Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
I find it ridiculous that any developers are releasing non-universal binaries like this (virtualization products excluded)... what is the reasoning?

For me at least, even when I compile UB's on my Intel Mac, they still will not run on PPC. I have no idea what causes this, as I checked every setting I could see or glean from the help files I read. Eventually I just gave up, because I figured it wouldn't matter for long enough for me to worry about it. (I don't mean that arrogantly, it's just that I'm still just starting out as a developer, so by the time I'm in the thick of it, even a larger percentage will have upgraded).

b257177

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2007
Ive used version 2 and love it. I am hoping they will continue adding the other post-jailbreak features, like changing the other systems icons and wallpapers. The developer definitely deserves a donation.

I am wondering what the first firmware update will do, in terms of wiping everything out. Oh well, it's easy enough (now) to switch things back (which has me thinking of another neat-to-have feature for iFuntastic - saved profiles.)

--
http://iPhoneWriter.com

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
ok i made a simple "iPhone" carrier logo... but i love it... works REALLY REALLY well.. done in the Myraid pro font to make it look official

download the zip file (has both 1.png and 2.png file) here...

http://homepage.mac.com/ejrizo/iphonecarrierlogo.zip

tell me what you guys think i love it... much better than Seeing AT&T

EDIT*

btw here is a picture of it with the carrier logo changed

carrierlogomod.jpg

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
ok i made a simple iPhone carrier logo... but i love it... works REALLY REALLY well.. done in they Myraid pro font to make it look official

download the zip file (has both 1.png and 2.png file) here...

http://homepage.mac.com/ejrizo/iphonecarrierlogo.zip

tell me what you guys think i love it... much better than Seeing AT&T

Nice. I made mine with my name, "CJ's iPhone", instead of ATT, and even made a Verizon version as well. Did it using Photoshop CS3, with a 65 x 18 size png file, translucent background with black and one with white lettering. Simply number the dark png file1.png and the light lettering file2.png, load em into iFuntastic and you're set. Also rearranged the icons, with the Calendar, Clock, Weather and Setting on top, and SMS, Google Maps, Photos and Camera on the bottom (the most used apps for me). Added a few rings tones I made through Audacity (exported 30-40 sec mp3 clips from various songs for ringers, and used fade in and out).

Now if there was some sort of way to change the home screen background with a wallpaper, but one that wouldn't be too busy...

chiefillini

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL.
:DThis is sweet. I have been waiting for a easier way. Put 2 ringtones on for my first mod with version 2. Why apple why must you make it this damn hard though?
Thanks to all the developers.
later

update: only problem is that I followed someones directions that you could "The easiest way to do this is with iFuntastic. The only problem is that iFuntastic doesn't recognize .m4p files as a viable ringtone format. The workaround is to rename the file to .m4a and proceed to upload."
I did this but the .m4a does not work on the iphone. Any suggestions?

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
can we get a collection going with an example of how it looks? might be a good thread to have... with carrier logos... just a thought anyway... let me see some of yours... i love the iphone one i have but im sure there could be better ones out there

Kurt Hustle

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2007
I have several good ringtones that I'd be willing to share. They aren't full length songs, just the thirty secs or so that make a good ringtone. I'll upload em to my website when I get home. The URL will be: http://www.tennis-schedule.com/ringtones.

Awesome stuff man thanks alot. Loving that Scorpions No One Like You tone..now if i could just figure out how to put ringtones on my phone on Windows =/

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
i'm really upset that the developer are not compiling a UB version, at least to keep us PPC users part of the iPhone game. Sigh.

Why is everything out for the iPhone intel only. This really isn't fair.

Can someone contact the developers of iFuntastic and let them know they should make a UB version at least? :mad:

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
i'm really upset that the developer are not compiling a UB version, at least to keep us PPC users part of the iPhone game. Sigh.

Can someone contact the developers of iFuntastic and let them know they should make a UB version at least? :mad:

You cant support old technologies forever...

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor

Couldn't agree with you more.

ObsidianIce

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Seventh Circle of Hell
You cant support old technologies forever...

I gotta say that's a rather ridiculous statement on this issue in particular. There is a huge number of g4 and g5 machines out there and they aren't particularly old and they're very viable machines. The PPC base is still much larger than the intel machine base in the mac world. This is just me griping though.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
I had to restore my iPhone today, because it showed 300mb capacity. After the restore, I can't get iFuntastic to run, anyone else having this problem?

jersey

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
... This really isn't fair...

wait ..... hold on..... do you hear that? its the tiniest violin ever playing a song, and it's playing it just for you.

Maybe before you plunked down $600 for a phone, you should have put that money towards an intel mini, macbook, etc. The intel chipset has been in these machines for two years now. There is really no reason to support ppc, unless its an app used in a specified field such as video, music, etc., and it was released for ppc previously.

Sp71Supra

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2007
wait ..... hold on..... do you hear that? its the tiniest violin ever playing a song, and it's playing it just for you.

Maybe before you plunked down $600 for a phone, you should have put that money towards an intel mini, macbook, etc. The intel chipset has been in these machines for two years now..

Couldnt agree more... I had a Powerbook G4... and it was a piece of garbage compared to this new C2D MBP, I sold it to a distant friend.. and I got to see the machine about 2 months ago.. it was painful using it.. SLOOOOOW

b257177

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2007
I love the drag and drop usability of v2, I wish icon changing was this easy :(

Me too. I am really hoping the next version fills in some of the blank menu area with new menu item, to do some/most of the other hacks that are available, like changing systems icons and the various wallpapers, etc. I actually donated a little cash to the developer.

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006

I don't blame you for wanting support for your PPC-based system. However, why don't YOU take the initiative to contact the developer?

I'm wondering how many of the complainers here have taken the time to write the developer(s) and ask the question, rather than complain on a public forum ad naseum.

My .02...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.