Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
These sorts of comments are unfortunate. This site and its forum are to discuss the various rumours and to speculate what might or might not be.

It's okay, some people just don't understand. :) I'd be excited about a standalone wearable that can stream music and handle calls. With fitness in mind, hopefully more wireless earbuds will be on the market soon. I've tried the Jaybird Bluebuds, but they are ridiculously oversized.

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
Hello all.

I am excited to hear the rumors that the Apple wearable will probably be announced on September 9. But now, after reading a lot of posts and articles, I have begun to think that the wearable might not be an iWatch. Perhaps it will just be a simpler fitness tracker device, rather than an actual watch/notifier (like Android Wear). I am more interested in a watch and email, text, reminder, etc. notifier that connects with my iPhone, rather than a fitness tracker. What does everyone think? Will you be buying the Apple wearable whether it is an iWatch or a fitness tracker? Or are you only interested in a smart watch? What exactly do you suspect the wearable by Apple to be?

I wouldn't buy one. It sounds like a scam. As far as I know, there is no such thing as the iWatch or whatever.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I think it would be useful like at work and things to be able to check a text or iMessage without pulling my phone out of my pocket. I don't always have my mac with me, like at work, so it'd be cool.

If Apple does it right, it could be a really big hit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.