Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
has been buggy for me. IPX. had a few resprings and now when I reboot the phone takes a very long time. Also when I plug it into my car and car play pops up it works. But have had a few random resprings when plugged in. Also the resprings are rough. they take a long time to reboot and almost feels like the phone is bricked. I am happy that almost all my goto apps work and haven't had too many issues with that.

mkrizan4

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2016
Can’t really tell if it’s beta or finished product.. working really good on my X! Hope it stays the same til september. Haven’t had 1 crash or a respring.. enjoying it really.. I’m stunned.
[doublepost=1528214164][/doublepost]Maybe it’s a bit disturbing that they’ve enlraged the text size when you pull down the control center..

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Looks like it’s off to a really good start, maybe by public beta time it’ll be ok to put on my X. Most of the stuff I’m excited about is more iPhone related, not sure if it’s worth it to take the plunge now on my iPad Pro just for the new gestures...

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Also having issues with voicemail. Shows the notification but can’t listen to them

Eirik2306

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2011
check your date and time settings as I had this issue last night
[doublepost=1528213467][/doublepost]

check your date and time settings, I had this issue last night

its all automatic, GMT+1.. still problems with App Store...

j62lee

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2004
I can get over bugs that are on the release notes with a beta. What gets me about the beta process is the small stuff. For example, characters that are not aligned properly, keyboards that get stuck, and apps I use everyday that crash. It’s a process and the fact that 12 isn’t a major upgrade (IMO), I’ll probably use it as a DD after the last beta is released. That’s usually a month before their keynote in September.
Hrmmm... all that sounds like iOS 11...

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
For those using it on iPhone X, is it improved over 11.4 at all? Is it actually smoother and faster as I’ve heard people say for older devices, or is it not that noticeable on the X?

lip3281

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
For those using it on iPhone X, is it improved over 11.4 at all? Is it actually smoother and faster as I’ve heard people say for older devices, or is it not that noticeable on the X?
Significantly faster, even if it’s just the animations

Reactions: JerTheGeek

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
This beta is stable because iOS 12 is essentially iOS 11 with minor tweaks.

It could easily be iOS 11.5. The beta is stable enough for daily driver, but I'll still wait to install it on my phone until beta 2 or 3, just to be sure. I need my phone to be 100% reliable. But no problems so far on both my iPad air 2 and 2015 12.9 pro.

SqB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Northern Colorado
At about the 24 hour mark with my 6S now. Seeing some pretty poor battery life and the phone ran pretty warm today. I assume there must be lots of diags/debug running. With all that going on, the phone has been pretty stable so looking forward to major improvements as we cycle through the betas.

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
It's a beta. This is a strange beta: iOS 12 feels MUCH faster and more stable than all of iOS 11 has been for me. I upgraded without starting over.. and have had zero issues.

Quite bizarre. iOS 12 is set to go down in history as the most stable mobile OS ever released, it seems.

PS - the watchOS has been pulled, there have been problems. The macOS broke so much for me, I had to start fresh (which I was prepared for). I can't get tvOS to actually take.. I've got the profile installed, and the system finds nothing. Oh well..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.