Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Does this issue also ha e an effect when trying to savewebaites as bookmark tabs?

I can't save Bookmark tabs at all.

Reactions: gank41

Phantom iCloud tabs

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2021
I have it all tabs close but on my iPhone is says macOS has a tab open and everyone I close it even tho it’s not open it just comes back so annoying
You need to go to your iCloud settings, deselect Safari, and when it asks if you want to delete Safari data, select "yes." That will clear off the file that is incorrectly reporting an open tab on other devices.

Reactions: xpxp2002

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
It's hilarious and sad that four years later this bug is still a problem.
And if this wasn't annoying enough, I'm n ow having sync issues on my reminders!!! Complete or amend a reminder on one device, it doesn't sync across to the other devices!!!

xpxp2002

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2016
And if this wasn't annoying enough, I'm n ow having sync issues on my reminders!!! Complete or amend a reminder on one device, it doesn't sync across to the other devices!!!
I've been having this only on the Mac for some time. If I change the time of a reminder, it'll update on all of my other devices within about 5 seconds. Except the Mac, where I have to launch the app to get the notification to go away and time to refresh.

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I've been having this only on the Mac for some time. If I change the time of a reminder, it'll update on all of my other devices within about 5 seconds. Except the Mac, where I have to launch the app to get the notification to go away and time to refresh.
Everytime there's a software update, I have hopes these issues will be fixed 😔

Reactions: xpxp2002

OnePieceIsReal

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
Happened to me many times what I do is turn off iCloud for safari for both iOS and Mac devices then turn it back on and it should work again

Reactions: scouser75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.