Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I'd only wait until 5pm today and update tonight as I don't think it will drop tomorrow ;)
See, knowing how my luck works. As soon as I update, it will drop. Literally how everything always happens for me. I do something I don't want to in hopes something else will happen, then it happens. :confused:

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Holy crap, you are right. It was there last night at 8PM and now its gone. o_O

I wonder if 10.13.5 has been pulled entirely? Is iCloud Messages still present in 10.13.6?

Hard to say since it could be either the support doc was revised to reflect that the latest iOS is supported and that the latest macOS (maybe Apple got crap on that users complain they are already on the latest macOS but no Message to iCloiud feature) isn't supported since no new macOS as yet or it could be pulled.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
See, knowing how my luck works. As soon as I update, it will drop. Literally how everything always happens for me. I do something I don't want to in hopes something else will happen, then it happens. :confused:

And it's a real pain and time suck to downgrade MacOS.

Nikiforidis

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2017
Holy crap, you are right. It was there last night at 8PM and now its gone. o_O

I wonder if 10.13.5 has been pulled entirely? Is iCloud Messages still present in 10.13.6?

Cached version: "Turn off Messages in iCloud. When you turn off Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you can choose to turn off Messages in iCloud for just that device or all of your devices. Any device where Messages in iCloud is still turned on continues to store what you send and receive from that device in iCloud."

updated version: "When you turn off Messages, you can choose to turn off Messages in iCloud for just that device or all of your devices. Any device where Messages in iCloud is still turned on continues to store what you send and receive from that device in iCloud."

not good :confused:

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
10.13.5 is probably not coming this week. we should have gotten it by now :mad:

still strange that 10.13.6 beta is out before the public release of 10.13.5

Nikiforidis

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2017
macOS 10.13.5 is out
Finally, I just saw it at the homepage!

edit: 2.12 GB for me, I am wondering why macOS updates that include small features are so huge in size, I know they also include small bug fixes and security improvements but such a huge file for those 2 and iCloud messages?

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Finally, I just saw it at the homepage!

edit: 2.12 GB for me, I am wondering why macOS updates that include small features are so huge in size, I know they also include small bug fixes and security improvements but such a huge file for those 2 and iCloud messages?
Were you on the beta? You always get the full build when you hop from beta to main. Same with iOS (I had 2GB+ going from b6 to 11.4, my parents had around 200MB).

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Will I need a new beta profile or will the 11.4 one work for iOS 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.