpeg
    IMG_0273.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3419.jpeg
    IMG_3419.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 23

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
Here is what i have used both items can be found at Home Depot and Lowe's.
GB Spiral Wrap and GB Flex Tubing.
GB Spiral Wrap and Flex Tubing.jpg.JPG

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Here is what i have used both items can be found at Home Depot and Lowe's.
GB Spiral Wrap and GB Flex Tubing. View attachment 2359353

I had a different use for that very tubing. We had a problem with squirrels getting into our bird feeders - they would run down a power line over them and jump into them. I cut this tubing into small pieces and put it on the wire near the feeders - quite interesting to see the squirrels trying to negotiate them as they spun on the wire. And to see how far they were willing to jump to avoid them.

• Haha

jbmelby

macrumors regular
May 29, 2002
Years ago now, I did similar to several cords for table lamps for my girlfriend at the time. It wasn't because of a cat or dog, but an otherwise very friendly and nice cockatiel. Parrots are the supreme chewers among the common pets.
Funny, I never had that problem with any of my animals. Maybe that was because they were snakes.

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.