Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandeepsalariya

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2011
New Delhi, India
Same here… after sending the message it shows delivered but 2-3 seconds later it turns to "!" not delivered. Having this problem for the past 3-4 days… use to be flawless before that!

ggt

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
UK
This has just started happening to me too, but also I've noticed the messages sync on iPhone and iPad but they have stopped showing on Mac. I'm not using the Beta

270Win

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013

I had the exact same problem as the original poster in this thread. Thankfully the article at the link above had the one piece of info that I was unable to find anywhere else! When I turned off the iMessages on my iPad my iPhone 5S iMessages started working perfectly again!!

After almost an hour and a half chatting with AT&T earlier they told me that my only option was to restore my phone, but thanks to benboyd5 I no longer have to go through that mess! Woo Hoo!! :D

sorepheet

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2010
East Coast
Lame issue

iMessages was suppose to be this great service to be utilized amongst all my :apple: devices.

According to Apple.com

Had this issue all day. Finally by disabling iMessages on my iPad I'm all set on my iPhone

Kiki12338

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2014
I wanted to let people know or in the future who ever needs help with there phone with imesaages that don't send i went to settings--- general--- reset---- reset network settings. Then it will turn off your phone and boot back up. Then after I went to work becuase it still didn't work and 5 hours later it started working again so not touching you phone and resting it all together might work. Hope that helps.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Thanks for bumping this old thread. I've inherited an old iPad1 and this started happening to me. My iOS7 devices were being weird yesterday too, putting the messages in a thread into random order :/

martin2list

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2014
Dresden
Thanks for bumping this old thread. I've inherited an old iPad1 and this started happening to me. My iOS7 devices were being weird yesterday too, putting the messages in a thread into random order :/

Yesterday that same thing began happening on my 5c too. Its odd, but my MacBook, and iPad are running iMessage fine, only my iPhone makes problems.

Sometimes iMessage says "the message couldn't been delivered" though it actually did. And sometimes I receive Messages an hour later. But its all just on my iphone. The old sign out of iMessage and reboot, that always worked for me, doesn't now :(

I do an Restore with backup and see what will happen..

Corgilocks

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2017
I've recently ran into an annoying problem with iMessage. At first I thought it was just a network problem, but now I'm not sure what it is now.

About 90% of my messages being sent through iMessage are getting a red (!) and saying 'Not Delivered'. But my messages are being delivered. I'm currently have a conversation with someone right now, the other person is receiving all my messages, but I'm still getting the red exclamation point beside every message. Yet sometimes I'll have a conversation with someone, I'll get the red exclamation point and they won't receive my message. So I'll have to click on it and 'Send as a Text Message'.

Is anyone else having this problem?? Any help would be appreciated, its driving me crazy. I use Rogers and live in Toronto.

Thanks!
This happened to me on my iPad. I went on my iPhone (sounds counterintuitive) settings, messages, message forwarding. It listed my devices and then I slid the button to on. Now it works fine on the iPad.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This happened to me on my iPad. I went on my iPhone (sounds counterintuitive) settings, messages, message forwarding. It listed my devices and then I slid the button to on. Now it works fine on the iPad.
It doesn't seem that the issue was iPad or message forwarding related given that it's in relation to iOS 5 from about 5 years ago prior to any of those type of options being available.

00hawke00

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2018
I've recently ran into an annoying problem with iMessage. At first I thought it was just a network problem, but now I'm not sure what it is now.

About 90% of my messages being sent through iMessage are getting a red (!) and saying 'Not Delivered'. But my messages are being delivered. I'm currently have a conversation with someone right now, the other person is receiving all my messages, but I'm still getting the red exclamation point beside every message. Yet sometimes I'll have a conversation with someone, I'll get the red exclamation point and they won't receive my message. So I'll have to click on it and 'Send as a Text Message'.

Is anyone else having this problem?? Any help would be appreciated, its driving me crazy. I use Rogers and live in Toronto.

Thanks!

Still happening in 2018: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, Messages Version 11.0 (5500). "Thanks", Apple!

lkgreenwell

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
I’m getting exactly the same problem - 8 years later! Also my touchscreen goes haywire. Off to the Apple shop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.