Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Amazon's return/replacement policy is incredibly generous. To be banned, one must really be taking the piss.

MatthewHowell

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
I apologize for committing thread necromancy, yet I thought I would share my experiences as a business owner with regards to firing a customer. Please forgive any typos, as I am dictating this by voice on my smart phone.

I had to fire a customer, last year, because she was abusing the Goodwill I was providing to her. But after I fired her, I didn't hear from her for about two weeks, then I was very surprised to receive a letter from The Better Business Bureau on her behalf complaining about my lousy service. At the advice of my lawyer, I ignored the Better Business Bureau complaint and figured the matter would die there.

for two weeks after the Better Business Bureau complaint window lapsed, I received a Nother complaint letter – this time from the consumer protection department of my states attorney generals office. After carefully reading the letter, in the presence of my attorney, I realized that the customer had completely lied about me in every way– Even trumping up false accusations against me. And my lawyer then crafted a very detailed response to the Attorney General's office explaining my side of the situation. Two weeks after I sent my response to the Attorney General's office, I finally received a letter stating that all investigation into my business had been dropped.

in closing, I would just like to say that even though businesses have a right to fire a customer for legitimate reasons, be very careful because you never know when a customer will force the issue like my former customer did with me.

TruthSometimesHurts

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2015
You spend $25-30k per year on Amazon? Really? What do you buy?

I admit that only a small fraction of my total is for personal use - a large percentage of my purchases are for business while another smaller percentage are for extended family members. (I run a small business so I'm constantly buying supplies such as computers, chairs, lamps, printers, or special equipment for multiple employees. Also, I purchase for other family members/friends. Eg. when my non-tech-savy mother needs a TV, I'll do the research and purchase it for her with her credit card but under my account. This happens a lot.)

But, I have a feeling that my situation is common and there are many people who spend a lot more.

TruthSometimesHurts

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2015
Well, I am not an avid online buyer. I love to touch, to check the item before I buy it.
Taking into account the above mentioned I am also interested what do you buy for $25-30k per year on Amazon?

Answered your question above. At least for me, Amazon has become the source for all physical goods except for food. I think this has become the case for many other people also. It's just so much cheaper than any physical store even if you price in shipping. So, for a business, office equipment constantly has to be replaced or other special type of equipment. For example, one year, I had to buy 15 heaters. Another year, I had to replace a server. Thousands of dollars add up quick.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I won't go into detail, but would have gotten round this one.

ya, a company may have the right to refuse service BUT customers comes first...

One overshadows the other. Nothing like service with a smile huh :D

JEREMY1000

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016
I just got an email from amazon.com telling me that I am no longer welcome to use their site and that my account has been closed with immediate effect. The reason, they say, is that I've had too many problems with shipments. I confess that over the past few years I've returned far too many apple computers than is normal, but most of the time I've first been to Apple who've told me that I can either have it fixed or return it to amazon and recommended the latter.

I've also bought tons and tons of expensive stuff from them over the years without any issue at all, including cameras, lenses, telephones, computers and books.

I'm really really outraged because I also have lots of amazon credit that I got by using my amazon.com credit card AND all my receipts are on my account so that I have no way of proving purchases anymore. I can't even log on!

Needed to vent. I really can't believe that they would penalise me for using their return policy. If they can't handle that people return defective products, they shouldn't have that policy. A lot of stores don't.

Any advice? I don't want to lose my receipts because it'll be hard to get warranty service if I need it. And, of course, I don't want to lose my credit that I have accumulated through my amazon card.

Unbelievable.
[doublepost=1461344505][/doublepost]E-mail Jeff Bezos directly. Explaining the problem. jeff@amazon.com I bet he sorts it... BE VERY POLITE.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Businesses reserve the right to refuse service ... try calling their customer service, there may be more to this than you think.

That may be, but i have my own version that gets around that ... if u wanna set up a re-shipping addresses.

jalvarado260

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2017
San Jose
I just got an email from amazon.com telling me that I am no longer welcome to use their site and that my account has been closed with immediate effect. The reason, they say, is that I've had too many problems with shipments. I confess that over the past few years I've returned far too many apple computers than is normal, but most of the time I've first been to Apple who've told me that I can either have it fixed or return it to amazon and recommended the latter.

I've also bought tons and tons of expensive stuff from them over the years without any issue at all, including cameras, lenses, telephones, computers and books.

I'm really really outraged because I also have lots of amazon credit that I got by using my amazon.com credit card AND all my receipts are on my account so that I have no way of proving purchases anymore. I can't even log on!

Needed to vent. I really can't believe that they would penalise me for using their return policy. If they can't handle that people return defective products, they shouldn't have that policy. A lot of stores don't.

Any advice? I don't want to lose my receipts because it'll be hard to get warranty service if I need it. And, of course, I don't want to lose my credit that I have accumulated through my amazon card.

Unbelievable.

Well this seems rather suspicious. Why did you return all that stuff? Maybe you were doing something you shouldn't have been doing, and they caught up with you. Don't you think?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well this seems rather suspicious. Why did you return all that stuff? Maybe you were doing something you shouldn't have been doing, and they caught up with you. Don't you think?
Not really sure you are going to get much of a reply to something from almost 10 years ago (beyond what's already been discussed probably multiple times over in this fairly long thread).

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Not really sure you are going to get much of a reply to something from almost 10 years ago (beyond what's already been discussed probably multiple times over in this fairly long thread).
Oh give the Macrumors newbie a break. He's paying his dues by going through the entire forum, and should be applauded :D

Reactions: I7guy

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
No, he went through and replied to exactly one thread. I've never understood these.
Ok then he's probably an Amazon employee, reviving this topic as a gentle reminder to everyone to think twice before making a return to Amazon. Ever since I first heard people getting banned due to making returns, I think hard before requesting a return so this word of month strategy to thwart returns is certainly effective.

Reactions: I7guy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.