Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
That sucks!
Its because its not technically an iCloud device. It doesn't sync with iCloud, merely gets information from the iPhone.

I wish it did, I'm so sick of deleting watch message threads. If its deleted on the phone, it should be deleted from the watch.

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

iOS Brooks

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2016
Dallas, Texas
Its because its not technically an iCloud device. It doesn't sync with iCloud, merely gets information from the iPhone.

I wish it did, I'm so sick of deleting watch message threads. If its deleted on the phone, it should be deleted from the watch.

Exactly how I feel. I scroll through the messages on my watch and they are so old.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

I'd be ok if it mirrored the phone: delete on the phone and its gone from Watch, too.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Wonder why no MacOS? Especially with Messages being the cloud. Kind of important.
Interesting, You gonna have to note this in your notes that "only once has MacOS not dropped with iOS" :) Another Apple out of norm for the year. :confused: I guess Messages will still show up on Mac like always? Just not be in sync until the release?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Interesting, You gonna have to note this in your notes that "only once has MacOS not dropped with iOS" :) Another Apple out of norm for the year. :confused: I guess Messages will still show up on Mac like always? Just not be in sync until the release?
This isn't what I meant when "not dropped with iOS". Only once has there not been a macOS update to go along with an iOS update as in a X.x major point release. macOS usually gets more X.x releases than iOS. So that would only work if there was no 10.13.5 in existence at all. This is just delayed, probably will be released in the next 5 minutes (1PM PDT) or tomorrow.

(The one time was iOS 8.4. There was no additional macOS build as only iTunes needed an update for Apple Music).

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
This isn't what I meant when "not dropped with iOS". Only once has there not been a macOS update to go along with an iOS update as in a X.x major point release. macOS usually gets more X.x releases than iOS. So that would only work if there was no 10.13.5 in existence at all. This is just delayed, probably will be released in the next 5 minutes (1PM PDT) or tomorrow.

(The one time was iOS 8.4. There was no additional macOS build as only iTunes needed an update for Apple Music).
Ah ok. I thought it had never happened before. (I dont use mac so no idea other than what I read) Looks like tomorrow huh? Not seeing anything posted about it yet.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ah ok. I thought it had never happened before. (I dont use mac so no idea other than what I read) Looks like tomorrow huh? Not seeing anything posted about it yet.
Yep, appears to be tomorrow. Lately macOS has been trailing iOS by a day, but I figured with both needing to be out to take advantage of Messages, they would drop together.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
iOS 11 is been fun but iOS 12 will be on our devices in 6 days! Beta 1 can’t be worse than iOS 11, right? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.