Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
Hi Everyone,
I have acquired a extremely RARE Apple Computer, Inc. 1977 Corprate Desk Deal (IE: Seal of Approval), this is the RAREST of RARE Apple Collectibles!

Pictures of this can be found HERE

Thanks And Enjoy!

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
MacEffects said:
Hi Everyone,
this is the RAREST of RARE Apple Collectibles!

I thought you had captured Steve himself.

..on another note, this looks alot like an advertisement for an eBay store to me...

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
pdpfilms said:
I thought you had captured Steve himself.

..on another note, this looks alot like an advertisement for an eBay store to me...

Well, I really wanted other people to atlease check out this awsome vintage item... And, I think if I had Steve, I would be in Jail Right about now ;)

I got this from a old Macintosh Dealer that went out of business, along with more Mac stuff then you can image... So, yeah tons of free stuff (for those interested)

:cool:

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Wow a pointless item. Im sure someone will pick it up and not use it either.

IMO, its something to collect if you are like deranged or something.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
MacEffects said:
Hi Everyone,
I have acquired a extremely RARE Apple Computer, Inc. 1977 Corprate Desk Deal (IE: Seal of Approval), this is the RAREST of RARE Apple Collectibles! Check it out: Here and check out the other things I have too!

Thanks!

I usually Don't Post about items for sale/trade, but this is to cool/rare not to. Enjoy!

What is interesting to me is the 1969 computer. What in the world were they trying to make with a punch card and an LP vinyl record? Interesting. But bad photos. Can't see the size and heft of the thing. Post some here! Did you get this from the same old Mac guy?

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
California said:
What is interesting to me is the 1969 computer. What in the world were they trying to make with a punch card and an LP vinyl record? Interesting. But bad photos. Can't see the size and heft of the thing. Post some here! Did you get this from the same old Mac guy?

The thing is: I can pick up a vintage seal press (Circa 1977) and make an emboss plate with pretty much anything on it. How do we know this is not just made up???

I could be in possession of the first ever Microsoft Corporate seal, or IBM seal, or whatever.

Sorry, I am skeptical.

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
obeygiant said:
i've got two of those things

Please send me some pics, I really don't know how you can have TWO Apple Corporate Seals, unless your joking.

Sdashiki: There really are collectors that buy some carzy Apple Computer Memorabilia at outrages prices, I know since I have been selling off tons of old Mac stuff. And they'd be happy to have since an item in the collection and even willing to pay hundreds for such an item, trust me.

California: I'll be sure to post some more pics of this 'thing', I have no idea what then heck they would use this for but its a great conversation piece (Well not where it is on my pile of Macs), and yep came from the same place as all of the other Mac stuff I have (5 Storage lockers, my attic, my basement, my store, etc full of such things)

Zarathustra: I do see your point and did some research to ensure this is the real deal (and it is NOT From 1977 that is the year of incorporation), and as far as just making such a thing, I found places that can (So long as I provide documentation of incorporation - and yeah thats hard to fake :) ) also they charge $115 plus shipping, so yes it would be pointless to make a fake one... Also there are many brands of corporate seals and you need the right seal with the right desk unit for it to work, and after talking with some profession corporate publishing companies, they said odds are it is genuine Apple!

barneygumble: Yes, we all wish it was something cool like that, but if (and I don't think there is such a thing) there was anything that new it would be locked away in Apple's HQ :rolleyes: .

Posting more pictures (here) later today!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Doesn't anybody else see this as a sneaky way to get a for sale item posted when the OP isn't qualified for Marketplace.

Really -- Rarest Apple Item Ever? As if this wasn't an intentional come-on.

If it were a real 'collector' item of interest to this forum, a photo and no mention of the eBay link would have sufficed.

Bleh.

Jon'sLightBulbs

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2005
Chicago
Why is everybody so negative? Be realistic. This collectible isn't likely to sell in these forums. Humor the guy by letting this thread die painlessly!

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
WiFi = Infared

I saw that auction of the 'Newton WiFi Printer adapters" and umm, yeah I beleive those are Infared, not WiFi. You might want to fix that before someone buys it and complains because it was claimed to be something else, just a heads up.

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
CanadaRAM said:
Doesn't anybody else see this as a sneaky way to get a for sale item posted when the OP isn't qualified for Marketplace.

Really -- Rarest Apple Item Ever? As if this wasn't an intentional come-on.

If it were a real 'collector' item of interest to this forum, a photo and no mention of the eBay link would have sufficed.

Bleh.

Well, I do thank you for trying to protect the MacRumors Community from BS posts, but no thats really not what I am doing... Thus, since I can see where you are comming from I have took the link down, and posted only pictures (HIGH Res), and this IS IN FACT one of the RAREST Things I have (And I have: Apple Lisa 2/10, Macintosh 128k, Prototype Parts Included a computer [1994] never produced, and TONS of things like that.) I would call this the rarest of my items.

And, thanks for the update about the WiFi, all fixed.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
MacEffects said:
... Prototype Parts Included a computer [1994] never produced, and TONS of things like that.) I would call this the rarest of my items.

No problem...

1994 never produced Apple thingy!??! Pics please... :eek: :D

chatin

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2005
Part of a "Wall Street" promo for dealers?

That stamp looks like it might have been produced as part of a "Wall Street" promo for dealers in 1997. The stamp features the year and state of incorporation.

There are some gems in this collection, but this probably isn't one of them.

:rolleyes: ;)

PhillStew

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2005
Alabama
wwooden said:
Can't steal something that doesn't exist if it defies the laws of physics and thermodynamics:).

Haha. That's probably the funniest thing I've heard in awhile. But what can I say, I'm a chemistry and physics nerd.

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
PA
Jon'sLightBulbs said:
Why is everybody so negative? Be realistic. This collectible isn't likely to sell in these forums. Humor the guy by letting this thread die painlessly!
Really!! Relax guys!

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
I knew an old lady who had one of those how I loved to stamp the paper :D

edit-not an original apple one just a stamp... it was still fun i dont care what anyone says.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
MacEffects said:
Well, I do thank you for trying to protect the MacRumors Community from BS posts, but no thats really not what I am doing... Thus, since I can see where you are comming from I have took the link down, and posted only pictures (HIGH Res), and this IS IN FACT one of the RAREST Things I have (And I have: Apple Lisa 2/10, Macintosh 128k, Prototype Parts Included a computer [1994] never produced, and TONS of things like that.) I would call this the rarest of my items.

Dont take it personal ive noticed canada ram is a very suspicious guy

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
AP_piano295 said:
I knew an old lady who had one of those how I loved to stamp the paper :D

edit-not an original apple one just a stamp... it was still fun i dont care what anyone says.
Hahaha! Wow if I had one of those I'd run around stamping everything! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.