Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
WOw this thing looks awesome and very classy! I wonder how thick it is...

compared to let's say the Seidio slim rubberized case.

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
edit... the are apparently real carbon fiber but not lined at all... there web site says

WARNING: Insertion and removal of your iPhone into your FlakJacket 100% Carbon Fiber protective case will cause scuffing and potentially light scratches to your iPhone body. In cleanroom laboratory settings, scuffing is minimal and mostly undetectable to the naked eye. Your FlakJacket is intended to remain on your iPhone for the maximum protection possible. CREATIVE COMPOSITES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SCUFFING OR SCRATCHES THAT MAY OCCUR TO YOUR IPHONE DURING INSERTION OR REMOVAL INTO YOUR FLAKJACKET. To minimize potential scuffing and scratches to your iPhone, keep your FlakJacket protective case where it belongs, wrapped snuggly around your iPhone.

iphone21

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2008
iFlak Rip OFF???

Got press release March 06 via email stating iFlak Jacket for iPhones are available from R. Henson (president of Creative Composites). March 07, I placed order for the iFlakJacket. Since then, I placed numerous phone calls and emails to R. Henson. no response to any of the emails and phone messages. The only thing that works right is the shopping cart and PayPal since it is independent from Creative Composites.

rainmanca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
Nope, not a ripoff

Just talked to a guy who ordered two. Like the site says, razor blade thin but super strong. Perfect profile and nice textured feel to the case. Not all epoxy resin like automotive wet layup. Apparently only .05 thickness--can that be true--that's so thin. I guess carbon fiber is like that because they're building all thos Airbus airplanes out of it and saving tons weight and adding strength.

I'm going to order one as soon as I get paid next week.

iphone21

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2008
iFlak case arrived

Just received the case this Thursday and looks good, I will post photos of the product soon. It is true carbon and truly one to look for.:)

Bentov

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
Case thickness.

Is the case really only 0.5mm thick? Also, the color and pattern on it look odd. It is black with the same color pattern as normal carbon fiber and they are just using some kinds of funky lighting, or is really that bronze color?

rainmanca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
Duh--Blocks Reception

The bottom of the iPhone, the black part, is actually the antenna of the iphone. Anything, leather, plastic, aluminum, and especially carbon fiber shields the antenna from reception.

I guess they could wrap it in carbon fiber but then you wouldn't be able to make any phone calls!:eek:

iason

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2008
Did anybody else finally receive the iflakjacket ?

Just received the case this Thursday and looks good, I will post photos of the product soon. It is true carbon and truly one to look for.:)

I ordered mine a couple of days ago and am worried it might be only vaporware.
In addition it took more than 4 weeks to deliver - I suppose to USA.
Now, I want this to be delivered to GERMANY.
Please, help me not to loose my belief and tell me that this is real stuff and will be delivered soon...

Bentov

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
I must have a lemon..

Well I finally recieved my iflakjacket yesterday and guess what...it doesn't fit in my dock. :mad: Guess I got the one made on friday afternoon, 10 minutes before Miller time. Anyone else who has ordered one have the same problem? Is the iPhone dock different than a Universal dock? I may just dremel my dock down a bit, it's close, but it definitly doesn't dock with the case one. Besides that there are some slight cosmetic things that I wouldn't expect a $90 case to have, but overall, the only thing that really bothers me is the non docking aspect. The search continues for the ultimate iPhone case....that I can carry in the Griffen holster and dock :)

Bentov

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well I finally recieved my iflakjacket yesterday and guess what...it doesn't fit in my dock. :mad: Guess I got the one made on friday afternoon, 10 minutes before Miller time. Anyone else who has ordered one have the same problem? Is the iPhone dock different than a Universal dock? I may just dremel my dock down a bit, it's close, but it definitly doesn't dock with the case one. Besides that there are some slight cosmetic things that I wouldn't expect a $90 case to have, but overall, the only thing that really bothers me is the non docking aspect. The search continues for the ultimate iPhone case....that I can carry in the Griffen holster and dock :)

Bentov

pics?

Bentov

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
re: pics?

Yea, I was thinking I should do that, I'll post some views later tomorrow night. I'm probably being pretty picky about the cosmetic things, but the only carbon fiber items I have are a pen from work, and a front section of a pool cue. I think the issue that both of those items are under some kind of acrylic or clear plastic; so the presentation is a little cleaner. I know they make carbon fiber hoods for cars, but never inspected one up close.

Bentov

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
bumping this to request some end-user pictures of this case. it seems pretty cool from the site, but their pictures aren't the greatest. Is it really that brownish color in person? I would have hoped it to be more black/silver in color

ACKRITE

macrumors member
May 11, 2008
West Hartford, CT
Their site has listed an iflakjacket Carbon Fiber case for the iPhone "G3" as they like to call it. Has anyone tried this yet. If so, any pix?

Much thanks,

pj rage

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
Very interesting case! Does this truly protect your phone if you were to DROP it? I've got ghost-armor on now that is protecting from scratches, but I'd like something to protect from dropping it (from about waist high would be the threat mostly). Anyone have any experience dropping a phone with the carbon fiber case?

Also, is it so tight fitting that it may not fit on the phone with the ghost-armor skin on it?

rainmanca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
The website gives all the details of the case under the FAQ

Nothing better than aircraft grade carbon fiber. I've had one of these now for three months and dropped it many times. Total protection.

Check out the cool leather cases in various colors. I like the green myself.

Oh, and it looks like they carry the protection film now as well.

Good luck!

B.King

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
on there website they show a guy with a bow and arrow putting a hole in the case... Just kinda does not impress me to watch someone ruin there product. I can kind of understand when blendtech ruins other peoples products. But that just left me super :confused:

Anyone with pic reviews on this?

pj rage

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
Nothing better than aircraft grade carbon fiber. I've had one of these now for three months and dropped it many times. Total protection.

Check out the cool leather cases in various colors. I like the green myself.

Oh, and it looks like they carry the protection film now as well.

Good luck!
Do you think the case would still fit your phone if you had a skin on your phone such as bodyguardz, IS, ghost-armor, BSE, etc?

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
This strike anyone else as an advertisement instead of a review? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.