Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Battery Life after upgrading to iOS 12.2

• Total voters

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
iphone 6S+: Battery condition 100%, changed on xmas. Absolutely terrible battery life after the latest ios update... 25-30% on the night... no apps using battery on the background, just draining... needs to be plugged daily :/

The battery app gave me also a solution to lower the screen brightness to save the battery... however, the brightness is almost set on the min level :D

Happens also with my air2: if it is unused couple of days after the full charge and the battery is empty when im going to use it.

When using ipp 2nd gen, it is the same... feels like it needs to be plugged all the time. Draining pretty fast.

Last edited:

TheMelodyman

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2017
Noticed a huge drain on both SE's here at home after updating both to 12.2. It drains crazy fast with no apps open and just on idle. These kinds of things really can screw up your day and its just baffling how Apple can continue to release updates that then need an update to fix the crappy update they should not have updated until they updated the updates to make sure they didnt have any problems that would need another update to fix.. Is that about right?

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Noticed a huge drain on both SE's here at home after updating both to 12.2. It drains crazy fast with no apps open and just on idle. These kinds of things really can screw up your day and its just baffling how Apple can continue to release updates that then need an update to fix the crappy update they should not have updated until they updated the updates to make sure they didnt have any problems that would need another update to fix.. Is that about right?

12.3 beta 1 and 2 both beat 12.2 when it comes to performance and battery life. I got sick of it and updated to the beta. Battery life is back to where it was. Affected both my iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone X.

TheMelodyman

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2017
and what does battery under settings show as to what is using battery?

It says iPhone using 78%.... Big Help.. It has improved in the last few days, but it still drains faster and takes longer to charge back to 100%. Something isnt right with this release, for my 2 SE's anyway..

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
3rd gen 12.9 running 12.2. I follow MR but actually came across this thread while search for battery issues after 12.2. My battery life is notably different. It’s not “bad” but I’m definitely seeing a difference. I’m sure Apple will correct it in the next update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.