Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bimmerchop

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
Not working on my touch

I'm having some trouble now. The install is running smoothly until the very end. After I slide to unlock the touch, the installer icon is on my homescreen as it should be. When I go to it though, it says it needs to be updated, so I choose to update it. It updates fine, but when it asks to restart the installer app after the update is complete, I hit OK and my touch freezes up. I've had to restore my touch 4x in a row already and can't get this to work :(

*edit* forgot to mention that during the install, after I tap to install AppSnapp at the very start of the install, it takes me back to my home screen, but after only about 5 seconds, it shows the slide to unlock screen for a brief moment and then the screen goes black right away. Never seems to reboot until I hit the home button which brings me back to the slide to unlock screen.

soifranc

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
Doesn't work on my iPhone

Very strange, my Wi-Fi indicator drops to a single bar everytime i go to jailbreakme.com and boosts back up as soon as i go to another site. I'm not sure if the bandwidth actually differs or not but after entering the URL and being back home, it hangs on home for much longer than what people have been stating.

Restarting doesn't do a thing either. Any suggestions or others having the same problem (my phone's locked so no issues on that end).

Thanks

madofrain

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2006
after install

I had some minor issues after the install..using jailbreak http://www.jailbreakme.com url...

After which SSH was not installed on my ipod touch as default..(you need this to transfer applications or roms for the nes) So to fix I installed 'BSD subsystem' I had to then install 'community sources' and then install 'open ssh'...I then installed 'Ulctl' and afer opening this last app ,right down the bottom of the list the task 'com.openssh.sshd' is there,make sure it's running..if its is;nt click 'load -w'

I was then able to ssh from my mac using the usual i.p method stated in the old wiki jailbreak.

Considering how important SSH is for transfering iphone apps,roms etc..You'd think somone would make a jailbreak that includes SSH in the initial install..
meh

planetbeing

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2007
Considering how important SSH is for transfering iphone apps,roms etc..You'd think somone would make a jailbreak that includes SSH in the initial install..
meh

Hahahaha.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/377126/

Though, in rezn's defense, it wasn't exactly hard to install SSH was it?

(btw, I don't give you the full BSD subsystem, just enough to get SFTP and SCP working, which is all you need to upload and chmod anyway)

madofrain

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2006
Legend

Hahahaha.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/377126/

Though, in rezn's defense, it wasn't exactly hard to install SSH was it?

(btw, I don't give you the full BSD subsystem, just enough to get SFTP and SCP working, which is all you need to upload and chmod anyway)

Legend! Cheers fella, your a hero!
My beef was that I couldn't find SSH..Like, at all..I'm not a physcic and had to email conceited software who told me it was in 'community sources' install
:)
So in future i'll use yours, good work man!

:)

mattydub

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
I had some minor issues after the install..using jailbreak http://www.jailbreakme.com url...

After which SSH was not installed on my ipod touch as default..(you need this to transfer applications or roms for the nes) So to fix I installed 'BSD subsystem' I had to then install 'community sources' and then install 'open ssh'...I then installed 'Ulctl' and afer opening this last app ,right down the bottom of the list the task 'com.openssh.sshd' is there,make sure it's running..if its is;nt click 'load -w'

I was then able to ssh from my mac using the usual i.p method stated in the old wiki jailbreak.

meh

somebody did... check the forums... automatic SSH installer with toggle switch. Executed the same way as appsnapp. Let me know how it works would ya? ;)

EDIT: I see you have already found the other hack... lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.