Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nick_iphone7

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
I'm sorry I updated to 13.3. Even though it is in lowe power mode, my battery drops fast. Yes I was with 13.1.3 and it wasn't like that at all. Someone with a 13.3.1 beta to say how the battery is. Why they always have to screw up with every update, can't everything work perfectly, Apple ... I'm sorry a lot for upgrade.........

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hey OP, which device are you suffering this battery drain on? An iPhone 7?

I have an iPad Pro 11” on 13.1.3, and I’m thinking about updating it to 13.3 but I haven’t done it yet. Is there anyone who has had no major issues or is happier with 13.3? Just to compare opinions.

conundrumz

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2008
Arizona
Not only is my iPhone XR battery draining faster after the 13.3 update but it takes noticeably longer to charge up to 100%. I don't use Low Power Mode. Never have.

Gunplay

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015
Not only is my iPhone XR battery draining faster after the 13.3 update but it takes noticeably longer to charge up to 100%. I don't use Low Power Mode. Never have.

Same here with an XS, takes forever to charge and drains fast. My battery health is 100%.

conundrumz

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2008
Arizona
Same here with an XS, takes forever to charge and drains fast. My battery health is 100%.

Nothing to add. Not playing games. Just checking emails/messages and reading ebooks. Have not changed use patterns since update. It has to be 13.3 in some form or fashion.

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I have XR with iOS 13.3. I have always used low power mode. The battery on 13.3 is actually better than when it was on 13.1 or 13.2.

Reactions: Populus and max2

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
I have noticeably better battery life in 13.3 than I did in any of the previous versions of iOS13. iPhone XS, never use low power mode. I've had no issues with 13.3 and am perfectly happy with it.

Reactions: Populus

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I'm sorry I updated to 13.3. Even though it is in lowe power mode, my battery drops fast. Yes I was with 13.1.3 and it wasn't like that at all. Someone with a 13.3.1 beta to say how the battery is. Why they always have to screw up with every update, can't everything work perfectly, Apple ... I'm sorry a lot for upgrade.........

Could you not with the ALL CAPS THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!!! Nonsense? This is part of the reason this forum is a ****-show as of late. The world isn't ending because of a software update.

The battery on my phone, and all my test devices at work are perfectly fine on 13.3.

nick_iphone7

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Could you not with the ALL CAPS THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!!! Nonsense? This is part of the reason this forum is a ****-show as of late. The world isn't ending because of a software update.

The battery on my phone, and all my test devices at work are perfectly fine on 13.3.
I can write whatever I want, sir. I was angry because this version of iOS is full of problems. Happy Holidays ❄️

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
I have XR with iOS 13.3. I have always used low power mode. The battery on 13.3 is actually better than when it was on 13.1 or 13.2.
Same here, battery life is a bit better on iOS 13.3 on my XR.
[automerge]1577375363[/automerge]
Kinda puts the battery drain into perspective, doesn't it?
[automerge]1577375685[/automerge]
I can write whatever I want, sir. I was angry because this version of iOS is full of problems. Happy Holidays ❄
Anger does not equate to a license for gross exaggeration.. calm yourself down before posting in a public place. I have been on iPhones since 2012 and I currently have 2 iPhones XR, both on iOS 13.3, and the only issue I'm seeing now is with the Mail.app. And even that issue can be temporarily resolved with a refresh of the app UI.

You still haven't answered @CTHarrryH :
What does the battery in settings show - which apps are causing the problem or background system stuff
Perhaps this information would allow others to help you.

Last edited:

nick_iphone7

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Same here, battery life is a bit better on iOS 13.3 on my XR.
[automerge]1577375363[/automerge]

Kinda puts the battery drain into perspective, doesn't it?
[automerge]1577375685[/automerge]

Anger does not equate to a license for gross exaggeration.. calm yourself down before posting in a public place. I have been on iPhones since 2012 and I currently have 2 iPhones XR, both on iOS 13.3, and the only issue I'm seeing now is with the Mail.app. And even that issue can be temporarily resolved with a refresh of the app UI.

