Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xl1ken

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2010
LOL!!! I don't think I am addicted. I KNOW I am addicted. I take my iPad to the local Starbucks and bookstores and people are always asking me how I like it. I make sure I show them a few of the most spectacular iPad specific apps :)

Ken

I've used my iPad every day since I got it and see no end of use in sight. I barely use any other computers right now and I love my iPad so much now, I don't know if I can go a day without using it...even if it's just for 5 minutes. Also, I've talked 2 other people into getting one and they also love theirs as much as I love mine. I'm wondering if anyone else has used their iPad everyday since they've purchased it.

GinoDotCom

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Oh, but what about that "mobile desktop" you were bragging about? You shouldn't need a laptop when you've got all that capability in your Android phone, right?

Or is it that you were just talking out of your hindparts trying desperately to justify your decision? Face it, no smartphone will equal the iPad experience (they're not even in the same mobile category), and it only makes someone look foolish to try to claim otherwise.

Couldn't agree more.

"but my phone can play YouTube videos and surf the web as well, why do I need a big iPod touch"

crut

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2009
We rule just installed...

Low memory message appears.....

I have 23gb of space on my 32gb iPad..........?

What is all that about.

Memory = working memory, the iPad has 256Mb of it.

Storage = inactive memory, your iPad has 32Gb.

Memory/RAM = the equivalent of kitchen work surfaces, Storage = the equivalent of kitchen cupboards.

miamijim

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2010
Ah i get you..

So where can i view my memory as opposed to my storage capacity..

is it in settings.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
Did I just visit a 12-step group? :rolleyes: ;)

But seriously, I am seriously considering getting a 32 GB Wi-Fi iPad so I can at least get the latest news from various news web sites "on the go" (given that there are so many places now offering Wi-Fi connectivity).

mossme89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
I've used my iPad every day since I got it and see no end of use in sight. I barely use any other computers right now and I love my iPad so much now, I don't know if I can go a day without using it...even if it's just for 5 minutes. Also, I've talked 2 other people into getting one and they also love theirs as much as I love mine. I'm wondering if anyone else has used their iPad everyday since they've purchased it.
If you had to choose the iPhone 4G or the iPad (you already have an iPhone 3G), which would you choose?

This applies to anybody...

Taimaru

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
UK
The iPad is great!!!

I've only had a chance to have a quick play with my new iPad, and now I'm just waiting for my first sync to finish, and already I am addicted to my iPad :D

Hurry up and finish syncing will you, lol.

If you had to choose the iPhone 4G or the iPad (you already have an iPhone 3G), which would you choose?

If I had to choose I would get an iPad. If I didn't have to choose I would have both :)

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Im so happy the iPad appears to be a hit, Ive wanted tablets to succeed for about 7 years but until the iPad there was not much sign of this happening.

Same here. I used to look longingly at Windows Tablet PCs, but I knew they were inherently flawed, so I held off. So glad I did.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I already know I am going to be addicted to mine. I know I will use it a lot when watching TV or downstairs when I am not near my Macs.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010

This applies to anybody...

I would definitely get the iPad if I had to choose. However, I plan on getting an iPhone sometime in the future to replace my iPod Touch. As much as I love my iPad, there are times when I can't take it with me and the iPhone would be synched and ready to go.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Memory = working memory, the iPad has 256Mb of it.

Storage = inactive memory, your iPad has 32Gb.

Memory/RAM = the equivalent of kitchen work surfaces, Storage = the equivalent of kitchen cupboards.

Too bad my sister isn't here. She confuses memory and storage capacity all of the time! I've stopped explaining the difference to her :eek:

Maybe I should just copy/paste your simple explanation and keep emailing it to her. It would save me a lot of grief ;)

Taimaru

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
UK
I didn't go to bed till 3am last night, as I was so busy playing with my new iPad :)

I'm glad I took the day off today.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
I didn't go to bed till 3am last night, as I was so busy playing with my new iPad :)

I'm glad I took the day off today.

LOL! I did that a couple of times too, but I couldn't take the next day off from work. Now I have to set a time to shut it down at night...however, sometimes I go past that time. :p

mrcc

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
I have a 3 year old hp laptop at home. As soon as it dies by the next two years. I will buy me a iMac. My iPad has replaced my laptop. Earlier I posted I took my iPad to Maui. No more heavy laptop bag. And all my accessories. This is Th e lightest vacation I've taken thanks to my iPad

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
One thing I can't do...

In planning a laptopless trip I realized that if something goes wrong with my airport express (destination just has wired Internet in rooms) I won't be able to access it via the iPad. The rest I've got covered.

Would be nice for apple to make an airport utility for iPad (or have airports with an web GUI facing the private network side).

keantan

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2008
Penang, Malaysia
I have to say I've been playing with my ipad for the last 45 minutes or so and I cant put it down. It's incredible! I'm typing this post on it, I'm a full touch typist and it's taken me less than 20 minutes to move up to almost typing at full speed (I type at almost 100wpm). Admittedly it takes getting used to but after that it's great. :D

fobfob

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2008
I didn't go to bed till 3am last night

I was going to start a new thread, but I searched for "addicted" and found this one.

I'm addicted, but not in a good way. Not going to bed, (or more accurately, not going to sleep) until 2 or later is becoming a way of life for me (I have a normal day job). It's not good. It's affecting other areas of my life.

I'm half thinking of selling it and going cold turkey.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I was going to start a new thread, but I searched for "addicted" and found this one.

I'm addicted, but not in a good way. Not going to bed, (or more accurately, not going to sleep) until 2 or later is becoming a way of life for me (I have a normal day job). It's not good. It's affecting other areas of my life.

I'm half thinking of selling it and going cold turkey.

Dude! Don't sell it!! The initial excitement will wear off after a while and then you'll settle down to more normal usage. You'll be glad you still have it. Just set an alarm in the calendar each night and swear to yourself that you'll go to bed when it goes off. Maybe take a one night break altogether and go to bed super early to catch up.

Any new gadget as awesome as this will be really exciting at first. Even the iPhone was that way for me at first. Then it dies down a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.