Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
just noticed something today.

open messages and open any current message. click the camera and rotate landscape - the back to vertical - then back to landscape and back again to vertical. the camera capture screen gets bigger each time you go back to vertical. by the 3rd or 4th time - you'll see the camera settings not rotating and the screen is messed up. by the 5th or 6th - you'll have to force quite because the back arrow is gone.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
just noticed something today.

open messages and open any current message. click the camera and rotate landscape - the back to vertical - then back to landscape and back again to vertical. the camera capture screen gets bigger each time you go back to vertical. by the 3rd or 4th time - you'll see the camera settings not rotating and the screen is messed up. by the 5th or 6th - you'll have to force quite because the back arrow is gone.

Doesn’t happen to me! Very odd!

Samuel79

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2017
I don't know if its been posted before but you can reply to any messages by swiping view then the reply box shows not good considering you can do it from a locked iphone

MorphMan

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2013
Tests say otherwise.

Search twitter for "11.4 battery". Something is definitely not right. My 8+ battery is also falling like a rock. People are guessing its related to 5Ghz Wifi but I don't know. The Battery Settings doesn't help - Mine says Maps used 21% battery in 1 minute of use, 8 in the background. I haven't even opened maps in days except to check it wasn't navigating anywhere.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Auto-correct feature is now buried in Settings >>> General >> Accessibility >> Display Accommodations.

Apple's making our finger work harder :)

On the up shot (changing Invert colors to "Smart"" gives u a coo Dark mode look for settings,Messages, and Notes app)

On the down-spiral... Apple pressures user to use Apple Pay, as it you'll keep receiving notifications on screen and Settings "Badge" to "finish setting up."

If i don't wanna use Apple pay, why does Apple annoy you... This is a Microsoft/to Windows 10 feeling.... Even with Apple you can't escape it .....

Reactions: Reverend Benny

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Auto-correct feature is now buried in Settings >>> General >> Accessibility >> Display Accommodations.

Apple's making our finger work harder :)

On the up shot (changing Invert colors to "Smart"" gives u a coo Dark mode look for settings,Messages, and Notes app)

On the down-spiral... Apple pressures user to use Apple Pay, as it you'll keep receiving notifications on screen and Settings "Badge" to "finish setting up."

If i don't wanna use Apple pay, why does Apple annoy you... This is a Microsoft/to Windows 10 feeling.... Even with Apple you can't escape it .....
Do you mean auto-brightness? Seems like it's not really a feature that Apple thinks users should be changing much at all, so it being deeper in settings shouldn't really affect usability essentially from that point of view.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Same here.

U guys tried to disable and then enable iMessage after the update?
[doublepost=1528870437][/doublepost]One bug I noticed with 11.4 is that Spotify isn't working properly.
In Carplay the counter for where u are in the song stops working while playing, it sticks on 0.00. A pause and play resolves it.
Same with my Heos system back home, there it shows as I have played the song but U just started.

Maybe a Spotify bug that needs to be fixed.

Reactions: ipooed

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Do you mean auto-brightness? Seems like it's not really a feature that Apple thinks users should be changing much at all, so it being deeper in settings shouldn't really affect usability essentially from that point of view.

Yes.. auto-brightness... When did Apple think "users should be able to change it" to "no, users don't need do worry"..? Some things like this can "only" be changed now via Control center..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes.. auto-brightness... When did Apple think "users should be able to change it" to "no, users don't need do worry"..? Some things like this can "only" be changed now via Control center..
Brightness can be changed in control center, like before. Auto-brightness is somewhat different.

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2017
Brightness can be changed in control center, like before. Auto-brightness is somewhat different.
Auto brightness seems to ”learn” from how you manually use brightness. Auto brightness has default ways to adjust the brightness but if you manually change brightness (without turning Auto brightness off) then Auto brightness remembers how you prefer the brightness in that particular situation.

I used to have Auto brightness turned off, but changed it half a year ago. At first it wasn’t very good for me, but after some ”learning” I actually wouldn’t wanna be without it—it’s great!

Reactions: jr866gooner

kingdf

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2014
United States
Finally updated my 7+ from 10.3.3 to 11.4 and so far I haven't really noticed a decrease in performance which is a good sign. Haven't tested out the battery life yet but hopefully it hasn't gotten worse.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Auto brightness seems to ”learn” from how you manually use brightness. Auto brightness has default ways to adjust the brightness but if you manually change brightness (without turning Auto brightness off) then Auto brightness remembers how you prefer the brightness in that particular situation.

I used to have Auto brightness turned off, but changed it half a year ago. At first it wasn’t very good for me, but after some ”learning” I actually wouldn’t wanna be without it—it’s great!

Same here! Thought I’d give it a go. I didn’t know it learns. That’s interesting as when I’m in bed I shield my phone under covers slightly and it’s always one notch from minimum brightness. I prefer to have it right down and also enable night shift too. I’ll make a point of changing it and see if it “learns” as you suggest

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Probably a long shot here. Is reception any better on the X with 11.4?

My wife’s reception sucks (AT&T - frequent dropped calls, people fade in and out during calls, late texts and missed calls).

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Same here! Thought I’d give it a go. I didn’t know it learns. That’s interesting as when I’m in bed I shield my phone under covers slightly and it’s always one notch from minimum brightness. I prefer to have it right down and also enable night shift too. I’ll make a point of changing it and see if it “learns” as you suggest
It as once noted there was a procedure to calibrate auto-brightness. You go into a dark room with no lights and let it auto adjust then slide to where you want it in a total dark room. Then go to a bright room and let it auto adjust. Again set it to where you want it for a bright room. It should remember those settings. That was the 'known' process to calibrate/setup auto-brightness and seems to still work.

macrumoursnerd

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2018
Battery performance has significantly dropped on both a 1 y.o. SE and a just recently battery replaced 6.
Both used to hold on to 50-30% at the end of the day (no heavy user apart form some Apple Music + Podcasts).

Now on 11.4 they barely make it though the day. Around 9PM both phones will be nearing 10% or even shutting themselves off. Quite a contrast with the previous stable version. I also noticed two days ago my 6 (the one which battery was recently replaced) already in low power mode dropping percentage points just on stand-by without anything running.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
As reported in the 11.4.1 b2 thread, something is up with iCloud Photos. It destroyed my battery yesterday and seems like it’s on its way to doing so again today (8% gone in under an hour).

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 5D694B56-A5B0-4DE1-99C8-E61955FDF011.jpeg
    5D694B56-A5B0-4DE1-99C8-E61955FDF011.jpeg
    399.6 KB · Views: 255

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
My battery on my 8 plus bought in December seeing major drainage now with this update. Overnight it’s capacity is now 92%... and after a few hours drops to almost 30%.

How convenient with a new phone launch a couple of months away.

And don’t start fanboys on its my usage that’s to blame. I do very light browsing and photos. More planned obsolescence I guess.

ovo6

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2015
Has anyone had this issue where the phone just doesn’t go to auto lock or when is lock u touch the screen and it keeps being on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.