Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
Have any of the "problems with mail" folks here done a complete wipe and restore yet?

Outside of the fact that they are occurring within the Mail app, the few issues mentioned even on this page aren't consistent with each other. Just leads me to believe that while yes, there is an obvious issue with the app for some people (more than acceptable), it may be related to something else on that phone specifically since most of the issues listed don't seem to be replicated evenly.

Like, not everyone is saying "my badge count is always wrong" or "I always get duplicate mail" etc. Not that some people DON'T experience the same issues, it just seems very inconsistent and maybe a complete restore would help.

I'm guessing some of you have already tried that out of desperation?

I’ve tried removing all email accounts and then deleting the stock Mail app, rebooting, and then reinstalling the stock Mail app from the App Store and manually adding each account back. Not seeing any changes for the better. I’ve also erased my phone and setup as new, no change. I’ve got my iCloud account, an outlook.com account, 3 Gmail accounts, a Yahoo Mail account, and an IMAP account. Spark and Edison Mail both work “better” in the sense that notifications are accurate. But I’m not a big fan of either apps. Tried using both full time and am just not happy with general workflow type stuff.

Reactions: thewhitehart

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I've been having this issue where the camera just shows a black screen when I launch the camera app. Hopefully, this fixes that issue. The only way to fix it was a hard reset.

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
Wasting of time, because:

I'm iterating again. I can't speak for how Apple handles the bug reports internally. But if you're a public beta tester at least try and report the major bugs that you experience. I'm not saying that you're obligated to report or that Apple would revoke your beta testing privileges if you didn't., just to be responsible.
If everyone thinks the same way and just a handful of people report the bugs, it might not even make the priority list for Apple.

I'm confused as to why people are getting mad when all I did was ask them to report the bugs as a beta "tester".

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I have Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud and MS365 Exchange accounts on my Xs Max with zero issues. Only issue I experienced was on my Exchange account during early betas where email would not show as "read" when opened unless I stayed on it for a while or refreshed. There may have been some fetch issues as well very early on. Mail has been flawless for me since public release of iOS13. I consider myself VERY lucky.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
I’ve tried removing all email accounts and then deleting the stock Mail app, rebooting, and then reinstalling the stock Mail app from the App Store and manually adding each account back. Not seeing any changes for the better. I’ve also erased my phone and setup as new, no change. I’ve got my iCloud account, an outlook.com account, 3 Gmail accounts, a Yahoo Mail account, and an IMAP account. Spark and Edison Mail both work “better” in the sense that notifications are accurate. But I’m not a big fan of either apps. Tried using both full time and am just not happy with general workflow type stuff.

I only have one iCloud and two Gmail accounts setup and I don’t seem to experience any other issues except for the mail forward issue that seem to have been fixed two betas ago.
Could someone point me to a thread about the Mail app issues? FYI I don’t have any exchange accounts configured.

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2016
I have both a MS365 Exchange and an iCloud account. Since iOS 13.2.3 release the Exchange account has been pushing mail with the robustness of iOS12. It was when I was on 13.2.3 that I deleted all Exchange mail accounts on ALL devices, including Outlook on my iPhone, Mac, iPad, and PC. I waited several hours, then again set up each device one at a time. Bingo.
The iCloud account was another matter. I went back on the betas with iOS 13.3. Version b1 & b2 were a total mess, and both the accounts would just hang on "checking for mail", until I either switched inboxes, or force closed and then reopened the app. Often I HAD to force close the app. Then 13.3 b3 came along, and my Exchange account was back to working, but the iCloud was hit and miss. Had to pull to refresh, or switch inboxes to get it to work - sometimes. More often than not I had to force close and reopen the app to get email to appear in the iCloud inbox. Then, over time it got better, which led me to believe that perhaps Apple was working on the server side to fix things...... but then yesterday b4 arrived, and although Exchange is still good, the iCloud is back to needing to force close most of the time in order to get mail to appear.

Have tried everything in the last month - even restored the phone (IP11Pro) and set up as new, without any other apps - just set up iCloud and Exchange for a day. Same issue(s).

I am about to try deleting all my iCloud accounts on each device, then waiting several hours before setting them up again - but that is a painful process. Maybe a device has a corrupt database? I'll maybe get to it this weekend and will report back with the result.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I only have one iCloud and two Gmail accounts setup and I don’t seem to experience any other issues except for the mail forward issue that seem to have been fixed two betas ago.
Could someone point me to a thread about the Mail app issues? FYI I don’t have any exchange accounts configured.

There are several with "Mail" in the thread title in the regular thread section here. Exchange accounts seem to be the worst affected by various bugs, but others (and other mail clients) are, too.

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
Jumped on the Beta bandwagon.

11 Pro - Verizon - USA.

FaceID seems faaast.

Phone in general seems snappier.

Seem to be getting better than average LTE.

I will say one thing that I see different between the Pro and my old XS from a WiFi perspective the Pro hooks on to WiFi super fast.

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
Has anyone experienced problems with wireless charging on b3 and b4? The phone shows that it is charging when placed on the mat, but the light on the mat just blinks and the battery doesn’t charge at all.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Has anyone experienced problems with wireless charging on b3 and b4? The phone shows that it is charging when placed on the mat, but the light on the mat just blinks and the battery doesn’t charge at all.

Which charger?

Hans300

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2017
Safari still stucks when browsing and zooming through google picture search

Weather widget still buggy (since iOS 11 or so). Shows different values than weather app

They should fix this mess.

BadMelonFarmer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2010
North Somerset
I'm iterating again. I can't speak for how Apple handles the bug reports internally. But if you're a public beta tester at least try and report the major bugs that you experience. I'm not saying that you're obligated to report or that Apple would revoke your beta testing privileges if you didn't., just to be responsible.
If everyone thinks the same way and just a handful of people report the bugs, it might not even make the priority list for Apple.

I'm confused as to why people are getting mad when all I did was ask them to report the bugs as a beta "tester".
I get what you are saying and agree with you, our frustration is that as Beta testers we have been reporting the mail bugs since June, every beta release since iOS 13 beta 1 I have tested mail and reported that it there are bugs.

So, personally, I feel I have gone above and beyond in reporting the same bugs for 6 months and keep testing every beta release to feedback if / when they are fixed.

I will report other bugs I find, but I don’t see the point of bashing my head against a wall for the mail bugs..... YMMV and if people have mail bugs, then they should report them.... but, by not acknowledging the issue or addressing the issue Apple are not doing themselves any favours here.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I’ve never had such a worse experience with a keyboard. Swiping and auto correct are horror for me. The changes doesn’t even make sense and swiping words are not easy.

The sweeping keyboard certainly leaves something to be desired (typed using the sweeping keyboard).

Reactions: dk001

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Actually issues with mail haven't been fixed since the first betas of iOS 13. That's almost half a year ago.
Same with smart invert colours. It's broken since day one of iOS 13 beta and they broke it even more since beta 2 of 13.3. Reporting bugs seems to do nothing.

Reactions: Saliency

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
i had the issue where I was getting no notifications for new emails, and only when I go into mail app it will sync and download new email. I believe I have fixed the issue on my phone by doing the following:

Setting->Mail->Notification

I noticed that notification was enabled, but was not turned on for any of the mail accounts, only for VIP. After turning it on, I am now getting email notification and mail is downloaded in real-time without going into mail app.

not sure if this will help others, but seems to have resolved my issue for now. I’ll monitor and see if mail continues to work properly...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.