Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I like iOS 7 alot and I have no issues with it personally on my Mini.

After reading opinions about that OS on the IPT 5 with most giving the thumbs up, I bought one so I would have another device with iOS 7 on it! :D

Rodster

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 15, 2007
The more I use iOS 7 the more i'm liking it. I really dig the parallax shift and the flat look. My only gripes are the iPad 2 kind of struggles in certain instances like when you rotate the Home Screen and there's a wee bit more keyboard lag. The fonts are too thin and have a clinical/sterile look to them especially in Safari.

I'm glad I tried it at BB yesterday. I'm now looking forward to the iPad 5. I compared my iPad 3 running iOS 5.1.1 to my iPad 2 running iOS 7 and I like both designs.

Oh and the battery life has not been an issue. I'm currently at 65% and its been in use downloading apps and web browsing for close to 6 hours.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
That's what I thought but wasn't sure as they used to have the little spinning cog(?) when rebooting and I haven't seen that except on restores through iTunes. Also was it a true blue colored screen or the proverbial BSOD (I ask as I have only ever seen black coloring and not sure if they actually have the blue screen in IOS and was curios)??

Yep, a true blue colored screen. I was shocked lol.

Fission

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
I like the look of iOS 7, as well as the added functionality, but I hate the FEEL of it...

Animations are very low FPS for me...yuck

Rodster

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Battery life is rock solid. For me it's no different than iOS 6. I'm getting around 11-12 hours of use.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Look at it this way. How many devices are now on iOS 7? How many folks are strongly voicing that the iOS 7 is not worth a damn? I understand it is not perfect but we all know most will be addressed by Apple where necessary.

At this point, the percentage in favor is so one sided that it is pointless to discuss.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 15, 2007
it seems the more time goes by the people that originally hated ios 7 are coming around

I know that was the case with me which is why I started this thread. I based my opinion of the OS based on others impressions rather than forming my own opinion.

When I got a chance to try it out, I thought the OS looked pretty slick. The UI wasn't filled with all whites and the Flat design looked very modern. I'm not saying it looks better than pre iOS 6 but it looks slick in it's own way. I like the new close app feature which was done in WebOS but there are some nice things done in the OS.

I guess the point to make is don't base your opinion by what others say. See and try iOS 7 for youself. If you don't like, fine don't upgrade your iPad.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I walked into Best Buy to preorder an Xbox One and walked oevr to the iPad section and checked out iOS 7. I thought it looked pretty slick. All the things I read about it and thought I would hate about it was not an issue.

The UI felt pretty simple to me. i did have to remember some of the tips I read on this forum. I liked iOS 7 so much I installed it on my iPad 2. I love the dynamic wallpapers, and yes tilting the iPad will cause the wallpaper to shift, very slick. :cool:

Speed wise, yeah iOS 6 runs a wee bit smoother but not by much. Keyboard lag is no better or worse on iOS 7. So i'm definitely up for the next iPad.

My suggestion is to first see iOS 7 in action at a display. You may like it.

Which is a non issue, considering 2.0 ran slower on the 1st gen iPhone, 3.0 ran slower on the 3G, 4.0 ran slower on the 3GS, etc.

But yes, best thing is to see it for yourself before you update. It would save a lot of complaining on these forums.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
it seems the more time goes by the people that originally hated ios 7 are coming around
Or they kind if resign to caring about various things given that they don't really have much of a choice anyway. It doesn't really change the downsides that still exist for different people, but at least partially just people slowly living with them.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
New stuff always feels good at first, but when the novelty wheres off you might feel differently.

Completely opposite to me. I hate it wholeheartedly at first now I'm warming up to it. (Using it since it's available.)

Or they kind if resign to caring about various things given that they don't really have much of a choice anyway. It doesn't really change the downsides that still exist for different people, but at least partially just people slowly living with them.

This is true too. If I can downgrade I might. Might, not a certainty like a couple of weeks before.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
sesquipedalian

Now you made me using a dictionary on my iOS7 iPad to figure what that is ... Germans are famous for that :D

As for iOS7: overall nice; like it a lot. Example: the way to switch and terminate apps and also the transparency design. My only concern is that buttons don't have a clear visible frame anymore. That is the last dislike after I found the changed swipe-direction to delete emails.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 14.20.37.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 14.20.37.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 115

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I quite like iOS 7 in general but the springboard quite often crashes when switching between apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.