Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jhingha

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Stil no ApplePay in the Netherlands, no news, no quicktype and my mid 2009 MacBook Pro doesn't support MacOS sierra. :mad::mad:

But iOS 10 runs fantastic on my iPhone 6S.
Bashen mag ergens anders ;)!
Hier zoeken we naar onbekende nieuwe dingetjes.
According to the keynote Apple Pay won't be introduced in the next coming months.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Can anyone confirm if stock keyboard is bilingual like Swiftkey ? I think I heard it in the keynote but not 100% sure .
I would love it if true !

Reactions: Gudi and Tomapple

Richardgm

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
You can 3D Touch on the bottom bar of Control Centre.

IMG_2526.png

IMG_2528.png

IMG_2527.png

IMG_2525.png

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
previous app no longer covers up the carrier/wifi
View attachment 635610

Also, when changing the volume level in media or an app, the annoying pop up with the volume level doesn't appear anymore, covering up your content.
That's a bug I posted with the feedback app months ago. About time.
Taken from the Keynote for interest:

View attachment 635635
CarPlay apps reorderable! Another enhancement request I put in.

Anyone running this on a 6 Plus? How is it?

koifish22

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2014
Pale Blue Dot
- Notification alerts now appear at the top of the screen, like banners, except they don't go away
- Notification centre is now a lighter grey
- Can no longer access widgets from notification centre when you're on the home screen
- Maps now shows the weather of the place you're looking at
- Settings app got a lot of submenus and toggles rearranged
- Clock app is now dark
- New "back" gesture animation
- Opening apps from control centre and camera doesn't unlock your device even when not passcode protected
- Home button to unlock instead of swiping
- Close all tabs in Safari by holding tab view button

Last edited:
Reactions: BvizioN and gewawd

Raidel

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2009
To anyone who has iOS 10 installed, can you please confirm if you delete Apple Music and you get in your car with a headunit that has bluetooth audio....does it auto play music from your other music app (spotify, tidal, pandora...etc)? Mine currently always starts playing some random song on Apple Music even though I don't have a subscription and I have cellular data for apple music turned off.

lmddawson

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
Yes. There are certain cases where I would want this.

little work around, film the video in whatsapp with music still playing then send it back to yourself and save to camera roll
[doublepost=1465862224][/doublepost]-Beats 1 has a little 'live' symbol on the music player when listening

-When picking a song to add to your music, it will ask if you would like to automatically download all new music to your device

GuitarMan0121

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2014
Swipe to unlock is gone.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. It's now "press home to unlock" on 6S.

This is the most annoying change I've ever seen in iOS. The whole point in swipe to unlock is so you don't accidentally unlock your phone with a button press (ie: in your pocket).
Plus pressing the home button twice feels weird and unsatisfying :confused:

Edit/
While I'm ranting, I really don't like the emphasis on "giant circles with tiny text under them" for contacts. I've never added a photo to one and probably never will.
A lot of the OS just looks unbalanced now.

Last edited:

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Actually pretty to unluck makes sense. Pressing the home button to wake the device instantly skipped the lock screen and unlocked the device.

This gives some delay so you can use the widgets and notifications on your lock screen in iOS9. Force you to use the power botton

Im not sure why people think 1-2mm of extra movement is "annoying" other than the complete unwillingness to adapt to change.

Last edited:

GuitarMan0121

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2014
I have an iPhone 5 and usually press the power button + swipe to unlock. Just fighting years of muscle memory, really.
But if you have Touch ID I guess it does make more sense :D

Reactions: rjalda100

Still100

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2011
Actually pretty to unluck makes sense. Pressing the home button to wake the device instantly skipped the lock screen and unlocked the device.

This gives some delay so you can use the widgets and notifications on your lock screen in iOS9. Force you to use the power botton

Im not sure why people think 1-2mm of extra movement is "annoying" other than the complete unwillingness to adapt to change.

Unlock is pretty fast on 6s isn't it. But I would really have liked it if we didn't have to press the home button down, just have your finger touch it to activate the Touch ID so it unlocks the phone. It's not going to accidentally unlock without the correct fingerprint being recognised.

Also of note, raise to wake lock screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.