Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
I have a friend who just "switched". Originally, he just bought an iBook because it actually looked reasonable in comparison to Wintel laptops. After using it for awhile, he told me that he's switched to liking the Mac platform more. His sole reason was the integration. Everything just works together: iChat, Address Book, Mail, Safari, iPhoto, iTunes, sharing between computers.

Oh... little thing I like that saves me a LOT of time... system-wide spell check and dictionary. I don't even have to launch the dictionary application!

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
seans9 said:
I am writing a persuasive speech, and as my duty as a mac user, i need to persuade kids to make the switch.

other than apple's own switch website, what are some other good sites that explain why they should.

i need to have some good sources.

thanks

I don't try and persuade people to switch, I just let them sit at my machine for a few minutes and watch as they see how simple, stable, and elegant Mac's are. That usually sells them.

Seriously, if they choose not to switch then it's their loss. I have been a DIEHARD Windoze user and supporter for 10+ years, and had the attitude that Macs s*ck, then I was forced to use one in college for a design class.

I realized within a week that Macs are superior to PC's and went out and bought an iMac G5, never looked back. I still have a PC but use it VERY rarely and only if my Mac doesnt have the software I need. Other than that I wouldn't consider going back to Windows no matter what new OS Gates conjures up. It still wont beat the stability, ease, and looks of OS X.

seans9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
wow these are all really really helpful. i think you all just wrote my speech haha. thanks a lot.

keep them coming

ray_uk

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2005
Little things.

Being able to do batch file renaming in automator, it was such a pain trying to locate an application for xp that could do that, and no theres nothing like that built into it.

When I first got my Mac after being a windows user for 10 years I was really annoid when I couldnt find a tile function for open windows, even though it is still something I would like to see in a future release, Expose does make up for it.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
ray_uk said:
Being able to do batch file renaming in automator, it was such a pain trying to locate an application for xp that could do that, and no theres nothing like that built into it.

When I first got my Mac after being a windows user for 10 years I was really annoid when I couldnt find a tile function for open windows, even though it is still something I would like to see in a future release, Expose does make up for it.

Why use automator? I think terminal is amazing too :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.