Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
can recommend it only if you have a mp 2.1 or 1.1 with upgraded cpu.
installing mac os yosemite combo update (like 10.10.3 or 10.10.5) replaces the boot.efi and henceforth must be restored after the update to enable boot functionality again (unless one had installed pikeyosefix.pkg prior, then mac osx would boot also normally after an upgrade)

msramalho

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2019

msramalho

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2019
you should adjust the date on your computer in terminal on anything around 2015 like
"date 1111222015"

https://bensmann.no/changing-system-date-from-terminal-os-x-recovery
Never would have imagine that. Thanks.
you should adjust the date on your computer in terminal on anything around 2015 like
"date 1111222015"

https://bensmann.no/changing-system-date-from-terminal-os-x-recovery
Thank you for your time, unfortunately I can't get into the installation.
I used "sudo date -u 1111222015". I only see a black screen with white apple log.

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
you need to set "burn" the file onto an usb stick and then select this one as "startup disk" and from there start the installaton and change the date then in terminal once installer started. good luck with yosemite.

EDIT: i meant you need to clone the file you downloaded onto the usb stick. to do this please do as follows:

open the file with disk utility > from there click on the left pane on the yosemite file and then go to restore tab to restore it to a 8 gb usb stick.
if restore goes well, you have a bootable usb stick that should show up as a startup drive in the system settings . select the usb as startup drive and restart the computer. then the installation should proceed properly, if you set the date then onwards as suggested.

msramalho

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2019
Yes. That is what i did. However if i boot from sfott USB i get stuck on a black screen with white Apple logo.I mean i can´t get to the installation procedure or anything

Last edited:

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
Hmmm, i don't know, i can check image for a test. It could however take a long time to load if you don't have an SSD etc.
Please let me check this for you asap (not using Mac atm regularly).
You also need to consider that for Yosemite to run properly a better Graphics is needed anyway than those provided by Apple for the MP 1.1 or 2.1.

Reactions: msramalho

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
the macbook runs well with lion i suppose ... still a great osx ... one just needs to find a better browser; you could try with waterfox or arctic fox. best of luck, ciao.

MacThesaurus

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2017
Good day,

where can I get SFOTT files? Downloads on author’s site is down. I have both 10.0.0 and 10.5.0 installers, which one is better for that method?

Thanks

aritz

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2020
Hello I'm spanish. sorry for the typos.
I have tried installing os x 10.10. in my Imac late 2006. with macpostfactor 2.0. the first steps go well but I get an error. "adfly url aren´t initialiced. please check your internet connection. and then macpostfactor shuts down. what should i do to fix it? my internet connection is activated normally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.