Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclab

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Mountain Lion Calendar Debug Menu - how to enable?

Ok Mountain Lion is now here and the command line no longer works and I have a dysfunctional Calendar again, so here we go again.

Anybody know how to turn on the debug menu in Mountain Lion ?

Please

rbtroj

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2013
I am also having this same issue. It is particularly annoying when you have many overlapping meetings organized by someone else (hence you have no control over the start/end times. I've missed meetings because the second one just appears to be part of the first one. I much prefer the staggered layout in iPad and vanilla Outlook.

I was so hoping this fix would work but it appears the debug menu has been removed (or is invoked in a different way now).

I tried defaults write com.apple.iCal UseIpadStyleEventsLayout 1 but this, of course, did nothing.

Garoolgan

macrumors member
Overlapping Events

I've been retired for over 2 years now and it's great!!

As I'm not very busy, today was the first time I had this overlapping problem and I can't help asking why, when Apple have a basic program that functions they have to go and muck things up?

Prior to my retirement and with it in mind I bought an iPhone 3 and a new MacBook Pro (Lion). I've just learnt that I'm now going to have to start saving to buy a new iPhone which I don't need, as Apple is withdrawing service on the 3. Have a heart, think of us OAPs !!

Garoolgan

scopie

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
California
The terminal-based solution given in #22 unfortunately does not work anymore. A workaround is to go to the month view and click on the event you can't see or the "two, three, etc. more" link. Then when you go back to the day or week view the things you couldn't see before will be in front. Hopefully, Apple will include a "sent to back" command sometime soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.