Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Errr, say what now?
They're laughing out loud, clearly. Veeeery important beta stuff, you know?

Everything seems to be working just as well as it was on beta 3 for me. I had a few instances of Bluetooth cutting out on B3 but nothing so far this morning. Problem is I've had that issue in the past on versions I could never recall so I can't imagine it's actually been fixed.

Reactions: ty07allstar

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
Have any of the "problems with mail" folks here done a complete wipe and restore yet?

Outside of the fact that they are occurring within the Mail app, the few issues mentioned even on this page aren't consistent with each other. Just leads me to believe that while yes, there is an obvious issue with the app for some people (more than acceptable), it may be related to something else on that phone specifically since most of the issues listed don't seem to be replicated evenly.

Like, not everyone is saying "my badge count is always wrong" or "I always get duplicate mail" etc. Not that some people DON'T experience the same issues, it just seems very inconsistent and maybe a complete restore would help.

I'm guessing some of you have already tried that out of desperation?
A clear, present issue is that newly received messages are not visible upon opening the Mail app. The messages are reported to have been received, but are not visible in the Inbox/All Inboxes folder until one switches between folders or filters the emails in some fashion.
This problem has been present since beta 1 of iOS 13. It has been complained about numerous times. It has racked up a log of complains and replies amongst prominent iOS developers. It is very well known to Apple, and it is considered a serious problem among iOS developers.

As far as work arounds go for it, I found some luck (still testing) in completely wiping all Apple products associated with my Apple ID... no restore from iCloud backup... a complete, fresh setup.

Thing is, this is Apple. We should not have to worry about the integrity of our backups like I said in other posts, Apple has f****d up. This is their fault.

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
To anyone who’s saying they won’t be submitting anymore bug reports, I think it’s our responsibility to keep reporting at least the major ones. We’re given access to the betas for free and the least we could do is report when we can.
I can’t speak for how they handle all the reports they receive but I’m guessing they’re in the thousands each day and it’s impossible to respond to all of them let alone fix them. And we’ll be on iOS 14 in about 7 months so let’s see what this “restructuring” is gonna improve.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Noted as I don't run the Betas and my 11Pro Max is now at 99% with light usage since Oct 1. Soooooo, it would seem either Qi charging runs the battery down faster (possible with heat), or the batteries on these are snowflakes and apple went with a cheaper supplier. the 10 Max didn't do this.

liquidiq

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2018
Texas
Noted as I don't run the Betas and my 11Pro Max is now at 99% with light usage since Oct 1. Soooooo, it would seem either Qi charging runs the battery down faster (possible with heat), or the batteries on these are snowflakes and apple went with a cheaper supplier. the 10 Max didn't do this.

Or there's too much value being put into this number.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
To anyone who’s saying they won’t be submitting anymore bug reports, I think it’s our responsibility to keep reporting at least the major ones. We’re given access to the betas for free and the least we could do is report when we can.
I can’t speak for how they handle all the reports they receive but I’m guessing they’re in the thousands each day and it’s impossible to respond to all of them let alone fix them. And we’ll be on iOS 14 in about 7 months so let’s see what this “restructuring” is gonna improve.

You speak for yourself. I pay annually for my developer account. I am sick to death of reporting the same bugs month in month out, release after release with absolutely no acknowledgement nor improvements. I will not be reporting any further bugs regarding the email app.

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
You speak for yourself. I pay annually for my developer account. I am sick to death of reporting the same bugs month in month out, release after release with absolutely no acknowledgement nor improvements. I will not be reporting any further bugs regarding the email app.

Clearly you responded without even reading my post. I’m asking for public beta testers to keep reporting.

BadMelonFarmer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2010
North Somerset
Have any of the "problems with mail" folks here done a complete wipe and restore yet?

Outside of the fact that they are occurring within the Mail app, the few issues mentioned even on this page aren't consistent with each other. Just leads me to believe that while yes, there is an obvious issue with the app for some people (more than acceptable), it may be related to something else on that phone specifically since most of the issues listed don't seem to be replicated evenly.

Like, not everyone is saying "my badge count is always wrong" or "I always get duplicate mail" etc. Not that some people DON'T experience the same issues, it just seems very inconsistent and maybe a complete restore would help.

