Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
You're correct. The only error is what you called it. It's semi-untethered.

Oops. Think it was just TOO early in the morning. LOL

I also ended up unjailbreaking my iPad air 2 and restore back to stock iOS 12.4 for now.

I had random reboot almost every time my iPad was on the charger and yesterday it took a hard reset to boot it again, so I decided it was enough. Plus, memory management was terrible. Apps reloaded way too frequently at a point it just wasn't productive anymore. I just had a couple of tweaks like noctis12, deluminator, boxy 3 and mikoto.

I'll see later if I'll rejailbreak or not.

Wow, the jailbreaks of late appear to be a MAJOR PITA. Gone are the days to just set it and forget it. :(

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Wow, the jailbreaks of late appear to be a MAJOR PITA. Gone are the days to just set it and forget it. :(
Apple introduced a security feature that has not been defeated yet around iOS 9.2. This feature can be worked around and the phone can be jailbroken, but only AFTER it's booted.

Otherwise there is a KP and the phone won't boot. I think that is the jist of what I've read.

Unfortunately, the dev community has declined since iOS 8. That's based on various reasons (exploit bounty, harrassment of devs by users, dev apathy, etc). There has been a brain drain.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
rootFS
you toggle it on doesn’t matter on other toggles.
click jailbreak and it will use the snapshot when it was jailbroken to return to non jailbroken mode.

when I use rootFS I was even allowed to use my bank apps etc that don’t run on jailbroken devices.

once unjailbroken connect to iTunes and update to 12.4 then re jailbreak

Thank you for encouraging me to go the most efficient route instead of the laziest! It didn’t take long at all I was super easy. A honestly, I feel like my device is running faster than when jailbroken on 12.1.2 even though I have almost all the same stuff installed. I used to get random respiring all the for not reason at all and it hasn’t happened since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.