Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I like Xenforo as a whole, but don't like the ignore list functionality in it.

On other forum software I've used, when I place a user on ignore it puts a "placeholder" in the thread and gives the option to view the post. That way, I can use it as something of a "filter"-if I find that a person occasionally has valuable input but mostly find that their posts are tedious or whatever I put them on ignore and choose to read where I think they might add something to the thread. Also, it preserves the continuity of the thread for me since I can see that there's a post that I'm skipping over.

On Xenforo, an ignored user essentially doesn't exist in threads.

BTW, I think I know the user @D.T. is talking about. I suspect that I'm on that particular poster's ignore list because they never respond to me when I quote their posts when they respond to everything else. It's nothing to me-in my case I'm trying to either engage in conversation or disagree with a point that they've made(while giving my reasons). I'll keep responding.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You can see the content by clicking on this button for posts. I'm not sure if there's anything for threads though
2018-04-27_09-47-49.png

[doublepost=1524912233][/doublepost]Edit there is:
2018-04-28_06-43-29.png

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I like Xenforo as a whole, but don't like the ignore list functionality in it.

On other forum software I've used, when I place a user on ignore it puts a "placeholder" in the thread and gives the option to view the post. That way, I can use it as something of a "filter"-if I find that a person occasionally has valuable input but mostly find that their posts are tedious or whatever I put them on ignore and choose to read where I think they might add something to the thread. Also, it preserves the continuity of the thread for me since I can see that there's a post that I'm skipping over.

BTW, I think I know the user @D.T. is talking about. I suspect that I'm on that particular poster's ignore list because they never respond to me when I quote their posts when they respond to everything else. It's nothing to me-in my case I'm trying to either engage in conversation or disagree with a point that they've made(while giving my reasons). I'll keep responding.
Are you ignoring me? :confused:

I think I've only ever ignored one user. They seem to have moved on as I don't see the show ignored content messages anymore.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Out of curiosity, if you see the below when looking at a user's profile, would it indicate that you are on that user's ignore list?

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 7.09.00 PM.png

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
The ignore list is literally the BEST FEATURE EVER!

Occasionally I've clicked on "show ignored content" and WHOA..
I would instantly leave this site and never return if I had to deal with the people I have on ignore.
It's incredible.

But -with the ignore feature, we are all able to effectively "get rid of" people for whatever reason and make things very enjoyable. It's really great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.