Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebpettersson

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2019
I'm not defending or justifying apple's choices or the quality, but rather pointing out that if the OP doesn't like the machine then he's free to not buy it. There are many people who have zero complaints with the display and love their MBP.

The same could be said about the butterfly keyboard though. It's a valid complaint and if enough people complain, maybe Apple will put resources into fixing this problem.

Reactions: emraha06

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
The same could be said about the butterfly keyboard though. It's a valid complaint and if enough people complain, maybe Apple will put resources into fixing this problem.

I am not sure what you want fixed. You would like them to go back to using lower quality panels with faster response times? Once LED technology advances enough do that we can have uLED displays, all this will go away automatically. But with LCDs, slow pixel response time is an unfortunate consequence of having a high-quality display.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
i have noticed this problem very late so i can not take my money back
Maybe there's a software update that can fix this? I would try contacting Apple Support. With all the COVID issues going on, who knows what kind of leeway they have to satisfy customers. Good luck!

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
I will say I've seen a few of these displays and some do seem legitimately better than others. But generally, there does seem to be a push and pull between quality/color accuracy and response time. Apple chose to focus on the former, and for some users that was the right call. They'll probably try to strike a better balance with the next version of the display.

I think mine looks brilliant for whatever it's worth. I actually see less streaking when scrolling in dark mode than I see on the 120 hz iPad Pro.

if it is not hard for you could you please capture a video with same external camera both scrolling on ipad pro and mbp 16 on same web page and share with us

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
there is a 32 pages thread in this forum which is the biggest thread in the world
Which is where your comments belong (and indeed already exist by other people). That way the board has one long thread instead of 32 short ones clogging things up.

Meuti

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2019
It has been said more than once: buy something else. I'm using my MBP 16 almost 10 hours a day and I'm having have no issues whatsoever. If it smears, scroll slower... Good night.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Moderator Note:

There is an existing thread for this topic. Please continue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.