Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Hi using iOS 10 Beta 1 on my 6 Plus. The battery life on it is terrible. Anyone else?

If you have a solution let me know
Turn on low power mode all the time, lower screen brightness, play less games, take a power bank. Nothing new regarding of battery life improvements.
4hrs of intensive use , battery remain 30%, not too bad.

Scotty_T

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2016
Montgomery, IL
Defiantly noticeable on my se, but it's the first beta it's expected. At least it doesn't heat my phone up like the last 3 ios 9 betas did

My 6S Plus feels like it is on fire when it is plugged into a charger.

Was somewhat stable the first day but battery completely diving as of today. Did my first reboot but don't expect it to hold.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My 6s also gets very hot when charging.

Also, as of today Photos has been killing my battery by adding new albums to Memories. It's drained my battery by 30% in the last 2 hours even though it has been plugged in and charging the whole time.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My phone has "died" multiple times with 40%+ battery left and told me to plug in my phone, only to have it start up a few minutes later still with 40%+ battery remaining.

jpg

macrumors regular
May 15, 2009
My phone has "died" multiple times with 40%+ battery left and told me to plug in my phone, only to have it start up a few minutes later still with 40%+ battery remaining.

Had that happen to me a couple of times during the last winter (on my new 6s), brought it to an apple store and there was something wrong with the battery. They replaced it instantly.

On topic: My iPhone is getting really hot from indexing all those pictures in my library (about 17000, round about 100Gb all in all). Have you looked if yours is still doing that?

ashindnile

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2015
Topics like these are why us programmers generally restrict beta deployment. Heck, I'm not an iOS developer, so haven't installed the beta even though I know what to expect.

Reactions: tonyr6

Tamagotchi

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013
Mine is just like the one I had with 9.3.2 ... First time an Apple beta doesn't give me battery life issues.

Creek0512

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2012
>installs beta
>has issues
>creates thread complaining about issues
>asks for solution

Restore back to iOS 9.3.2 if you can't stand normal beta issues.
You left out the most important step.

>assumes MacRumors can solve the issues rather than Apple's engineers

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
You could have started this thread 6 months ago - there will be several of these for the betas and then the final release. Then there will be this is the worst IOS ever threads. Then why can't I go back to 9, etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: akash.nu

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Hi using iOS 10 Beta 1 on my 6 Plus. The battery life on it is terrible. Anyone else?

If you have a solution let me know

It's a BETA. Expect **** battery life. Don't use it on a daily driver if you need to rely on your phone.

IGI2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
I think anyone who posts a thread complaining about battery life on the first beta of a major new operating system should be banned.
Exactly.

I think it's even Apple's intention to use more energy in the first beta by turning on more detailed system logging.

Reactions: Mcmeowmers
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.