Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Immediately Available?????

Um, I dont know where you got the information that the new iMac was immediately available in the first place, unless you were watching a different Keynote than I was. Jobs clearly said the Superdrive model would begin shipping at the end of January, the Combo model in February and the CD-RW model in March. So leaving the mac community cause you didnt listen or read to what was announced is not Apple's fault. He also said demand would be big, and they got more orders than expected on the superdrive model. The only thing that was immediately available after the keynote was the 14" iBook. Brad147, get your facts straight before you come bad mouthing something. I'm neutral when people want to use one platform or the other, I use Mac cause that is my preference. Hope you're happy with the wintel you bought.

U

Unregistered

Waiting

Why are people all over this guy for not wanting to wait a month? He doens't want to wait and never said a negative thing to any one of you so called anti zealots. I mean some of us who want something bad enough will wait, others don't feel the need to wait. Its not like he told you to go F your mom or something. Hardline troll Zealots. I see lots of them here.

-KXH
Athlon XP Windows 2000 Machine
Celeron Suse Linux Box
Xbox
Gamecube
N64(hey its got a G3 in it suckers!)
SuperNES
NES
Sega Genesis
PowerMac G4 500DP
Power PC 9500/132
Apple 2e
Commodore 64
ColecoVision
Atari 2600
Real Tag Heur Kirium Chronometer ('99 European Import with the black face and the sweeping hand not the ****** US market ticking watch!)
Real 2000 Movado Museum Watch
99 Chrome Yellow Mustang GT vert, slightly modded to kick the **** out of import trash cars both eurotrash and Japanatrash
Bench 275
Squat 550
deadlift 350
Clean and Jerk 350(not likethe way a lot of you do but ,thats why there are girls but most of you wouldn't know about that!! LOL)
3 Year Varsity Letterman Defensive Tackle
B.A. Penn State Political Science'99
B.A. Penn State Economics'99
CCNA
MCSE
CNA
etc, etc, etc. I mean i could go on and on, do you finally see how lame some of you are and how much you need to stop buying mac hardware and go and see and do in the real world. I mean jeezes some of you are lame. This guy says goodbye and you rag on him.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
I was a few times smarter than this guy

In place of placing an order 3 months before the computer comes out, I got my PB Pismo (500Mh, 256MB Ram) 3 months after it was discontinued for $1400 (with extra battery!!!) and still the best computer ever, the best deal of the year for me.

I like Apple but I love more to be intuitive for business rather that suffer for a brand name computer.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
there is something to say about someone who is impatient...

he may realize he made a mistake....or wish he had waited...so no big deal to me.....

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: I was a few times smarter than this guy

Originally posted by mymemory
In place of placing an order 3 months before the computer comes out, I got my PB Pismo (500Mh, 256MB Ram) 3 months after it was discontinued for $1400 (with extra battery!!!) and still the best computer ever, the best deal of the year for me.

I like Apple but I love more to be intuitive for business rather that suffer for a brand name computer.

perfect example! :D

Its all a lie

I just went to Apple.com and watched a movie, and it expalined just what brad147 really is, Big Fat Liar. If he did go Wintel I think u just did the dumbest thing in the world. I agree with bradbomb I saw the Keynote and Steve said the Combo would be out at the END of January. Also there are about 40000 other people who have ordered it. I can see brad147 now, "Oh my god it just did the fifth illegal operation and my hard drive just died!" Stinks for U. (Snow iMac grabs big torch and burns the PC to the ground *Sizzle*)

700mhz snow
100mhz performa

Quark

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
Sharon & Betty

Hey, "unregistered Guest", I appreciate that you made the correction, but... uhmmm... do you have Sharon & Betty's phone numbers??:D

MaxRool

macrumors member
I can understand that, I nearly jumped ship when OSX first came out. It was such a dog. And most of my apps ran in Classic mode and that made things worse. I gave Windoze 2000 and KDE on linux a really good go, but eventually I came back to MacOS.
I learned that at the end of the day its not the actual hardware and OS that makes the machine, but the applications that are available that do what I want with class and style that really matters.
I've been using Apple computers since the IIe (does that really date me) and I have heaps of complaints about Apple and their hardware and their software, but when I listen to my Windoze buddies I realise that I have a lot to be thankful for.
Don't be surprised if you eventually turn away from the darkside back to the light :)
You won't be the first!

voicegy

macrumors 65816
WHAT-E-VER

So someone creates a thread and says he's been an Apple user and supporter for years and years.

Then he says he feels miffed about the wait time being changed on him for getting a new iMac.

So, because of the above, he's going to get a PC.

OK, yeah, and, so?

What are we supposed to do with this information, anyway? Try and talk him out of it?

1. If the post is TRUE, then I wish him all the best. *shrug* What, I'm gonna attempt to talk him out of his choice? He's NOT ASKING for input.

2. If the post is FALSE, then it's false. So there's no need for discussion anyway, because it's a waste of bandwidth.

Hrrummph. There's better things to post on around here...I'm goin' sniffin' around...

Arf, Arf! (tail wag)

Scott

Tomasz

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2001
Berkeley, California
For decoone...

Reunion 7 is really good. If you have not tried it, and a person you know has a mac... go to his house and download a free trial version. It is really convenient and easy to use. Also the features are some of the best I have seen.

It is a good product, and the OS X version will come out eventually. Classic is fine for now.

Enjoy your new mac world community.

Tomasz

U

Unregistered

I was able to get over my impatient desire for a "G5" - by cajoling my new employer to get me a G4 867 Quicksilver. - while I wait at home for a G% - due, whenever....

When asked if it would run all their software (incl Lotus Notes) I was happily able to say YES! - and since I run OSX - Notes will be out for it in the next release - It was SOOOO cool to be able to hold my mac-preference up in the face of wintel pressure.
I worked at Apple in 93 and NEXT in 96 - got "mac'd" but left the platform in 95 b/c the OS could not compete, for my needs, with NT

But, as soon as OSX came back I got an IBook then upgraded to a Ti667 - which I LOVE (which outperforms my Dell 1.6Ghz!)
Java,
Web
Unix all on a machine with UI that looks like art -

So, I can undertand his frustration, and some of the flames, but I believe he will return.

Now, My Ibook broke w/in the first month and it took apple 3.5 WEEKS to replace a small part - THAT pissed me off - but I didn't give up ( I did tell tech support they had 2 more days to fix it Or I wanted a new machine)
Then, when I pulled the iBook apart to upgrade the HD (DON'T EVER do this!!!) and compeletly screwed up the machi9ne - I sent it in for service and they fixed it, NQA, and it wa sliek new.

Apple has its problems (don't we all)...

thank you for your patience....

U

Unregistered

Let the idot jump!

This goes to show that even some typical fools not only part with their money but their minds. "Someone drop the ACME Anvil of common sense on this fool for he has totally lost it!" Being an owner of both machines and working in the industry for fifteen years, if he only knew what kind of "BS" path he is about to take.

I say let him jump into the huge proverbial pile o' "fill in your favorite explitive here" I only hope that when he wakes up, no one will be around to answer that question he will have... "What the heck did I do?"

Generally loyal Mac users do think different and for the most part most Mac users have intelligence... It's obvious here that this one fits into neither category. I am personally glad he jumped as I do not even want to be in the same category as him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.