You still haven't answered @CTHarrryH :

Perhaps this information would allow others to help you.
And I'm telling you I see a difference from 13.1.3 and the current version, my battery is dropping faster than before, I just want like any normal user when I pay for something and use it to work properly and not to treat myself with all update what a problem i will get on the phone.
[automerge]1577380686[/automerge]

And I'm telling you I see a difference from 13.1.3 and the current version, my battery is dropping faster than before, I just want like any normal user when I pay for something and use it to work properly and not to treat myself with all update what a problem i will get on the phone.

Reactions: bvz

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Have you tried resetting your iPhone after the update?
Sometimes a hard reset seems to fix some of the residual bugs after the update

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
My battery life has been markedly worse on 13.3 than it was on iOS 12. I didn’t update until 13.3, so I can’t compare to previous iOS 13 versions. I get the 20% warning by mid afternoon, whereas I could normally make it a full day on one charge. No specific app seems to be the culprit. It’s a different one leading every time under battery usage. I’m using a XS.

newbe175

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2017
I have an iPhone 7 (daughter's - heavy user) on iOS 13.3. No issues at all (no app issues or lag of any kind). In fact, the battery has been great. This phone got a new battery in Oct at the Apple Store. BTW, if you have AppleCare, you get one free battery replacement.

As an update to another post I made...

iPhone SE on iOS 13.3:
-Battery life: Awesome. 8 days 4 hrs on a single charge. To clarify, it does not have service. This is just standby with occasional BT use to an external speaker. Still...Quite impressive.

iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 13.3 (my daily phone):
-Excellent battery life on 13.3! Last charge on Sunday at 21:27 PST (USA). Still at 23% as I type this. I don't think that any of my previous iPhones have ever lasted this long. My old iPhone 6 would sometimes go 72 standby hours for the first couple of years. This will be a record for me. And for the record... I have not plugged it into even for a moment (that would ruin the experiment). And obviously, I'm not a heavy user.
-No issues with lag or apps.

iPad Mini 4 (2015 model)
-No issues with iOS 13.3. Which is quite surprising!...

iPad 6 (2018 model) -- Company iPad
-Just updated last night to 13.3. So far, no issues.

iPad Pro 10.5 (daughter's - heavy user)
- No issues. Battery as good as iOS 12.

iPad 5 (2017 model) - Still on 13.1.1. Will update today.

Reactions: Aspasia

steelhauler34

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2019
I don’t know why people are so quick to jump on every update right away. I am a new iPhone user but I can remember numerous times android updates making the phone actually work worse. Let others be the guinea pigs. Wait until you read the feedback.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
I’m on the 13.3.1 beta, and it seems fine to me for an iPhone 7. Although my battery is at 100% capacity. Same goes for my 6th gen. iPad on 13.3.1 beta 1.

I also have to say 13.3.1 improved over 13.3. It’s, yet again, funny how 13.3 betas were good and then public release sucks.

nick_iphone7

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
e
iPhone 6s here. 87% battery health. No complaints about the battery in 12.4.1. Updated straight to 13.3 did a full reset of the phone without a restore from backup. Battery life is noticeably worse and 13.3 versus 12.4.1. Charges a lot slower also.
I'm with the iPhone 7 and confirm. Slower and worse battery life. The more new things they bring in, the worse it gets

PieVsCake

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2018
I am on 13.3 and have had no issues with battery life. If anything it seems to hold its charge better then before.

I will tell you that I always wait a week or two before upgrading my phone to avoid any snafu issues such as you seem to be happening. This goes back to the old addage "If it aint broke don't fix it". While updates are important for security and device functionality its always good to take your time and not always update blindly before you know what the possible outcomes are.

Based on the sample size of this thread it seems there are quite a few people who are experiencing the problems of the original poster but there are also a lot of people who aren't. We could get all sci-ency and see if its effecting older vs newer phones (a talking point in the past when it comes to battery life and software updates) or we could just wait to see if Apple addresses the concerns.

To get "Mad" because "Apple killed my battery life with an update.. I just want a working phone" is crazy.. I would bet my lunch money that the OP has not even called AppleCare to see if this is a simple settings issue or in fact a bug, but instead turned to our forums to "Vent".

Several people have attempted to help the OP with troubleshooting questions and advice which has gone un-reciprocated by the OP.

If your venting I'll just leave this here.. but if you want a resolution to your problem from this community, engage with us by answering the troubleshooting questions or better yet, take advantage of the free technical support provided by Apple. If there is a problem with the update the only way they are going to fix it is if they know about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.