Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Did a quick search and didn't get a hit on this so please don't flail on me if it has already been asked..

Anyone else seeing the sounds on DP1 just sporadically mute? (Notifications and App sounds) Fixable by toggling the mute switch, but still annoying as I sometimes go for a bit while missing incoming notifications.

Also, do we have an issue or bug log in this thread already? If so, could it be pinned to the top?

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
1) annoying? You suffer because you wanted to install a Preview OS
2) It is pinned to the top

Why make a post saying im having issues when you know it’s software not hardware, on a preview?

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
1) annoying? You suffer because you wanted to install a Preview OS
2) It is pinned to the top

Why make a post saying im having issues when you know it’s software not hardware, on a preview?

You are exactly the problem with forums. Just because something is a bug on a pre-release version of software does not make it any less valid nor does it negate the fact that it may be annoying. 9 times out of 10 people make posts in the hope that someone else has seen the issue as well and can offer some insight. (It IS BETA software so the whole idea is for people to make note of the bugs so they can be passed along and remedied.)

If you don't have anything useful to say in a particular post, perhaps you should just push back from the keyboard?

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
You are exactly the problem with forums. Just because something is a bug on a pre-release version of software does not make it any less valid nor does it negate the fact that it may be annoying. 9 times out of 10 people make posts in the hope that someone else has seen the issue as well and can offer some insight. (It IS BETA software so the whole idea is for people to make note of the bugs so they can be passed along and remedied.)

If you don't have anything useful to say in a particular post, perhaps you should just push back from the keyboard?

I completely agree if its a Public Beta, If its a developer preview/beta/alpha whatever it is, its specifically for developers. Once its in Beta stage or public stage its safe to use, bugs like the above will be mitigated or a bigger discussion can be had. Users can report bugs and work together to find solutions to problems. I completely agree on public but don't you think its completely different when its developers?

I have made a thread on a public beta in hope someone can help me out or shed some light, i've been there. I think its stupid to do so on a developer OS when I should not have downloaded it and even if I was a developer, can I moan based on the circumstances of the OS?>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.