I'm guessing some of you have already tried that out of desperation?

yes, tried wipe and restore, wipe and fresh install.

tried a brand new phone set up as a new phone.

never had the issues before ios13 beta 1 and it has been there ever since despite trying all of the above

Reactions: MozMan68

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Why should I report when they don’t read the feedbacks? I have reported a lot of bugs a lot of times with every beta update. Are they fixed? No. So why I should keep reporting them?

And the iOS 14 thing is the same bs Apple said after iOS 11 that iOS 12 will be a better update. iOS 15 will be a desaster again.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
yes, tried wipe and restore, wipe and fresh install.

tried a brand new phone set up as a new phone.

never had the issues before ios13 beta 1 and it has been there ever since despite trying all of the above

The reason I asked that, and you really are the perfect example, does it make sense that another app then is causing the issues?

Channelsurfer63

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2019
Vancouver BC
Mine still happens on beta 4
Same here, XSM, but greatly improved in as much and I can now more reliably use my 5 ghz bands on my home router. With the earlier betas pretty much had to stay on 2.4 ghz to connect reliably.

For me the 5 ghz bands are more desirable as there are many 2.4 ghz access points around here in range and competition. There is still an unfortunate lag before it re-acquires 5 ghz, but at least it does now.

My suspicions are that Apple went deeper into power saving strategies with iOS 13 and the arrival of the iPhone 11 and it broke a few things where it may have been either too aggressive or miserly in terms of maintaining power or focus to permit proper operations. It seems that iPhone 11 and X are sufficiently different from prior models such that these power saving strategies result in anomaly's with them, while an iPhone 8 Plus here was not impacted to the same extent.

BadMelonFarmer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2010
North Somerset
The reason I asked that, and you really are the perfect example, does it make sense that another app then is causing the issues?

well it happened before I loaded the new phone with apps, so I doubt it.

Also, it is an Apple native App, on an Apple device connecting to an Apple service and started with the release of a beta major release.

So I don’t see how it would be another app or company’s issue to resolve?

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
Why should I report when they don’t read the feedbacks? I have reported a lot of bugs a lot of times with every beta update. Are they fixed? No. So why I should keep reporting them?

And the iOS 14 thing is the same bs Apple said after iOS 11 that iOS 12 will be a better update. iOS 15 will be a desaster again.

For the reason I just mentioned in my post?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Clearly you responded without even reading my post. I’m asking for public beta testers to keep reporting.

Clearly you created a post which wasn’t particularly well put together. I read it and you did not explicitly state public testers only... you made nothing more than a sweeping statement that we get the betas for free.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Or there's too much value being put into this number.
Exactly. 1% is probably well within the error range of whatever method Apple is using to calculate battery aging. I wouldn't worry about it; just enjoy your device.
For what it’s worth, my launch day 11 is at 100% and I never fast charge or use wireless charging. Heat absolutely does affect battery health, but I wouldn’t get too caught up in the battery health percentage. Just charge your phone the way that works best for your lifestyle knowing that battery replacement in the future is always an option.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
Clearly you created a post which wasn’t particularly well put together. I read it and you did not explicitly state public testers only... you made nothing more than a sweeping statement that we get the betas for free.

It’s not free if you’re paying $99 a year. I just assumed that’s the general understanding of the beta program. Only the Public Beta program is actually free. I didn’t know I need to be explicitly stating that. I’m sorry!

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
well it happened before I loaded the new phone with apps, so I doubt it.

Also, it is an Apple native App, on an Apple device connecting to an Apple service and started with the release of a beta major release.

So I don’t see how it would be another app or company’s issue to resolve?

I'm not sure (or smart enough) to answer that...it just seems REALLY strange to me that these mail issues are not really widespread or consistent (in the grand scheme of things). They also don't seem limited or worse on one phone over another from what I've read.

BadMelonFarmer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2010
North Somerset
I'm not sure (or smart enough) to answer that...it just seems REALLY strange to me that these mail issues are not really widespread or consistent (in the grand scheme of things). They also don't seem limited or worse on one phone over another from what I've read.
They are not limited to one iPhone type, I am not sure what phones others are using, but I have had the issue with an iPhone XS Max, an iPhone 11 Pro Max and my daughter has the issue on an iPhone XR.

I haven’t done any testing on my daughters phone as it seems to be an iOS issue or possibly an iCloud server issue, but as it started with iOS 13 Beta 1 and exchange users are reporting issues too... I would put good money on it being iOS.

Last edited:

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
It appears to mostly be Exchange accounts. Wonder if there are differing versions of Exchange being used causing these issues? Maybe older versions not happy with some change in iOS13?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.