Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.3.4 is now available! ?

Featuring a revamped playback core, improved handling of HDR/Dolby Vision, a new Feature Films section, plus many other improvements and fixes.

https://firecore.com/releases

FLKkbmjUYAI13N6

Reactions: Donfor39

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.3.7 now available! ?

New ultra-optimized streaming cache, improvements for Google Drive, playback fixes, and more!

The new caching method is more resilient to slowdowns on Apple devices (somewhat rare, but they happen), networks which have speeds that fluctuate, cloud services (like Google Drive), plus improvements for folder based-videos. A little something for everyone.

It’s enabled by default, but you’ll want to ensure the ‘Streaming Cache’ option in Infuse > Settings > Playback is set to ‘Auto’.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! ?

FOYxTNuUYAE8uK0

Last edited:

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
I installed the free version of Infuse via App store a few days ago. I didn't even open Infuse and it took over as default player for my vid files? I double-clicked a .mkv file, and Infuse player opened. I didn't grant it any permissions previously. Weird.

Anyway, Finder preview still shows Infuse file type icon for all my .mkv files now (even though Iina has been reset as my default player AND I have deleted Infuse app as well as it's folder in Library/Application Support). How do I get Finder preview to show .mkv files using the Iina .mkv icon? Am I seriously going to need to do a complete wipe and reinstall of macOS? Ugh, hope not.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
How do I get Finder preview to show .mkv files using the Iina .mkv icon?
The easiest way to do this (with or without Infuse installed) is to follow these steps.

1. Right click on an MKV file and select 'Get Info'
  2. Scroll down to the 'Open With' setting, and select the app you want
  3. Once the app is selected, click the 'Change All' button

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
The easiest way to do this (with or without Infuse installed) is to follow these steps.

1. Right click on an MKV file and select 'Get Info'
  2. Scroll down to the 'Open With' setting, and select the app you want
  3. Once the app is selected, click the 'Change All' button
Yep; I have done that, still shows the Infuse Finder preview icon for all .mkv files. I know...weird. I've never encountered this before.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I have Infuse Pro loaded on my Apple TVs and when I watch in my living room and then move to the bedroom, the bedroom does not show the same episode last watched placement as the living room. I thought Infuse was supposed t be able to sync that setting across all your devices or did I misunderstand your website?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I have Infuse Pro loaded on my Apple TVs and when I watch in my living room and then move to the bedroom, the bedroom does not show the same episode last watched placement as the living room. I thought Infuse was supposed t be able to sync that setting across all your devices or did I misunderstand your website?
Infuse can use iCloud to sync watched history and progress between devices.

A bit more info on the process (and requirements) for setting this up can be found here.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Infuse can use iCloud to sync watched history and progress between devices.

A bit more info on the process (and requirements) for setting this up can be found here.

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the Pro version. iCloud Drive is turned on for the same account on all devices. Even after I pick the sync button on the bedroom Apple TV, the last play position for the last episode watched does not happen like it does in the living room.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I am using the Pro version. iCloud Drive is turned on for the same account on all devices. Even after I pick the sync button on the bedroom Apple TV, the last play position for the last episode watched does not happen like it does in the living room.
On the Apple TV, the most common issue is having the 'Default User' set correctly. In some cases, this may be set to a different user, or not set at all.

More info can be found in this guide.

Change the Default User on Apple TV

The default user account is used for services such as media, Game Center, and the iCloud account used for Photos, Shared with You recommendations, Sign in with Apple, One Home Screen, and HomeKit.
  1. Open Settings Settings on Apple TV.
  2. Go to Users and Accounts, select the user listed as Default User, then select Remove User from Apple TV.
  3. In Users and Accounts, select Add Default User, then follow the onscreen instructions to sign in.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
On the Apple TV, the most common issue is having the 'Default User' set correctly. In some cases, this may be set to a different user, or not set at all.

More info can be found in this guide.

