Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLEXiNFO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2013
Moscow
IMG_0001999.png

I will make use of the iLEX R.A.T. without the MobileTerminal )

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
Great to hear this is working well for people. I'm about to try it myself.

Edit: Just tried it and it worked flawlessly, other than it didn't remove gridlock and some dependencies from icleaner. I wonder if you can do this if you end up in a boot loop.

Last edited:

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
It does not remove either the Gridlock 2 settings or Gridlock 2 itself.

Confirmed by another forum member.

Fabrahaingo

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
Removemytweaks.txt problem

I have a problem!
When I try to delete all tweaks, Ilex rat tells me that it didn't find the following file "removemytweaks.txt" in the directory "var/media/general_settings"
Can you help me please?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
I have a problem!
When I try to delete all tweaks, Ilex rat tells me that it didn't find the following file "removemytweaks.txt" in the directory "var/media/general_settings"
Can you help me please?

Add that directory with ifile and it should work.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
everything seems great about it except the "official repo" for it is littered with pirated apps. I don't trust it.

Exactly.

Plus why wouldn't you simply uninstall the cydia apps / tweaks you don't want yourself? It probably takes a total of 3 minutes and seems much safer than downloading an relatively unknown application and hoping nothing goes wrong :-/

Simply open cydia and go to your packages, click the "simple" button in the top right corner and uninstall everything but the stock cydia packages below:

APR (/usr/lib)
APT 0.7 (apt-key)
APT 0.7 Strict (lib)
Base Structure
Big Boss Icon Set
Bourne-Again SHell
bzip2
Core Utilities (/bin)
Cydia Installer
Cydia Translations
Darwin Tools
Debian Packager
Debian Utilities
Diff Utilities
evasi0n 6.0-6.1.2 Untether
Find Utilities
GNU Privacy Guard
grep
gzip
LZMA Utils
New Curses
PAM (Apple)
PAM Modules
pcre
Profile Directory
readline
sed
shell-cmds
system-cmds
Tape Archive
UI Kit Tools

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Cydia.app

Speed trick: If you want to make things quicker simply uninstall "mobile substrate" from you cydia packages and that will take out all of your tweaks / apps in one shot and then you just have to uninstall a couple of dependency files left.

Last edited:

orbliveguy

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
Exactly.

Plus why wouldn't you simply uninstall the cydia apps / tweaks you don't want yourself? It probably takes a total of 3 minutes and seems much safer than downloading an relatively unknown application and hoping nothing goes wrong :-/

Simply open cydia and go to your packages, click the "simple" button in the top right corner and uninstall everything but the stock cydia packages below:

APR (/usr/lib)
APT 0.7 (apt-key)
APT 0.7 Strict (lib)
Base Structure
Big Boss Icon Set
Bourne-Again SHell
bzip2
Core Utilities (/bin)
Cydia Installer
Cydia Translations
Darwin Tools
Debian Packager
Debian Utilities
Diff Utilities
evasi0n 6.0-6.1.2 Untether
Find Utilities
GNU Privacy Guard
grep
gzip
LZMA Utils
New Curses
PAM (Apple)
PAM Modules
pcre
Profile Directory
readline
sed
shell-cmds
system-cmds
Tape Archive
UI Kit Tools

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Cydia.app

Speed trick: If you want to make things quicker simply uninstall "mobile substrate" from you cydia packages and that will take out all of your tweaks / apps in one shot and then you just have to uninstall a couple of dependency files left.
Of course you can manually delete everything via Cydia but that method does you no good if you update/install something & get stuck in an apple loop. If you can't get out by hard reboot/stealth safemode/disabling tweaks etc,...that's when this tweak is useful.

It can help save your JB.

iLEXiNFO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2013
Moscow
iLEX R.A.T can help save your JB.
Well said! :)

----------

LEX R.A.T. rescued repeatedly!
It's true!

jbzcar

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
R.A.T. works beautifully! Tested it out on a 3GS I am about to sell. Removed all the tweaks I had installed and now the phone is back to stock with just Cydia sitting there waiting for the new owner. :)

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
I ran ilex rat this morning, and I had the same problem as I did before. Gridlock as well as a few dependencies were not uninstalled. Other than that, it worked perfectly.

iLEXiNFO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2013
Moscow
Install from the official repo and the latest version!

Install from the official repo and the latest version!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.