Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
Worked well for me, but I only moved icons and changed carrier logo.
I did not load ringtones as I have already put all the ringtones on previously with Efiko's app.

padmasana

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2006
I had been waiting on ringtones until something easy like this came along. It works great. I just loaded about a dozen ringtones out of iTunes. Wo-hoo -- that was fun!

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
i cant get it to work. the iphone stops working on the "connect to itunes" screen and then the software says its lost connection. after i reconnected it, i had 99MB left and it listed my total space available as 200MB. i had to restore.

sminman

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2006
Just want to let people know that this program is great!

It makes putting ringtones on the iPhone so simple!!

So if you want to put a song as a ringtone then use this program, it's so easy.

Sam

alexplore11

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
MA
Awesome

When I tried to add ringtones using the step-by-step instructions, for some reason it didn't work.

HOWEVER, this program worked slick and beautiful. Its SOOO easy and worked perfectly.

Download it! Try it! You'll love it! Thank you soooo much to the creators, the ringtones problem has been my only qualm with the iPhone! Thank you again!

loudestnoise

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Nashville, TN
I had some success and some well not success with iFuntastic. For some reason I think when you are in the 'Prepare' stage iFuntastic wants iTunes to be open so it can quit it for you, because every time I quit it before running iFuntastic the Jailbreak would fail. Just my experience. Other than that it worked pretty well.

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Wow, this app is really great, and has made some impressive strides. I just had some fun rearranging my home screen (a note: though the app allows you to drag to the bottom row, leaving other places empty, this didn't work for me, it just put what I had placed in the 4th row into the 3rd).

The thing I'd have to say I'm most happy about is that I can now pleasantly forget that I'm using AT&T's network at all. I'm using Apple's network :D :

Original1.png

Original2.png

Here's the link to the three icons (I made a black one first before I decided I liked matching the blue better), if anyone would like to use them, feel free. Liberating you from AT&T in this small way, I feel like Robin Hood really.

EDIT: I updated the photos to move the image up just a bit, and made the blue logo gradient so it matches both the signal indicator and the wifi signal indicator pretty darn well. I haven't tested it with the Edge logo yet, so a bit more tweaking may be required, but I hope not. Try them out, I think you'll be pleased with how they blend in.

EDIT2: Ok, so the perfectionist in me wanted the Logo centered between the signal indicators, so after what seems like 20 attempts (poor little phone), I believe I've fixed these. I'm going to bed now.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
why is there no PPC version? is there some problem with ppc that means it can't work? or did they just not compile a ub?

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
your website doesnt exist.

The directory doesn't exist, the website does.

Try it now.

Instert spaces where applicable to make them display properly in the ringtone selector. My apologies about the variety. Most of them are instrumental sections of rock songs. There's a bit of nintendo music. The snippit from Pink Folyd's Time, however, makes an amazing alarm clock ringtone.

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
this worked great.

now, someone should volunteer as a UI designer on this project to make it look less like a windows app.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
is there a reason why not all of the songs i've transfered are working? i'd say about 60% are... but when i select some of them, i get no audio. the songs are from the itunes preview download trick.

(btw, i did this on a friend's computer since i'm still waiting on a PPC version)

nateDEEZY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
San Francisco, CA
is there a reason why not all of the songs i've transfered are working? i'd say about 60% are... but when i select some of them, i get no audio. the songs are from the itunes preview download trick.

(btw, i did this on a friend's computer since i'm still waiting on a PPC version)

With the preview songs from itunes, it's hit and miss... like the ones that don't work on the iphone when i transfered it into garageband they didn't work either.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
With the preview songs from itunes, it's hit and miss... like the ones that don't work on the iphone when i transfered it into garageband they didn't work either.

dang, that's too bad. i've been trying to figure out a way to convert them to a different format (mp3 or something) but haven't had any luck. i've tried using quicktime pro to get it to .mov and convert it back to an mp3, but no luck... i've tried using final cut pro, but no luck... and itunes won't convert anything because they are protected files.

it's just weird that some work and some don't

EDIT: i ended up simply making my own versions of the songs. i figured that would save time over fussing with converting them and everything. they sound great!

mints

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
Is there any way to use this to change the rest of the icons? I'd like to personalize how my phone display looks with an icon set or two, but I'm a dreadfully afraid of screwing something up if I go the terminal route.

loudestnoise

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Nashville, TN
I'm a dreadfully afraid of screwing something up if I go the terminal route.

Well think about it like this. iFuntastic does do the same thing the scary terminal way, just with a nice GUI wrapper. Really you can't go too wrong, there are very comprehensive step by step tutorials out there. Start at modmyiphone.com, they have quite a good collection.

liberty4all

Jan 7, 2007
Non-universal binaries?! :-(

I find it ridiculous that any developers are releasing non-universal binaries like this (virtualization products excluded)... what is the reasoning?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.