Change the Default User on Apple TV

The default user account is used for services such as media, Game Center, and the iCloud account used for Photos, Shared with You recommendations, Sign in with Apple, One Home Screen, and HomeKit.
  1. Open Settings Settings on Apple TV.
  2. Go to Users and Accounts, select the user listed as Default User, then select Remove User from Apple TV.
  3. In Users and Accounts, select Add Default User, then follow the onscreen instructions to sign in.
Your reply to me makes no logical sense given the previous information given to you.

The default user is the same for all Apple TV's. If it weren't, the sync between the two Apple TV's with Infuse wouldn't be happening in regards to updating the list of movies and tv shows.

Do you understand the problem I am having, because all you have done is cut and paste links that don't address there specific sync problem between the two Apple TV's both running Infuse Pro using the same iCloud account and Apple TV user?

The individual movie and tv show titles are syncing between two tvs. It is the last play position for any given movie or show that is not syncing properly in the bedroom.

Last edited:

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Your reply to me makes no logical sense given the previous information given to you.

The default user is the same for all Apple TV's. If it weren't, the sync between the two Apple TV's with Infuse wouldn't be happening in regards to updating the list of movies and tv shows.

Do you understand the problem I am having, because all you have done is cut and paste links that don't address there specific sync problem between the two Apple TV's both running Infuse Pro using the same iCloud account and Apple TV user?

The individual movie and tv show titles are syncing between two tvs. It is the last play position for any given movie or show that is not syncing properly in the bedroom.

@firecore I am having almost the same problem this week or two. Syncing is very broken/delayed. My mac, Apple TV and iPad Pro are in sync at this point (they "caught up" overnight, I guess) but my iPhone and iPad mini refuse to mark as played something I watched on Wednesday.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.4 has arrived and includes a host of great improvements.

One of the key focus areas for this release is organization and browsing functionality in the Library. This includes a number of great quality-of-life improvements that make using Infuse easier and more enjoyable. Read on for more info on what's new.

Customizable collections​

Infuse has long included automatic grouping of sequels into 'Collections' based on info provided by TMDB. Now, in addition to using the automatic grouping, you can create your own collections for even more flexibility. This allows you to group a set of similar movies or TV shows (or a combination of the two). For example, you could create a custom collection to group Marvel Universe titles (Iron Man, Avengers, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., etc...), create one for Looney Tunes shorts, or group your latest spring break videos. It's your world, so the possibilities are endless!

infuse74-collections_2x.jpg

Smarter browsing for TV shows​

TV show browsing is now much improved and seasons are now intuitively grouped together on a single series page. Entering a series page will automatically queue up the next episode to watch, and you can then navigate to other seasons and episodes as you wish.

infuse74-seasons_2x.jpg

Logos for movies and shows​

The details page gets a minor facelift with the addition of movie and TV show logos from TMDB. These will appear on the details page while browsing, to provide a more engaging design for each title's page.

infuse74-logos_2x.jpg

Multi-select for bulk tasks​

Managing files is now easier with the addition of multi-select for many common tasks, including adding files to a playlist or collection, downloads (iOS/macOS), and deletions.

infuse74-select_2x.jpg

Skip to next episode​

Don't let pesky credits get in the way of your multi-season binge. When you get near the end of an episode, a subtle Next Episode button will appear alongside the playback controls. Hitting this will mark the currently playing item as fully watched and whoosh you straight to the next episode.

infuse74-next_2x.jpg

Expanded TV show lists​

The list of recently added shows gets a big limit increase. This list will now display the latest 30 series, which could include hundreds or even thousands of individual episodes.

infuse74-recently-added_2x.jpg

Ready for Jellyfin 10.8​

We've tuned things up to work with Jellyfin's hot new 10.8 release. After installing the new Jellyfin update be sure to grab the latest version of InfuseSync (currently 1.4.2) on your Jellyfin server for the best overall experience.

infuse74-jellyfin_2x.png

Other minor improvements and fixes​

Many other small improvements and fixes are part of this release, so be sure to check out the full list of what's new.

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter, or drop us a note anytime.

Enjoy! 🙂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.