Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2012
Hmm, it's not perfect. I just used option 12, full restore, on my 4s. It did not reset icons for built in apps that I manually changed and it left data files in the root of /var/mobile. That's all I've found, so far, but I'm still looking around for other traces.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2012
I found more traces of files not reset or deleted.

/Library/Logs/lockdownd.log.1
/Library/Logs/CrashReporter
/Library/Logs/AppleSupport/
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.openssh.sshd.plist

And the most disturbing is that I found keychain data that still has my info in it. I opened it in SQLite Manager and saw entries for LogMeIn, GMail, DropBox, etc.:
/Library/Keychains/keychain-2.db
/Library/Keychains/keychain-ota-backup.plist

/etc/master.passwd and /etc/passwd are dated from Febuary so I am guessing they were not reset and probably still contain the modified ssh passwords that I added when I first installed SSH.

If this was just a restore for my own personal use, I'd be ok with it but I was hoping to use this as a way to wipe the device while keeping the jailbreak for resale.

Mhaddy

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2005
Canada
I recently used iLexRat to restore my iPhone 5 and downloaded the files in the /Library/Keychains/ folder (keychain-2.db and TrustStore.sqlite3) and I see no personal data (no data at all, actually) when viewed with SQLLite.

Perhaps some of these omissions have since been fixed?

I found more traces of files not reset or deleted.

/Library/Logs/lockdownd.log.1
/Library/Logs/CrashReporter
/Library/Logs/AppleSupport/
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.openssh.sshd.plist

And the most disturbing is that I found keychain data that still has my info in it. I opened it in SQLite Manager and saw entries for LogMeIn, GMail, DropBox, etc.:
/Library/Keychains/keychain-2.db
/Library/Keychains/keychain-ota-backup.plist

/etc/master.passwd and /etc/passwd are dated from Febuary so I am guessing they were not reset and probably still contain the modified ssh passwords that I added when I first installed SSH.

If this was just a restore for my own personal use, I'd be ok with it but I was hoping to use this as a way to wipe the device while keeping the jailbreak for resale.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2012
I did it with iPad 1 just a few days ago with a newly installed version of iLExRat and still had info leftover in the keychain files. I then deleted the keychain files and a few other preference files that contained my iCloud ID and rebooted. The deleted files were automatically created on reboot and every thing on the iPad seems to work except, and this is a big problem, I can no longer sign into iMessage. And I stupidly didn't keep track of the files I deleted and cannot restore them to see if that fixes iMessage.

drsakok

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2013
Is Cydia still installed and functioning?

yes cydia still installed and working well but when i connect my iphone 5 (6.0) via cable,in itools main menu it seen jailbreaked: no, so itools can't see file system (jailbreak). before iLEX it was dedicated, thanx for reply and sory my bad english..

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
yes cydia still installed and working well but when i connect my iphone 5 (6.0) via cable,in itools main menu it seen jailbreaked: no, so itools can't see file system (jailbreak). before iLEX it was dedicated, thanx for reply and sory my bad english..

Have you tried rebooting, hard reseting, and respringing the device? Does ifile work as expected or does that have an issue seeing the file structure too?

kingjames1

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2013
My ipad was stuck on the apple screen so I used Semi Restore but that didn't work. I open up iFunbox and it still detects my ipad as jailbroken but it no longer has ilex rat. Is there a way to install ilex rat onto the ipad from iFunbox and then run the program since my ipad is currently stuck on the apple logo?
And I have tried multiple remedies to fix this issue but ilex rat seems to be my last available option to keep cydia.

jojo2211

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2011
Lost my jailbreak

I just did a iLax restore and it restored my iPad to factory settings. There is no Cydia icon anymore. When I connect it back to the computer and attempt to jailbreak, it says your iPad is already Jailbroken. If it's jailbroken why is there no cydia icon? I can't get the cydia icon to show up via the search either. Am I screwed? I fear I will need to restore this iPad through iTunes now.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
^
The exact thing happened to me and allow me now to save you grief and about an hour's time googling a fix:

Rejailbreak (even though a popup tells you you're iPad already is...) Let evisi0n do its thing right up to the point you are required to tap the vision app icon on your iDevice- don't.

