Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Read the Digitimes article carefully. It is carefully written and 100% credible. Anything speculative is attributed to sources.

"Intel processors will be initially adopted in Apple Computer’s entry-level Macintosh PC lineup, including the Mac Mini, iBook, and iMac series, with a launch in Taiwan slated for June 6 2006, according to sources at Taiwan PC distributors."

> I believe that a "source (or sources) at aTaiwan PC distributor" probably did say this. There is no reason to think that a "Taiwan PC distributor" would know any more than you or I six months in advance, so this sounds like pure speculation.

"Apple Taiwan declined to comment on the report, noting that the launch schedule would be released according to the company’s official statement."

> Yep, sounds just like somethingApple Taiwan would say.

"Apple said earlier that the company would deliver new Macintosh computers using Intel microprocessors by June of next year and transition all of its Macs to using Intel chips by the end of 2007."

> Yep.

"Rumors have circulated that a test version of Apple’s Mac OS X Tiger version 10.4.1 for an Intel-powered Macintosh has been released for limited testing. "

> Is this wrong? I personally don't have the test version so I don't know if it's 10.4.1,

"Apple is expected to unveil its new Macintosh PCs with the ‘Intel Inside’ logo on January 9 of next year, when Macworld 2006 takes place in San Francisco from January 9 to 13, sources at domestic PC makers indicated."

> OK, the logo part is pure speculation, but we all believe the rest of it, right?

"A November 30 Reuters report cited Citigroup analyst Richard Gardner as saying that Apple may launch its first Intel-based PowerBook as early as January."

>Anyone think Richard Gardner did not say this?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Gasu E. said:
"Rumors have circulated that a test version of Apple’s Mac OS X Tiger version 10.4.1 for an Intel-powered Macintosh has been released for limited testing. "

> Is this wrong? I personally don't have the test version so I don't know if it's 10.4.1,
The latest x86 version is 10.4.3, same as the PPC version.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Gasu E. said:

I think Apple has been keeping them simultaneously updated. Which means strictly speaking they can launch any day.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
liketom said:
was'nt that ment to be when good old Billy no mates Gates was ment to be shipping his next Windows OS ??

or even the end of the world maybe ? hold they are both the same :D

nope i'm hoping for a slow release in Jan for intel mac (mac mini)

Well, the original Apple I cost exactly $ 666.66...
:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.