Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Coming from 12.1.4 on a 7+ battery life is on par. However wifi issues are new, sporadically I loose wifi it shows it is still connected but nothing will load. If I turn off wifi everything loads via mobile network. It happens for about 2-5 minutes multiple times throughout the day.

Reactions: sauria and wmdunn

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
Just curious, what don’t you like about it? I really like the For You section in it’s new format.

I'm getting a lot of singles and EP's now, where as before I would get a good balance of albums and playlist. Half of a genre I had were singles and two of them were of the same thing.

Reactions: To_Batistone

s22k

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2019
12.3Update second Day.
My iPhone XS is scrolling lag problems occur.
But, turning on accessibility zoom will eliminate the problem.
Why is that?

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
But my battery life is still worse, iP 6s Battery Health 100%

I did three things. The net effect was a 30-40% increase in battery life.

1. DFU restore and installed all apps from scratch. To iOS 12.2.

2. Next day installed iOS 12.3. OTA. For the first 24 hours battery was crap.

3. Changed from an Airtel sim to Jio.

Reactions: axari

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I did three things. The net effect was a 30-40% increase in battery life.

1. DFU restore and installed all apps from scratch. To iOS 12.2.

2. Next day installed iOS 12.3. OTA. For the first 24 hours battery was crap.

3. Changed from an Airtel sim to Jio.

Point 3 will not have an impact unless you were experiencing poor signal with Airtel.

RPB65

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2017
Just had the settings screen lock up completely. Not just a few seconds freeze, a full lock up so had to close settings

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
I noticed worse battery life and then saw this in the battery settings. After that I noticed Pandora was running in the background, which is odd since I never ran it. I killed the app though.

1ab4f176a0fd74d1a69d22b9d42e1919.jpg

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
I’m seeing a new bug in 12.3. In Messages the Photos picker frequently doesn’t work, especially when trying to attach photos from My Photostream. iCloud Photos is turned off.

Anyone else having this bug?

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
It does. I have measured via Coconut and iMazing. The difference is huge. I measured in real time. Even when wifi is on.

Like I said, given signal decibel level to be constant, there shouldn't be any difference in battery life whichever carrier you use.

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
Anyone have issue with FaceTime stuck on connecting when AdGuard is enabled, if I have dns enabled it stuck on connecting and with dns off it is fine.
Didn’t have issue on 12.2.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Couple of new items ....

Iphone 8+ 12.3 and AW4 (Nike GPS) 5.2.1

The AW battery is eating at about 2x normal. Usually charge every other day. Eating 60%+ in one day now. Seeing if something was turned on with this latest update.

On the 8+ I am seeing new behavior in Safari - a number of sites that auto-logged me in are now asking for a full relogin, some even when selected from the task manager (I was in these earlier in the day). This appears to coincide with the site doing a full data reload/refresh when I access it after having been in earlier. Strange.

Battery on the 8+ seems the same or close. Still a bit early to confirm.

Reactions: To_Batistone

mofoliar

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Nevada
I’m seeing a new bug in 12.3. In Messages the Photos picker frequently doesn’t work, especially when trying to attach photos from My Photostream. iCloud Photos is turned off.

Anyone else having this bug?

Yes,i was trying to take a picture while in a text and it was glitching ,so i tried just the camera app i got the same results! Reboot the phone and problem was gone!
1st time i have seen since being on 12.3!

To_Batistone

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
My iPad Air 2 feels waaaay better than iOS 12.2. This is like crazy fast, LEGIT. The most noticeable difference is on scrolling through Safari or Twitter/facebook. There’s NO lags, where there used to be a few before. I’m blown away!
[doublepost=1557973165][/doublepost]It’s battery, on the other hand, it’s not that good... al right, it’s pretty bad.
I should say, though, that my iPad has 2 and a half years, so it’s not the OS’ entire fault.

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
Battery is just as horrible as 12.2 for me, which is a real shame. Getting really tired of updates focused on emoji and other crap and not performance. You can’t justify iOS 12 being a great performer just because 11 was just that bad.

Reactions: ipooed

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Battery is just as horrible as 12.2 for me, which is a real shame. Getting really tired of updates focused on emoji and other crap and not performance. You can’t justify iOS 12 being a great performer just because 11 was just that bad.

Now it is back to horrible for me too. I guess spoke too soon.

The only difference in watt hours is the difference in sim. But regardless, with whatever sim, the battery is not close to iOS 11 or even early iOS 12 levels.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Couple of new items ....

Iphone 8+ 12.3 and AW4 (Nike GPS) 5.2.1

The AW battery is eating at about 2x normal. Usually charge every other day. Eating 60%+ in one day now. Seeing if something was turned on with this latest update.

On the 8+ I am seeing new behavior in Safari - a number of sites that auto-logged me in are now asking for a full relogin, some even when selected from the task manager (I was in these earlier in the day). This appears to coincide with the site doing a full data reload/refresh when I access it after having been in earlier. Strange.

Battery on the 8+ seems the same or close. Still a bit early to confirm.

This is an update to the Safari login issue. Had this happen in my IPP too.
This happened a couple more times last evening (CVS, SOL, Disqus). Instead of logging in again, I went to History and reloaded the last page I was in. Worked like a charm. Took me to the page I was at previously and I was logged in. I did not have to relogin to the site.

No idea what is going on with this. o_O

axari

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Now it is back to horrible for me too. I guess spoke too soon.

The only difference in watt hours is the difference in sim. But regardless, with whatever sim, the battery is not close to iOS 11 or even early iOS 12 levels.

I already downgrade to 12.2 ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.