Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
Noticed the same between my iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro. Both on ios14. Safari tabs each device shows still open on the other are outdated

Reactions: dk001

exi

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
I have the same issues as most of your. iCloud tabs only syncing every couple of hours. History doesn't seem to sync at all. It was all working fine a few days ago and yeah happened after Mac OS 10.15.7 I have escalated the case with Apple support to the senior engineer level. They still say it's not their backend issue. I will keep your updated on how the troubleshooting goes later.

Anything further from Apple?

Has anyone else filed a bug report (and if so, under what product)?

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Anything further from Apple?

Has anyone else filed a bug report (and if so, under what product)?

I haven’t actually contacted Apple as I figured they’d fix it at some point and I didn’t want to go through the song and dance of having them tell me to wipe all my devices and set them up as new.

Reactions: centauratlas

centracore

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm also having syncing issues with iCloud Tabs as of the past couple days.. even tried disabling and re-enabling Safari iCloud syncing across all of my devices but it didn't make a difference.

Reactions: centauratlas

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2011
Same happened to me. iCloud tabs show tabs opened long time ago and not the ones currently open on other devices. I did not remember when it began exactly but likely some time last week. I tried to disable and enable Safari on iCloud on both Mac and iPhone. That did not help.

kfscoll

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2009
I've been trying to troubleshoot this for hours. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!

Oh yeah, 10.15.7 and Safari 14.0 on Macs, iOS 14.2/iPadOS 14.2 on respective devices.

Last edited:

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Wow, it's just broken all over the place.

I just upgraded my work laptop to Big Sur, and I have a completely different set of tabs showing up than I actually have on my other machine. It's a mix of old and new tabs, including some tabs I haven't had open for a week (election day stuff).

Wonder what they changed that it's so broken.

brianmowrey

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2020
Wonder what they changed that it's so broken.
Nothing has to have been changed. Between your iCloud data and your device is intermediary, regional server caches. If the caches are failing to update in a particular category, then iCloud will have your correct list of open tabs but one or the other of your devices will be syncing to an out of date cache. In such a case it will self-resolve once Apple becomes aware of it, without any "change" to iCloud or OS 14.

iAmTomas

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2020
Happened for me also few days ago. Tabs updates with VERY big delay (no less than 3 hours).
I'm on iOS 13.5 and Mojave.

Lee Eel

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2020
I plugged my phone in to my Mac to sync and the dialogue box on this article (https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208831) appeared. I installed it and noticed the open tab shown on my phone and iPad changed to that tab. I've watched tabs closed around 60 hours ago dribble in throughout today. I hope this suggests some progress to see a tab so recently opened appear. At present the problem remains, but perhaps our comments have been noted and a fix of sorts is being organised?

Reactions: dk001

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Seems particularly bad today. I checked my iPhone and it’s saying I have 12 tabs open on my iPad (I have 0). All the tabs were tabs I had opened yesterday. That’s over 24 hours ago.

RFAML

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2020
Same problem here! Also photos not syncing with other devices, or very slow like tabs. Anybody else got that aswell?

The1NC

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2020
I started noticing this issue this past weekend as well. I'm using iOS 13.5 and Mojave 10.14.6 with safari 14.0 (14610.1.28.1.10). I'm seeing really old tabs from my MBP on my iPhone, and not seeing any iPhone tabs on my MBP. I haven't done any updates recently to either device.

firesuite

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
Same here. Wildly out of sync– some tabs that were closed days ago showing on random devices, some new tabs showing up, others not at all. Some devices not syncing at all. MBP on 11.0.1 (though I first noticed it on Catalina last week), iPhone XR on 14.2, and iPad Air 2 on 14.2. Whole thing's a cluster****. I've turned off all Safari syncing in iCloud on all devices for now. Will try again tomorrow.

WinterWolf90

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
Yeah I have Big Sur, and latest iOS updates and its occurring with all of them as well. it shows stuff from the prior day and is not current.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.