Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Rest finger to open isn’t working as before on my iPad Pro - if you wake using the power button, resting your finger doesn’t also open the device, but brings up the press to open prompt... it does still work if you wake using the home button and keep your finger there to authenticate. Still working as before on my iPhone.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Maybe it's a placebo but my FaceID seems so much better better viewing amgles and quicker on 11.4
I don't know about the speed (MAYBE a bit faster?) but the angles are definitely better. I used to have to get down in front of the phone when it was on the dock (the official Apple dock, from the iPhone 6 days, if that matters) and now it works fine, with no changes to my posture or the dock position. Finally!

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Are you guys generally enjoying 11.4 more than 11.3.1 or less or can’t tell a difference?

Also what devices?

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
So anybody still having the problem (like me) where say your screen is off and you plug in and your screen DOES NOT light up or vibrate and chime letting you know you plugged in? The battery indicator has the lightning bolt and it charges fine but once you are fully charged the usage and standby times don’t reset either. Also I don’t get the low power notifications at 20% and 10%. Sometimes they will pop up later if I open up some notifications from the NC center. Reboot and all is fixed again until sometime goes by then it happens again. It all started once I hit 11.3 and is still happening in 11.4.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
So anybody still having the problem (like me) where say your screen is off and you plug in and your screen DOES NOT light up or vibrate and chime letting you know you plugged in? The battery indicator has the lightning bolt and it charges fine but once you are fully charged the usage and standby times don’t reset either. Also I don’t get the low power notifications at 20% and 10%. Sometimes they will pop up later if I open up some notifications from the NC center. Reboot and all is fixed again until sometime goes by then it happens again. It all started once I hit 11.3 and is still happening in 11.4.

Not seen that.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
I don't know about the speed (MAYBE a bit faster?) but the angles are definitely better. I used to have to get down in front of the phone when it was on the dock (the official Apple dock, from the iPhone 6 days, if that matters) and now it works fine, with no changes to my posture or the dock position. Finally!
Yeah same its like it projects better and a wider angle that's great that software if making it better

krishmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
Does anyone have News added to the widget screen, and if so, does it more often than not say ‘couldn’t load stories’? I have reported it to Apple. Also, the Amazon widget hasn’t worked for me for ages now...that always says ‘unable to load’.

TIA
That never happened to me in the last year or so and I always look at the widget and then click to open the news.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
That never happened to me in the last year or so and I always look at the widget and then click to open the news.

Thanks. Actually I’ve just realised it may have only started happening with 11.4.1 beta. Oh well, I’ve raised it with Apple.

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, same here.

I was pretty unhappy with FaceID for the first few months at least, but in the last month or two it has improved noticeably. There are far fewer fails, it recognizes me and logs in noticeably faster, and it works from greater angles as you say.

And this is just with software tweaks.

Lop1

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
Very happy with 11.4 on my 7 and my IPad Pro 9.7. With 11.3 I had problems to unlock with Touch ID , it was really slow and I had to keep my finger on it longer that expected ( the normal time on iOS 10 )
Now with 11.4 my Touch ID are fast as they were on 10. Great relief as it had really upset me.

jshtroutman

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Glad to here things are working better for you. The only problem I had was the occasional text message being out of order. Haven’t noticed that recurring since the update yet.

comics addict

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2013
Does anyone having problems with Wi-Fi randomly disconnecting across all they're iOS devices after updating to the public release of iOS 11.4? I have been experiencing this issue non-stop since doing so this week. Heck even my Apple TV updated to 11.4 is also having problems. My MacBook Air running 10.13.5 however haven't experience this problem yet.

CrashTestWalrus

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2018
Does anyone having problems with Wi-Fi randomly disconnecting across all they're iOS devices after updating to the public release of iOS 11.4? I have been experiencing this issue non-stop since doing so this week. Heck even my Apple TV updated to 11.4 is also having problems. My MacBook Air running 10.13.5 however haven't experience this problem yet.
I had a problem with that more than once that was related to iCloud Keychain, if you are using that it might be worth looking into. If you look at my posting history there is a very detailed description and resolution to that problem. But more generally, no I haven’t had a problem with iOS 11.4 and Wi-Fi.

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011

Attachments

• 1208A947-1557-4872-B78E-D225E8DDA1EA.jpeg
    1208A947-1557-4872-B78E-D225E8DDA1EA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 309

blairian89

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2016
Texas
Actually, neither have I (with OTA) and it usually takes me about five minutes, as opposed to HOURS. ;)

In the past that would probably be a correct time frame, but I am on Gigabit fiber. I can download the entire IPSW file in about 1 1/2 minutes...

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
In the past that would probably be a correct time frame, but I am on Gigabit fiber. I can download the entire IPSW file in about 1 1/2 minutes...
I've had 100Mbit fiber for years ... downloading the IPSW has never been the bottleneck - it's always taken much longer to actually INSTALL, using that method. But to each his own!

Reactions: blairian89

comics addict

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2013
I had a problem with that more than once that was related to iCloud Keychain, if you are using that it might be worth looking into. If you look at my posting history there is a very detailed description and resolution to that problem. But more generally, no I haven’t had a problem with iOS 11.4 and Wi-Fi.

I wonder if it was a problem with my airport router because since Monday all Wi-Fi issues I was having with my iOS devices is gone. My Mac never exhibited this problem though.

denisbarbov

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2013
The battery life on both my iPad Pro 10.5 and my iPhone X drains significantly faster than before.

Hopefully there’s an update coming soon addressing that.

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed on my setup (iPhone X, iPad Pro and MB Pro) that deleting group messages doesn’t delete the messages on the other units. I have Messages in iCloud turned on for all units. There’s a warning though that the messages will be deleted from all units, but they are not. Anyone else having this problem? Deleting messages with one person, i.e. not a group, works perfectly fine and deletes on all units though.

I have tested deleting group messages from all units, with the same result. So it seems that it’s a general problem.

—-
Update
—-
My group consisted of only none iMessage users, i.e. sms messages (green users).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.