Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
User error, OBVIOUSLY... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, its just crappy software. You didnt do anything wrong, and there is nothing you can do to change it. Except restore your iphone. Should have taken my above comments to heart. :(

You don't have to restore, just look at my previous post. :)

akophone

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2007
ifuntastic 3 works well, but how come all my text on my home screen shows as MobileSMS, MobilePhone, MobileMail, MobileSafari, MobileMusicPlayer, etc? How can I fix this? other than that it works pretty well... except using my home screen background as my home wallpaper doesnt seem to work.

The best way to change these fugly names is:

Make sure iFuntastic is closed. Go to your HD>Applications>iFuntastic Support (folder) and open a text file called HomeScreenArrangement.txt.
You will now see a list like "com.apple...." . Type a new name after the "newName=" replacing the default name apps to your custom name. Make sure there is a space after the"=" sign.
When finished, save your changes.
Now open iFuntastic. Go to Home Screen. You should now see the updated app names, yes? Now click "Update iPhone". Your iPhone will prompt you to "slide to unlock". There you have it!!

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Does anybody know if it is possible to get all the "Page 1" "Page 2" crap off the bottom of the home screen? The only thing I wanted this for was to add ringtones, because Sendsong won't work for me, and now I have to deal with these annoying little page icons at the bottom?

I really hope someone can help me with this.

Please Note: I'm on a PPC Mac, thus why I've waited so long to add ringtones.

AllanRR

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2007
Does anybody know if it is possible to get all the "Page 1" "Page 2" crap off the bottom of the home screen? The only thing I wanted this for was to add ringtones, because Sendsong won't work for me, and now I have to deal with these annoying little page icons at the bottom?

Hello,
Just drag the icons off the screen in iFuntastic.

A

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan

like the previous poster said, you can just drag them off the screen, or you can get sendsong to work by installing BSD subsystem.app from installer.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
like the previous poster said, you can just drag them off the screen, or you can get sendsong to work by installing BSD subsystem.app from installer.

Having the same issue, but the problem is the icons aren't even listed as being placed on the phone to begin with. I haven't dragged them on or off as they aren't in iFuntastic and only appear when the iPhone's home screen is on. Strange...

Otherwise, I finally got it to work. Funny thing is, iFuntastic 3.0.3 doesn't work well under Tiger 10.4.10, but works fine using Leopard 9A500n.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Having the same issue, but the problem is the icons aren't even listed as being placed on the phone to begin with. I haven't dragged them on or off as they aren't in iFuntastic and only appear when the iPhone's home screen is on. Strange...

Otherwise, I finally got it to work. Funny thing is, iFuntastic 3.0.3 doesn't work well under Tiger 10.4.10, but works fine using Leopard 9A500n.

Do the fonts look like this to you?

Picture1-1.png

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Do the fonts look like this to you?

Picture1-1.png

Yup, the fonts in the program look EXACTLY like that. (and you have 9A527, still have yet to download it, but haven't had time to get it from Apple). You liking it?

Any ways, back on point, everything is working out except for this:

iPhone.jpg

I have not placed the option for numerous iPhone sub screens, but it keeps putting them in the fourth row with the names "iFun01", "iFun02", "iFun03" and "iFun04"...

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Using the file manager, go to /Applications and if you see something like Page1.app, Page2.app, etc ... delete them. Then restart your iPhone and they should be gone.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Using the file manager, go to /Applications and if you see something like Page1.app, Page2.app, etc ... delete them. Then restart your iPhone and they should be gone.

I deleted those Page1.app, etc. as well as iFun1.app, iFun2.app, etc. and it did the trick. Thanks!

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Wait so from what im reading this version isnt actually that bad, you just have play with it a bit and tweak it a lil bit...or am i reading wrong?

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Wait so from what im reading this version isnt actually that bad, you just have play with it a bit and tweak it a lil bit...or am i reading wrong?

No, it really is that bad. The only thing I would use it for is automated theme creation and installation. Don't install apps with it, don't put ringtones on your phone with it, don't use it to jailbreak or "unshackle" (use the AppTapp installer to do that) ... just make themes and you should be okay.

Oh, and when making themes, don't tell it to hide text.

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007

Worked great. Thanks.

Is there any reason I should re-shackle my phone now?

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
User error, OBVIOUSLY... :rolleyes:

you can roll your eyes all you want, but that still doesn't change the fact that I'm able to use this latest version with zero problems. as I said before, I've been able to use all the functions (ie - add ringtones, relocate icons, change wallpaper, take away and put back the text on the icons) all without any side effects.

so either I must have some sort of super duper computer along with a super duper iPhone or it just may very well be that some peoples' problems may stem from some sort of bad luck.

and before someone else says this again to me, no, I'm not a know it all. I'm just speaking from my personal experience with the program.

*Ozzie will now wait to be flamed ago for speaking the truth* :rolleyes:

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
you can roll your eyes all you want, but that still doesn't change the fact that I'm able to use this latest version with zero problems. as I said before, I've been able to use all the functions (ie - add ringtones, relocate icons, change wallpaper, take away and put back the text on the icons) all without any side effects.

so either I must have some sort of super duper computer along with a super duper iPhone or it just may very well be that some peoples' problems may stem from some sort of bad luck.

and before someone else says this again to me, no, I'm not a know it all. I'm just speaking from my personal experience with the program.

*Ozzie will now wait to be flamed ago for speaking the truth* :rolleyes:

You are not helping these people at all by telling them it's user error. Just go away.

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Not really. The only thing that would do is make it so you have to unshackle again next time you want to do something.

I was just wondering if I shackled it again I wouldn't have to format when a new update rolls out...

Whatever, I assume we're going to see an update by mid-next week, at which point I can just reformat and buy iToner or use iTunes' rumored ringtone solution.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I was just wondering if I shackled it again I wouldn't have to format when a new update rolls out...

Whatever, I assume we're going to see an update by mid-next week, at which point I can just reformat and buy iToner or use iTunes' rumored ringtone solution.

I'm not sure ... :confused::(

LoneWolf121188

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Longmont, CO
My biggest problem I have with this is that when you change the home screen, it replaces any icon modifications that you've made. Very annoying. That and all the crap dummy applications that it installs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.