Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
I have an Epson Workforce 630 and am running Big Sur 11.6.2. The device would not print or scan in an account other than my admin account. I had previously posted a question about this in MacRumors but received no answer despite many views. As it worked in my admin account I didn't bother pursuing the issue any further. But today I am finding that it will print but not scan in the admin account using Image Capture. The error message I get is "Failed to open a connection to the device (-21345)". I'm not sure but this may be the first time I am trying to scan since the last OS update I did.

I called Epson and they said that they provide the "ICA Scanner Driver v5.8.9 for Image Capture." I had downloaded this prior to calling Epson and it didn't fix the problem. Epson said I would have to call Apple about this because by being able to print that means it does have a connection. Searching for a solution was fruitless so I would appreciate if anyone knows what to do. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.