Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamilecrire

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2002
They are out. And they still run OS 9.

Look at the bottom of the homepage (apple.com)

900MHz/800MHz

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
If they added bluetooth and airport extreme it would put it in better light than the 12" powerbook. Right now the ibook probably performs better than the powerbook. I think that Apple will probably update all the powerbooks in either may or june and maybe do a new ibook design around august to catch the back to schoolers.

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by iJon
why do you people ask for sources, these people who know are not suppose to tell, thats what gets them in trouble, you will never know the sources and you dont need to know. have some common sense.

iJon

I just don't believe you Jon. What's your source on that?!?! ;) :D

D

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Nice, I have an iBook that should be on its way from Apple as a replacement here in a couple days (sending mine off today if they label gets here) I hope I get the extra 100mhz and 10gigs, either way I don't mind considering the one I have now is a 500mhz lemon. I am glad I bought AppleCare, it is a life saver.

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Re: Re: hahahhahahahahahhahaha

Originally posted by bokdol
if they monitor these sites like hawks..... it's kinda dissapointing that they only gave aus a speed bump and not what we want

I know...but maybe it is because by the time we recieve the information, it is too late for them to change.

For example, I posted a quote the otherday saying that the new iBook enclosures had been shipping for at least 3 weeks.

It's a shame, but its still a step forward. I think Apple still really want the iBook/Powerbook divide.

AppleMatt

sparks9

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2003
Copenhagen
AppleMatt;;; remember that the PBs use G4s while the iBooks only have G3. I think that would make quite a big difference in performance.

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Originally posted by sparks9
AppleMatt;;; remember that the PBs use G4s while the iBooks only have G3. I think that would make quite a big difference in performance.

That's what I initially thought, however I have since discovered that this is simply not the case.

This is why a lot of people (me included) are very interested in the benchmarks between the 867/900MHz Powerbook/iBooks.

However, the specs of the 17" are something to drool over.

AppleMatt

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by DaveGee
I just don't believe you Jon. What's your source on that?!?! ;) :D

D
huh im confused, anyways, i didnt mean to come off as a hard ass. arn probably knows some people who tell him these things. with the way apple operates, these people arent suppose to tell. all we can do is read the rumors, and wait to see if they were true. apple would probably throw people in jail if they found out who tells these things. thats all im saying.

iJon

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
actually iJon, i am one of those people advocating that arn does not need to reveal his sources and he he says with certainty there will be a 17" PB or there will be new ipod layout then i believe him. went through a rather annoying debate about this last week.... and i was supporting the point of view that sources would never be revealed. you got the wrong end of the stick old boy

what i was asking was 'not reveal your source'. this was a page 2 rumour, that proved to be 100% accurate. just wanted to know what else they might have had to say that we can also believe.

:D

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
sorry melchior, well from the looks of it, new ibooks do not boot into os 9, havnet opened the box the confirm yet, but the outside of the box says no os 9.

iJon

cotell

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2003
I know I was asking too much I was hoping that the iBooks would evantually go G4

I know what would be th point of the PowerBooks if this happened but still....

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
They do boot in to OS 9. Which is funny, considering that the rep at the apple store made a special point of tell me that they would not boot in 9.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.