Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
hey all,

seeing as there aren't any cases out for the ipod touch i just ordered an invisible shield from shieldzone.com full body protector for my new touch. anyone order theirs? how long does it take to ship?

thanks,
ipaqman

onionperson654

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Be careful that your screen has no defects before putting on the invisible shield.

Also, try the screen out a bit before putting it on and then after. I think a number of people would be interested in hearing if it diminished the feel of the glass (although one could probably leave that part off, if scratch tests are to be believed).

Personally, I'm going to get a case just so it has some shock protection for the inevitable times it falls, but I might eventually do this as well.

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2005
Why would you want shock protection - there's no moving parts! Unless you're worried about denting it? Me, I tried a case like that for an iPod once, and I resolved that in the future I wouldn't do that again. It protected it, sure, but it also made it much bigger, and totally removed the gorgeous Apple feel of the device. With a Shield you can still see and to an extent feel your device exactly as it was meant to be.

I think I'll cover my whole touch if and when I finally get one, although depending on how scratch proof I feel the front of the device is, I might remove the front piece. However, there's every chance I'll sell the device on in the future, and being able to say with confidence that your Apple device is absolutely 100% free from scratches equates to a significant boost in value on eBay.

jacktiernan

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
Vic, Australia
I think I'll cover my whole touch if and when I finally get one, although depending on how scratch proof I feel the front of the device is, I might remove the front piece.

Me too. Though, no matter what i tell myself, I probably won't ever remove the front panel :rolleyes:

God knows when it will be in australia. Don;t know how to keep it scratch-free til then.....

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
There's a youtube video of some guy using a safety pin and a razor blade on his touch... it didn't scratch.

I think it's pretty robust :p

The back would scratch pretty easily I think though.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
It said it would take a week for mine to ship, but it only took like two days. I found out later when looking at the stuff that it actually shipped from Salt Lake City, as I live just a few miles from there. So it was cool, I got it before my ipod itself.

Auk217

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
Boston, MA
There's a youtube video of some guy using a safety pin and a razor blade on his touch... it didn't scratch.

I think it's pretty robust :p

The back would scratch pretty easily I think though.

I saw an employee in an Apple store take out his own iphone and his keys from his pocket and go nuts on the screen - scratching and banging his keys on the screen. Nothing happened at all. Not the slightest of marks. That screen is definitely up for the wear - I'm sure the touch is as well.

Auk217

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
Boston, MA
I ordered an InvisibleShield too from their website. Choose USPS and it said it would take ~2 weeks. Does anyone know where they ship from?

grazi

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2005
yeah, i ordered a full body shield on the 10th, and i've still never received a shipment notification, just that they received my initial order. my credit card has already been charged, and my touch just came in today. i don't really want to take it anywhere and have the back get scratched up before i get my shield. i emailed them asking what's going on.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
I emailed the invisible shield CEO to ask him if they could make just the back shield available. I don't feel that the front of the itouch is going to get very beat up, just want a protector for the mirror back.

Auk217

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
Boston, MA
yeah, i ordered a full body shield on the 10th, and i've still never received a shipment notification, just that they received my initial order. my credit card has already been charged, and my touch just came in today. i don't really want to take it anywhere and have the back get scratched up before i get my shield. i emailed them asking what's going on.

Grazi - I put the protector screen that came on the front of the ipod touch on the back of mine and it seems to be doing an ok job for the time being. At least it can put your mind somewhat at ease

Auk217

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
Boston, MA
Got It

Hey All -
My invisibleshield came in the mail today. It was shipped USPS. I watched the video on how to put it on, but I'm a little nervous - any tips from those of you that have done it before?

Thanks!

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
Hey All -
My invisibleshield came in the mail today. It was shipped USPS. I watched the video on how to put it on, but I'm a little nervous - any tips from those of you that have done it before?

Thanks!

Don't be afraid to use a lot of the liquid solution that's provided. If it's too dry, then it won't look as good and if you see any bubbles, get them out quickly. They say that most bubbles will disappear over time, but not all of them will.

Dijo John

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
Why would you want shock protection - there's no moving parts! Unless you're worried about denting it? Me, I tried a case like that for an iPod once, and I resolved that in the future I wouldn't do that again. It protected it, sure, but it also made it much bigger, and totally removed the gorgeous Apple feel of the device. With a Shield you can still see and to an extent feel your device exactly as it was meant to be.

Even though it's flash based, mechanical insults could damage (break or crack) the screen. Therefore I feel shock protection against mechanical abuse is a must and a thin film called Invisible Shield won't cut it.

But that's just me.

wumbo6

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
YARRG!! i ordered mine on the 20th and it got shipped today. hopefully it'll get here by friday. then again i chose usps so they do saturday delivery too yea?

Chanabra

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2006
I walked into the mall today.
Bought the iPod Touch InvisibleShield Full-Body,
and had them profesionally install it.

It looks amazing.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
where do u have it professionally installed? are there a list of places that install it or sell it?

thanks,
ipaqman

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.