Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skynet Cinema

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2021
Currently, Infuse for macOS is limited to 2.0 stereo output.

However, macOS has a bit more flexibility with regard to audio output and we'll be digging into the additional options soon.

Oh that's a pity. I was hoping that at least DTS-HD and True-HD would work. Will Atmos work on MacOS someday?

I actually wanted to install a MacMini with Infuse 7 pro for the cinema, but without HD-multi-channel output, this is a show stopper.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Oh that's a pity. I was hoping that at least DTS-HD and True-HD would work. Will Atmos work on MacOS someday?

I actually wanted to install a MacMini with Infuse 7 pro for the cinema, but without HD-multi-channel output, this is a show stopper.
That was my main reason to get a Mac mini. Guess I’m waiting

Reactions: Skynet Cinema

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO

That was my main reason to get a Mac mini. Guess I’m waiting
It's up on there on our list to dig into, it just didn't make it in time for the 7.0 release in May. :)

Reactions: Skynet Cinema

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Is there a way to find the file which infuse is displaying, like a right click on an movie to see "show in finder"? I have a number of strange entries with various labels, like "Disk 1". When I go to play it I get an error. How can I find which files are failing?

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.58.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.58.35 PM.png

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Is there a way to find the file which infuse is displaying, like a right click on an movie to see "show in finder"? I have a number of strange entries with various labels, like "Disk 1". When I go to play it I get an error. How can I find which files are failing?
Yes, you can use the 'Edit Metadata' option (via right-click) on a particular file to see the filename. The filename is also available at the bottom of the video's detail page.

Note: For some share types (like UPnP/DLNA) Infuse may not have access to the actual filename, and will display whatever the UPnP/DLNA server provides.
Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 3.06.34 PM.png

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Yes, you can use the 'Edit Metadata' option (via right-click) on a particular file to see the filename. The filename is also available at the bottom of the video's detail page.

Thanks, as always for the quick response. The problem is that there is no path given. I searched my entire Mac and I have no file called "Disk 1", although I have a lot of Disk 1 folders. Is there any way to get the path (maybe an enhancement request)?

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.06.24 AM.png

The page with the play button has a different title at the top, but a search for that fails as well.

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.04.10 AM.png

Reactions: lostom

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Thanks, as always for the quick response. The problem is that there is no path given. I searched my entire Mac and I have no file called "Disk 1", although I have a lot of Disk 1 folders. Is there any way to get the path (maybe an enhancement request)?
Is this file on a share that was added using the 'Add Local Folder' option? If so, you should be able to right-click and select the 'Show in Finder' option.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Is this file on a share that was added using the 'Add Local Folder' option? If so, you should be able to right-click and select the 'Show in Finder' option.

Thanks. Wasn't sure so added back as a local folder. Right click does not display "show in finder". Did it twice but no change.

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 3.11.19 PM.png

One other comment. Took a long time to figure out how to delete the original libraries. Couldn't find on Firecore site, nor in the app. Finally found it in the "add files" option which isn't exactly intuitive. Changing name to something like "manage libraries or files" would have saved me a lot of search time.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Thanks. Wasn't sure so added back as a local folder. Right click does not display "show in finder". Did it twice but no change.

View attachment 1806841

One other comment. Took a long time to figure out how to delete the original libraries. Couldn't find on Firecore site, nor in the app. Finally found it in the "add files" option which isn't exactly intuitive. Changing name to something like "manage libraries or files" would have saved me a lot of search time.
Can you check to ensure you're running 7.0.8 (which was released this week)?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Can you check to ensure you're running 7.0.8 (which was released this week)?

Just updated. Shows now. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 9.45.39 PM.png

Reactions: firecore

vs40

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2016
Some feedback on macOS version here:

• It would be nice to have some manual video adjustments(gamma, contrast, brightness, etc) like in VLC/IINA. It is especially actual for HDR files, because auto tone mapping is not always ideal and sometimes need manual adjustment for specific monitor.
• I see PiP function, but I can't find how to keep main window on top. It is not always practical to switch in PiP, sometimes you just need to keep main window on top.
• Is it possible to browse library and settings without stoping/closing video? It should be possible at least to switch audio track and subtitles on the fly.

Reactions: firecore

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Good ideas, thanks! :)

It looks like there are threads for each of these in our suggestions area, so you may consider following and supporting these.

• It would be nice to have some manual video adjustments(gamma, contrast, brightness, etc) like in VLC/IINA. It is especially actual for HDR files, because auto tone mapping is not always ideal and sometimes need manual adjustment for specific monitor.
• I see PiP function, but I can't find how to keep main window on top. It is not always practical to switch in PiP, sometimes you just need to keep main window on top.
• Is it possible to browse library and settings without stoping/closing video? It should be possible at least to switch audio track and subtitles on the fly.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Today we are extremely proud to announce the release of Infuse 7.1, with some great new things.

