Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009
At some point you just have to ignore threads like these... Resist the temptation to read them :). There is no perfect case... You will be searching forever if you allow yourself to. There will always be a better version in the future :).

Do as I say and not as I do though. Yeas... I just ordered a white one :).

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
At some point you just have to ignore threads like these... Resist the temptation to read them :). There is no perfect case... You will be searching forever if you allow yourself to. There will always be a better version in the future :).

Do as I say and not as I do though. Yeas... I just ordered a white one :).
:D. Hehe. Resist temptation, what is that? For me - I really, really like the Griffin Intellicase and it suits my needs perfectly. I so like it that I puchased in white, pink and red. So really no need for any other cases. But then I see this thread and like the light pink leatherette and the great reviews on this case. This is my last case venture and I'm sticking to it...

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009
Glad you found something you like. It does look nice if not a bit plasticish. The bottom not being fully protected on the griffen intellicase is a deal breaker for what I want though. My kids dropped my ipad 2 on the bottom edge and hit something hard that was sticking up on the floor. It still got slightly dented with a tucano magico case but it would have been much worse if it would have been the griffen case and hit in the same spot. You can't protect them from everything but the griffen just wouldn't work for what I want.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Glad you found something you like. It does look nice if not a bit plasticish. The bottom not being fully protected on the griffen intellicase is a deal breaker for what I want though. My kids dropped my ipad 2 on the bottom edge and hit something hard that was sticking up on the floor. It still got slightly dented with a tucano magico case but it would have been much worse if it would have been the griffen case and hit in the same spot. You can't protect them from everything but the griffen just wouldn't work for what I want.

I had a more protective Yoobao case on my original iPad and it still got damaged in a drop when my granddaughter was playing with it. So I got Apple Care this time and hope I won't have to use it. Also, the grandkids have their own iPad now. Amazingly enough I like the TPU cover and that I can clean fingerprints and or any kind of dirt off both sides. Also, the cover doesn't leave any annoying prints on the screen as my previous case with the microfiber did. To each his own but so far this case works best for my needs.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Chocolate Brown

I just got this case in Chocolate Brown. I love the color and it fits the new iPad really nice. It lies flat when the cover is folded back, and the wake sleep functions properly. The top folds into a stand just like the smart cover. My only complaint is that I wish the angle when it's in stand mode was angled back just a tad more. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-Leat...VS/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1335694291&sr=8-10

My first case was a Casecrown in a deep red. Both cases function well, but I prefer the Invellop.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
How is this case holding up for everybody?

I wish I saw this sooner looks like a nice fit and read it'll work with a full body shield which I have. Im getting tired of my Devicewear plus it pops off at times. I'm not looking to spend a whole lot since knowing Apple in 3-4 months we probably see a new iPad....just about to pull the trigger.

Last edited:

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I used my budy's case before I got my own and I noticed that it sagged and didn't really keep its form in both typing and portrait positions. Again I don't know how much of a beating he put on it so keep that in mind. Other than that it was in perfect shape, no separation at the seams, no peeling etc.

I personlly wouldn't mind getting one, as I would like to have couple cases.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
OMG I was looking for a case exactly like this all along. I got it today and am in love with it. I don't care that it wasn't expensive if this thing lasts 5-6 months at 20 bucks its worth it and id buy another. It fits like a glove (even with a body shield). It protects the corners from a good bump against the wall or object. It closes shut and even while holding in one hand flipping the case around and even upside down it doesn't open. It stays put in a bag. The cover folds back nice and isn't all bumpy and ugly when held against the iPad.

The only complaint I have is that I wish this bad boy was in leather and that I found it sooner. :)

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Wirelessly posted

bobright said:
OMG I was looking for a case exactly like this all along. I got it today and am in love with it. I don't care that it wasn't expensive if this thing lasts 5-6 months at 20 bucks its worth it and id buy another. It fits like a glove (even with a body shield). It protects the corners from a good bump against the wall or object. It closes shut and even while holding in one hand flipping the case around and even upside down it doesn't open. It stays put in a bag. The cover folds back nice and isn't all bumpy and ugly when held against the iPad.

The only complaint I have is that I wish this bad boy was in leather and that I found it sooner. :)

Your not happy with the leatherette? Looked pretty good and close enough to the real thing to me.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted

Your not happy with the leatherette? Looked pretty good and close enough to the real thing to me.
It's not a bad material as far as feel. I just wish it were the real thing.

I guess mine has held up ok but because its just plastic there is small peeling right above the sewing where the outer black material meets the soft inside of the cover. The sewing itself hasn't unraveled so as long it stays together I don't mind the small edge peeled...its just a black type of glue so the edge is smooth.

Is there any cases out there identical to this one that are real leather?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    887.7 KB · Views: 123

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
It's not a bad material as far as feel. I just wish it were the real thing.

I guess mine has held up ok but because its just plastic there is small peeling right above the sewing where the outer black material meets the soft inside of the cover. The sewing itself hasn't unraveled so as long it stays together I don't mind the small edge peeled...its just a black type of glue so the edge is smooth.

Is there any cases out there identical to this one that are real leather?

Ohh I see, personally I haven't seen any just like that in real leather.
I will say this though I've seen some heavily used leather smart covers still in perfect condition so if all else fails you can always get one of those and a back shell or rear clear skin.

Also check out the thread 'Whats the best leather case' and look at post #43 by Giuly, its the all leather Spigen SGP Leinwand case, its pretty close to yours..Hope that helps.

Last edited:

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
Thinking about getting the gray one for my refurb iPad 3.....does the sleep/wake function now work on these? I was going to get just the Apple Smart cover, but think I want to cover the back as well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.