Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

calibru_2good_4u

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2016
It's seemingly the full release, so is it possible it is now indexing for a day or so behind the scenes and will speed up later?

I hopa so.. it is very slow . After i installed this beta it was feeling so quick and fast , but after 1 day is so freaking slow ..

mofoliar

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Nevada
just installing B7 now,B6 was good to me.. I have noticed i will still get no auto connect for my home wifi have to go in an select my wifi and connects right away,any thoughts?

JMacIV

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2016
Atlanta
just installing B7 now,B6 was good to me.. I have noticed i will still get no auto connect for my home wifi have to go in an select my wifi and connects right away,any thoughts?
You probably have already checked this, but after connecting, select the "i" beside your network and make sure "Auto-Join" is enabled. If it is already enabled, I would submit feedback through the app.

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016

I would also reset network settings or try forgetting the wifi network as well.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Wonder how long I'm going to have to report the Settings app lockups. I haven't been watching the iOS 13 threads lately. Maybe they've done something about it over there...

mofoliar

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Nevada
You probably have already checked this, but after connecting, select the "i" beside your network and make sure "Auto-Join" is enabled. If it is already enabled, I would submit feedback through the app.
Cool, i will double check again!
[doublepost=1563484056][/doublepost]
I would also reset network settings or try forgetting the wifi network as well.
I have done that forget and reset network settings!

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Wonder how long I'm going to have to report the Settings app lockups. I haven't been watching the iOS 13 threads lately. Maybe they've done something about it over there...

I haven't experienced Setup lockup once on iOS 13 so they may never fix it in 12...

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I haven't experienced Setup lockup once on iOS 13 so they may never fix it in 12...
Lame. I’m planning on keeping my XS on the final version of 12 until 13 has some time to mature.

Oh well. If that’s the only issue I have to deal with I’ll be okay with it.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I have a few issues on iOS 12.3.1 and I don’t want to install iOS 13 on my daily device. When I’m reading the posts here iOS 12.4 is safe and good enough to use?

JMacIV

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2016
Atlanta
I have a few issues on iOS 12.3.1 and I don’t want to install iOS 13 on my daily device. When I’m reading the posts here iOS 12.4 is safe and good enough to use?
I just went from 12.4 beta 7 to 13 beta yesterday on my XS (daily). Beta 7 was feeling very polished. I would not be surprised if that turns out to be the release version.

All that being said, 13 beta has been a pleasant surprise so far :) (I had been running it on my iPad for a few weeks, so didn’t blindly upgrade my daily device ha)

Reactions: Blue Hawk

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I just went from 12.4 beta 7 to 13 beta yesterday on my XS (daily). Beta 7 was feeling very polished. I would not be surprised if that turns out to be the release version.

All that being said, 13 beta has been a pleasant surprise so far :) (I had been running it on my iPad for a few weeks, so didn’t blindly upgrade my daily device ha)
It’s a bit early for me to use iOS 13 on my daily device. Not every app can work, especially the banking apps. Ive downloaded the 12.4 Beta now. It feels good. I hope the bugs from before are gone. I had WiFi issues on 12.3.1 and the earlier versions (when it’s connected to 2,4 GHz, it didn’t switch back to 5 GHz. Other devices didn’t have the problem. Keyboard was freezing very often and my AirPods are just a mess. Connecting them to iPhone and iPad is a hard work. XS Max here.

JMacIV

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2016
Atlanta
It’s a bit early for me to use iOS 13 on my daily device. Not every app can work, especially the banking apps. Ive downloaded the 12.4 Beta now. It feels good. I hope the bugs from before are gone. I had WiFi issues on 12.3.1 and the earlier versions (when it’s connected to 2,4 GHz, it didn’t switch back to 5 GHz. Other devices didn’t have the problem. Keyboard was freezing very often and my AirPods are just a mess. Connecting them to iPhone and iPad is a hard work. XS Max here.
Your post just made me check my banking apps... ha. All of mine are working - Ally, Northwestern Mutual, Chase, AMEX, Capital One, USAA, QuickBooks Online, Mint.

My XS on beta 7 seemed to prefer my 5GHz network pretty well. And on 13 :) but I do recall having issues earlier in the beta process. Very thankful that the majority of the modem issues on the latest devices were resolved awhile ago.

AirPods have been solid throughout most of 12.4 betas IIRC. However, I have had the full volume bug on 13 twice in last 24 hours. Very unpleasant regression, which reminds me, need to report that one.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Your post just made me check my banking apps... ha. All of mine are working - Ally, Northwestern Mutual, Chase, AMEX, Capital One, USAA, QuickBooks Online, Mint.

My XS on beta 7 seemed to prefer my 5GHz network pretty well. And on 13 :) but I do recall having issues earlier in the beta process. Very thankful that the majority of the modem issues on the latest devices were resolved awhile ago.

AirPods have been solid throughout most of 12.4 betas IIRC. However, I have had the full volume bug on 13 twice in last 24 hours. Very unpleasant regression, which reminds me, need to report that one.
It’s always annoying with the AirPods. When I want to connect them, it says connected in the Bluetooth settings, but when I’m starting music, i cannot hear anything from them. „Connected“ changes into „Not connected“. And I always get the message, that they couldn’t get connected. I’ve resetted them a few times but didn’t work. I have this issue on my iPad and iPhone

JMacIV

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2016
Atlanta
It’s always annoying with the AirPods. When I want to connect them, it says connected in the Bluetooth settings, but when I’m starting music, i cannot hear anything from them. „Connected“ changes into „Not connected“. And I always get the message, that they couldn’t get connected. I’ve resetted them a few times but didn’t work. I have this issue on my iPad and iPhone
If prevalent on both the iPhone and iPad, wondering if something is wrong with the actual pods themselves. Hate that it isn’t working for you, their ease of use is best part about them!

i did have some connection issues on one of the betas, but 7 seemed to be good as I recall. This was with AirPods 2, great upgrade if you haven’t done it yet.

MarkSta69

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2017
Weekly Report Summary

Is anyone getting the weekly report summary notification for usage time consistently on iPhone XS Max?

I get it consistently on my iPad Pro 11 every Sunday between 9-930am but I very rarely get it on my iPhone. I don’t recall the last version of IOS where it worked consistently.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
So how is battery life for y’all so far????
I've actually seen a regression in battery life from beta 6, to the extent that I've had to plug in more than once on a couple of days to make it to bed time. My routine on these days consisted of streaming Pandora, taking loads of photos, texting via Messages and light browsing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.