Instead close the jailbreak and reboot your iDevice.
You will be left with a working cydia!

epphllps

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
West TN
So to sum it up, is this a worthy method to clean up the device and keep the jailbreak and start as clean as you can?

Junior GZOW

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2014
Help me you did this

PLEASE HELP ME :'( IM USE THE ILEXINFO AND FOLLOW THE VIDEO . IM USING IPHONE 5 ios 7.0.2 unlocked set . AFTER I CLICK THE THE RIGHT . I WAIT . AND AFTER IT GO TO THE SPINNING CIRCLE AND APPLE LOGO AND PROGRESS ( I DONT KNOW WHAT IT CALLED ) IT STUCK THERE . AND DO THE SAME THING ALL OVER AGAIN . SPINNING CIRCLE AND CONTINUE AGAIN . HOW CAN I FIX THIS :( PLEASE RESPOND .

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
PLEASE HELP ME :'( IM USE THE ILEXINFO AND FOLLOW THE VIDEO . IM USING IPHONE 5 ios 7.0.2 unlocked set . AFTER I CLICK THE THE RIGHT . I WAIT . AND AFTER IT GO TO THE SPINNING CIRCLE AND APPLE LOGO AND PROGRESS ( I DONT KNOW WHAT IT CALLED ) IT STUCK THERE . AND DO THE SAME THING ALL OVER AGAIN . SPINNING CIRCLE AND CONTINUE AGAIN . HOW CAN I FIX THIS :( PLEASE RESPOND .

Download MobilTerminal and use it (as per the iLEX RAT instructions).

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
I ran iLEX on my iPhone 5s, for whatever reason my phone was then unable to use data at all except on Wifi. My phone showed 3G, but the option for LTE wasn't there. My carrier wouldn't show up at all. Unfortunately I needed to restore complete to 7.1 and lost my jailbreak. I tried installing the IPCC file for my carrier and it wouldn't take.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I ran iLEX on my iPhone 5s, for whatever reason my phone was then unable to use data at all except on Wifi. My phone showed 3G, but the option for LTE wasn't there. My carrier wouldn't show up at all. Unfortunately I needed to restore complete to 7.1 and lost my jailbreak. I tried installing the IPCC file for my carrier and it wouldn't take.

Accessing unlockit.co.nz on your iPhone would have fixed your error for you- no need to have lost your jailbreak.

:(

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
Accessing unlockit.co.nz on your iPhone would have fixed your error for you- no need to have lost your jailbreak.

:(
Are you serious? I looked all over the place to see what I could do and I didn't find one thing. Oh well, you learn something new every day lol. Wish there was a way to downgrade. I already miss my jailbreak.
I did the iLEX RAT on my iPhone 5 and it didn't mess this up, is there something about the 5s that causes this? I could pop in my T-Mobile sim and it would work, but my AT&T one wouldn't budge.

Kelde0Cam

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2015
I installed it correctly and I clicked the left button instead not all my apps on my home screen have gone missing. I can search in the spotlight search but it only finds downloaded apps like minecraft and I movie. I search for settings and nothing comes up. siri pops up for 0.1 second and then just goes away. this has made my ipad a brick please reply and fix!!

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
very simple, use Cydia Impactor. If it doesn't help, restore is the only option left.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I installed it correctly and I clicked the left button instead not all my apps on my home screen have gone missing. I can search in the spotlight search but it only finds downloaded apps like minecraft and I movie. I search for settings and nothing comes up. siri pops up for 0.1 second and then just goes away. this has made my ipad a brick please reply and fix!!

I have lost my jailbreak twice using this.

Use Cydia Impactor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.