Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Odd... beta 4 on my 11 Pro did not say it was beta 4. But on iPad Pro, it did.

a0d447de124e4423f029d6f0864f79ef.png
f2cee5f0f48c375bea39fcdaaa614040.plist

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Looks to me like mail.app is broken worse than the last beta. Mail list out of order, the same message appearing multiple times, sent mail not showing up (although it is sent) until after I force-quit and reload, getting stuck fetching mail from exchange servers, etc.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Looks to me like mail.app is broken worse than the last beta. Mail list out of order, the same message appearing multiple times, sent mail not showing up (although it is sent) until after I force-quit and reload, getting stuck fetching mail from exchange servers, etc.

Been running without issue since installed about 8 hours ago. Some 50-60 messages in and out.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Fixed my Wi-Fi issue on my iPad Pro 11-inch. Would randomly disconnect and would say “no internet connection” when reconnected. Airplane mode fixed it.

All fixed in beta 4.

Mine still happens on beta 4

Mine is currently operating normally but I only used it for an hour or so. I’ll know for sure within the next few days. I’m surprised no one has said anything about it with beta 3.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Seriously, what is the point of even submitting the mail bugs now? It has been over 6 months now.

I submitted a final bug report this time telling them I would not be submitting any more, what’s the point? They don’t fix it!

IMO, no point whatsoever. They aren’t capable of fixing it. I’ve given up reporting them now and my advise would be don’t waste your time.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Have any of the "problems with mail" folks here done a complete wipe and restore yet?

Outside of the fact that they are occurring within the Mail app, the few issues mentioned even on this page aren't consistent with each other. Just leads me to believe that while yes, there is an obvious issue with the app for some people (more than acceptable), it may be related to something else on that phone specifically since most of the issues listed don't seem to be replicated evenly.

Like, not everyone is saying "my badge count is always wrong" or "I always get duplicate mail" etc. Not that some people DON'T experience the same issues, it just seems very inconsistent and maybe a complete restore would help.

I'm guessing some of you have already tried that out of desperation?

ty07allstar

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2016
Has anybody been experiencing bluetooth issues with the last betas? It will randomly cut out for a second during playback. I thought it was my headphones causing it but noticed it in my car too.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Yeah, seems that there's no point wasting time submitting bugs.
Agreed. I like playing with the betas, and I'll keep doing so, but apart from updating any previous bug reports (typically to say "Still not fixed") I won't be creating any new ones. Apple appear not to be properly reading any bug reports.

Many stock apps/functions don't work properly. They work, just well enough, but with little issues. How many of us have had mail issues since iOS13.0? A hard-press on the Messages app not showing the recent or most-used contacts? The volume being altered after ending FaceTime calls? Continuity issues? Notifictions coming in silently? Photos not syncing? etc..

There are so many little usability/GUI issues in Catalina (and to a lesser extent iOS 13) which, although individually aren't very important, add up to give an impression of something that isn't really cared about.

I know it's been reported that Apple are kind of aware that development hasn't been the best, and they're restructuring it for iOS 14 and MacOS 10.16, but they're a year away.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Agreed. I like playing with the betas, and I'll keep doing so, but apart from updating any previous bug reports (typically to say "Still not fixed") I won't be creating any new ones. Apple appear not to be properly reading any bug reports.

Many stock apps/functions don't work properly. They work, just well enough, but with little issues. How many of us have had mail issues since iOS13.0? A hard-press on the Messages app not showing the recent or most-used contacts? The volume being altered after ending FaceTime calls? Continuity issues? Notifictions coming in silently? Photos not syncing? etc..

There are so many little usability/GUI issues in Catalina (and to a lesser extent iOS 13) which, although individually aren't very important, add up to give an impression of something that isn't really cared about.

I know it's been reported that Apple are kind of aware that development hasn't been the best, and they're restructuring it for iOS 14 and MacOS 10.16, but they're a year away.

Actually issues with mail haven't been fixed since the first betas of iOS 13. That's almost half a year ago.

Reactions: tspear8183

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Yeah, seems that there's no point wasting time submitting bugs.
iOS 13 proofed well that using betas and reporting bugs are seriously wasting time. They neither care about our feedbacks and bugs. Beta 4 is much worse with auto correct and swipe than before. Another bugs are existing since years and Apple Mail has not been even improved since beta 1. It’s still dead. When iOS 13.3 final is released I’m never gonna use betas anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.