Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
In my case, everything is using the same Apple ID, and I can play music via Home Sharing just fine. I can also play the same videos using an iOS 10 device, no problem.

It's only my iPad Pro 10.5" running the iOS 11 PB that's having this issue. I went ahead and submitted feedback to Apple, but was still curious if anyone else had this experience.

It sounds like once you got past the iTunes running issue, your home videos play fine, which is great. That tells me at least that not everyone is unable to play video files via Home Sharing in iOS 11.

I did the usual stuff -- reboot the iPad, reboot the Mac running iTunes, reset all settings on the iPad, etc. Nothing has changed the behavior so far.
I saw a situation where a home router had been configured with two WiFi networks, an administrator and a guest. The issue arose as the two devices were set to two different WiFi networks. I’m using the wrong word, not network.
[doublepost=1504301912][/doublepost]
In my case, everything is using the same Apple ID, and I can play music via Home Sharing just fine. I can also play the same videos using an iOS 10 device, no problem.

It's only my iPad Pro 10.5" running the iOS 11 PB that's having this issue. I went ahead and submitted feedback to Apple, but was still curious if anyone else had this experience.

It sounds like once you got past the iTunes running issue, your home videos play fine, which is great. That tells me at least that not everyone is unable to play video files via Home Sharing in iOS 11.

I did the usual stuff -- reboot the iPad, reboot the Mac running iTunes, reset all settings on the iPad, etc. Nothing has changed the behavior so far.
How are your firewall settings? Do they match on both devices? Parental Control settings the same? Does your router have two networks? Here is a link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203311

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.