Metadata powered by TMDb​

Infuse now uses TMDb metadata for both movies and TV shows! TMDb is the leading community-driven metadata database featuring 675K+ movies, 115K+ TV shows, and 2M+ images — all ready and available to beautify your library! TMDb also has an army of passionate contributors who collectively work to make over 300K edits every single week for both new and existing content.

Infuse has relied on TMDb for movies since its inception, and moving to TMDb for TV shows allows Infuse to display higher-quality images, support additional languages, and provide enhanced fetching speed and accuracy. After installing 7.1, existing TV shows in you library will be updated with the new info from TMDb...automatically.

infuse71-tmdb_2x.jpg

Fresh new faces​

There are few things more important when it comes to movies and TV shows than the cast and crew, and now pictures of these talented folks are displayed front and center when viewing video details. Also, character names are now listed below which may make settling late-night trivia challenges a bit easier.

infuse71-cast_2x.jpg

Cast and crew search​

In addition to viewing headshots while browsing, you can view other works by a specific actor, director, writer, etc... by simply tapping on their profile image found on the details page. Infuse's standard search can also be used to search for specific people and display all the movies and TV shows in which they have starred in.

infuse71-search_2x.jpg

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! ?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Today we are excited to announce the release of Infuse 7.2, with a fantastic new addition: Spatial audio.

Spatial audio has arrived!​

Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking brings theater-like sound that surrounds you from the movie or video you're watching, so that it seems as if the sound is coming from all around you. The sound field stays mapped to the device, and the voice stays with the actor or action on screen. Now, in iOS 15, Infuse is able to utilize spatial audio while playing videos when using AirPods Pro or AirPods Max headphones. Learn more about spatial audio

infuse72-spatial_2x.jpg

New quick settings and playback controls​

On iOS, there is a new playback overlay which provides quick access to to switch between audio tracks and subtitles. There are also new gesture controls for skipping forward and back. Want to quickly skip ahead 10s? Simply double-tap the right side of the screen. Want 20s? Then triple-tap. Want to go further? Just add an extra tap for each 10s.

Ready for iOS 15​

Infuse is tuned up and ready for Apple's latest release. We're also working to take advantage of more great new things found in Apple's latest releases. Stay tuned!

infuse72-ios15_2x.jpg

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to drop a reply below, post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter, or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! ?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
As 2021 winds down, we are happy to release Infuse 7.3 with many great additions.

Spatial audio and AirPlay for Mac​

Infuse for Mac gets a huge injection of functionality with the addition of Spatial audio and AirPlay 2 support. Now Mac users can join in and enjoy the best possible sound when listening through other devices like AirPods, HomePods, or Apple TV. Like iOS and Apple TV, spatial audio with dynamic head tracking brings theater-like sound that surrounds you from the movie or video you're watching, so that it seems as if the sound is coming from all around you. The sound field stays mapped to the device, and the voice stays with the actor or action on screen. Learn more about spatial audio

infuse73-airplay_2x.jpg

More Dolby Vision & HDR​

Dolby Vision and HDR come in many flavors, and in this update we've worked hard to support more variants on more devices. This includes adding Dolby Vision (Profile 5) support on Mac, support for Dolby Vision when using Picture-in-Picture (PiP), plus improved handling for a few files that weren't working quite right before. Our goal is that when you push PLAY in Infuse you get a beautiful picture on whatever device you happen to be using.

infuse73-dolby_2x.jpg

Faster Emby/Jellyfin sync​

The Emby and Jellyfin integrations in 7.3 get a huge speed boost! This includes faster scanning and syncing, as well as more reliable updates for things like Playlists, watched statuses, and ratings. This is especially noticeable for those with larger libraries, but should still be helpful for libraries which are more down-to-earth as well. Don't forget to install the new version of the InfuseSync plugin on your Emby/Jellyfin server in order to take advantage of all the new changes.

infuse64-emby-jellyfin_2x.png

Under-the-hood fixes and improvements​

A huge part of this update is focused on internal changes. These aren't always sexy or fun, but they are what makes the Infuse experience what it is. Other changes here include playback improvements, faster browsing, improved handling of some audio formats, enhancements for macOS 12, and many other fixes and improvements to keep everything running smoothly. Check out the full list of what's new if you are curious.

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. ??

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
how did an Alien movie get a 8.4 ranking?
Infuse uses movie ratings from TMDB. These can fluctuate over time, and it looks like Alien currently has a rating of 81% (8.1).

vs40

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2016
Please, add option to pin Infuse on top of other windows.
Not PiP, just simple window on top option, like in most popular players(IINA, VLC, etc.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.