Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike_Trivisonno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
I'm sure people will inundate you with mouse recs, but this Logitech is the best mouse I've ever used, by a lot. It's a gaming mouse, but without all the weird gamer aesthetics, and man does it track beautifully. Pretty affordable, too. I'm not a gamer at all, btw.
I have been using the same wired Razer Abyssus mouse for like 6 years...it's getting a bit ratty. The G305 looks nice.

Reactions: ignatius345

Mike_Trivisonno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
I think he meant because it’s a rare item and you could sell it if you don’t want it (maybe I misunderstood his intent).

not a fan of the Magic Mouse? I used to really love my RadTech BT600 (a decade ago, but apparently they still make them, updated sensor now I think though) but after having gestures on a mouse I don’t think I could go back to a non-touch-sensitive mouse.
Ahh. Ok.

I need an ambidextrous mouse or a left-handed mouse. I hate the Magic Mouse almost as much as the Siri Remote. I will check out the BT600. I need my L and R buttons, through/

Stephen.R

Suspended
Nov 2, 2018
Thailand
Ahh. Ok.

I need an ambidextrous mouse or a left-handed mouse. I hate the Magic Mouse almost as much as the Siri Remote. I will check out the BT600. I need my L and R buttons, through/
I'm not trying to claim you don't know what works for you, but can you help me understand why a MM doesn't work for lefties? Of all the mice I've used it seems like one of the least left/right specific, to me at least.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
I never use the trackpad. I am going to get the Apple extended bluetooth keyboard and probably a logitech mouse or whatever the cool kids are using these days.

I use a Logitech wired G910 with my NcMP. I use the G Keys. For the life of me me I don't understand the draw of a bluetooth KB⁉️ I guess, as has been said, I'm either too old or not cool? My mouse is a Logitech MX Master 2S. I use it with the dongle. Not good for lefties?

Lou

Mike_Trivisonno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
I'm not trying to claim you don't know what works for you, but can you help me understand why a MM doesn't work for lefties? Of all the mice I've used it seems like one of the least left/right specific, to me at least.
The Magic Mouse has razor sharp edges that bite into my tender fingers. It's the worst design ever. The RazerAbyssus is smooth, rounded, and tracks well for my needs. Also, the Magic Mouse, at least the last time I used one, has no method of detecting when both L and R button are held down...which is the way one runs around in video games like FFXIV and Warcraft and other games.

Stephen.R

Suspended
Nov 2, 2018
Thailand
The Magic Mouse has razor sharp edges that bite into my tender fingers. It's the worst design ever. The RazerAbyssus is smooth, rounded, and tracks well for my needs. Also, the Magic Mouse, at least the last time I used one, has no method of detecting when both L and R button are held down...which is the way one runs around in video games like FFXIV and Warcraft and other games.
I don't have another mouse to really compare the first point but I take your word for it. The latter I believe is still the case. Good luck with finding something new!

Mike_Trivisonno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
If you deliver for FedEx or know someone who does, tell them they are the best. The elevator was out when my LG monitors arrived and the FedEx guy lugged all 3 monitors up 5 flights of stairs. Wow. I felt bad and gave him a 20 dollar tip and then later felt guilty later because maybe I should have given him more. lol

Thank you FedEx deliver guys!

Mike_Trivisonno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
I don't have another mouse to really compare the first point but I take your word for it. The latter I believe is still the case. Good luck with finding something new!
You know, if you control the Magic Mouse in a certain way, you don't have to contend with the edges, but I wrap my whole hand around the device, and the sharp edges, and low profile make it uncomfortable to use for more than a few minutes. Thanks! Were I not left-handed, I would have a bewildering array of mice to pick from. Being left handed, the choices are more limited.

MvdM

Suspended
Apr 27, 2005

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Oh dear, I very much hope so. I am waiting for this eBay dumping day to finally get one of those babies myself.
It will be the last one with bootcamp, the last one from Sir Ive, and the last “Non-walled-garden” machine with more of a decade of usable shelve life just like the cMP 5.1.
To be honest, I very much doubt that there will be any Apple Silicone Mac Pro in the foreseeable future. Apple will not be able to pull a Xenon class home-brew CPU out of their hat for such laughable, tiny, global, Apple Exclusive quantities for humanly possible price points. Get ready for RED price tags...
We already have RED price tags on these machines.

Reactions: Mike_Trivisonno

Mike_Trivisonno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
Mac has shipped!

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 6.45.46 AM.jpg

RustProof

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2011
I think the Mac Pro is a timeless looking design. I hope they do it in black for the new smaller version coming, and also come in at a lower price point for home use model.

• Love

Mike_Trivisonno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
I use a Logitech wired G910 with my NcMP. I use the G Keys. For the life of me me I don't understand the draw of a bluetooth KB⁉️ I guess, as has been said, I'm either too old or not cool? My mouse is a Logitech MX Master 2S. I use it with the dongle. Not good for lefties?

Lou
I love my Apple Bluetooth keyboard. Throughout the day, I have to move my keyboard out of the way to execute release of liens, sign checks, and other fun stuff. Being able to move the keyboard out of the way is nice. Plus, the cat (RIP) used to always attack the cable.

I think the Mac Pro is a timeless looking design. I hope they do it in black for the new smaller version coming, and also come in at a lower price point for home use model.
I love the new design...and it's functional, too.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
It will be interesting to see how the Mac Pro product family evolves. Its goal of an open architecture supporting PCIe makes an Apple Silicon solution more difficult. There is also the desire to support 3rd party GPUs.
Altogether more complicated. This means the current model will likely be the last to be migrated.

choreo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
Midland, TX
New? It came out in 2019. It's a dinosaur. When the new Mx Mac Pros are announced people will be flocking to eBay to dump this old tech. And it only comes in silver. /s
Mx Mac Pros won't help me... I run mostly Adobe software. I am convinced that even if it comes with an M22 chip, Illustrator and After Effects will bring it to its knees!

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
Ahh. Ok.

Have a look at the Steelseries Sensei 310 - I'm using one on the left (also trackpad on the right for gestures).

edit: and using Steermouse as the driver, because the Steelseries ones were buggy garbage. You need to install them to set the colour / lighting, but then you can remove them.

Mike_Trivisonno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
Have a look at the Steelseries Sensei 310 - I'm using one on the left (also trackpad on the right for gestures).

edit: and using Steermouse as the driver, because the Steelseries ones were buggy garbage. You need to install them to set the colour / lighting, but then you can remove them.
Nice. I will check it out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.