Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
BTW if you're home all the time due to the virus it's healthier for your battery to not leave it on a charger full time. Better off just using the phone normally (off the charger) and charging it when the battery gets to about 40%. Keeping lithium batteries fully charged full time causes them to age faster. This is why the optimized battery charging feature exists.

And yet I regularly (as in virtually every night) leave my Xr on charge all night. I only use a standard iPhone or iPad charger and never wireless charge (I've noticed the additional heat generated even with a 5W wireless charger).

My battery health is still at 100% after 10 months.

4142ABA5-AA90-471C-BED4-673D40F3FB6F.jpeg

Reactions: jrdatrackstar1223

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
How is 13.4.1 compared to 13.4 on iPad Pro 2nd gen, be it 10.5" or 12.9" ?

recommend one over the other?

edit: guess its moot since 13.4 no longer signed lol

Last edited:
Reactions: gank41

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Pro Max - 13.4.1
iMessage - Turned on dictation from the popup in Messages. Been working okay the last couple of days till today when it would not only pick up my voice, it also started picking up the voice of my other half. Talk about a confusing text!!

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
The battery life has gone down the drain for me on the Xs Max. I have to charge it twice a day now (of course being home all day is also a factor) but last night I unplugged it at 100% and just used safari for like 15 minutes in bed. This morning I wake up and it’s at 63 % but it doesn’t even show any app as having used battery throughout the night.

Think I will try the latest beta to see if that improves anything

Attachments

• E898EAAD-2B94-46EA-BD97-675B63B5BC58.jpeg
    E898EAAD-2B94-46EA-BD97-675B63B5BC58.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 127
  • BBA903F0-09CD-4DFA-A331-57E78F963B54.jpeg
    BBA903F0-09CD-4DFA-A331-57E78F963B54.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 130
  • D31F2BF0-AA5F-46EF-BFF9-E46B33E3532C.jpeg
    D31F2BF0-AA5F-46EF-BFF9-E46B33E3532C.jpeg
    429.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Reactions: George Dawes

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
How long does it take in the feedback app until the Feedbacks are showing how many people reported the same issue? My tvOS Feedbacks are going after one day from „None“ to „Under 10“ and I have got one answer back after 1-2 days. My iOS and macOS feedbacks are still opened but with „None similar reports“

Reactions: dk001

bearone2

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2020
How long does it take in the feedback app until the Feedbacks are showing how many people reported the same issue? My tvOS Feedbacks are going after one day from „None“ to „Under 10“ and I have got one answer back after 1-2 days. My iOS and macOS feedbacks are still opened but with „None similar reports“

perhaps no one experienced your issue!

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008

I’ve had a number of issues reported, and almost all of them have been reported here as well. The only issue I reported that’s showing as “more than 10 people” also reported was a Mail bug.

jtkboston

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2014
Anybody found any third party navigation app that supports the CarPlay dashboard mode? So far it appears neither Waze nor Google Maps have added such support.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Anybody found any third party navigation app that supports the CarPlay dashboard mode? So far it appears neither Waze nor Google Maps have added such support.

None have been updated as far as I can tell...very surprised it didn't happen within a week of the 13.4 release.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Just installed this on the iPhone and now when I make or take a call, there's no sound either way until I select another input and then switch back to iPhone.

benihana21

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2017
13.4.1 has been a nightmare on my iPhone 11. Safari routinely freezes, my AirPods Pro just won’t connect sometimes, the keyboard disappears in Messages, notification bubbles hang around even after I’ve cleared them, and Apple Music hangs or takes forever to load songs.

I pretty much expect Apple software to just not work at this point.

cla9614

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Sooooooo many glitches with iOS 13.4.1. When I answer a phone call and I want to turn on the speaker phone, I get a black screen. I have to press the side button, sometimes multiple times, to get the phone answer screen back with the options, just so I can turn on the speaker-phone option.

Now don't even get me started with Location Services and turning off Significant Locations. Why was that turned back on with this update?? Some of us don't want to be tracked like that!!!

First I had to Reset my Location & Privacy Settings = Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location and Privacy.

Anyways, I had to close all of the apps in my app switcher and turn off my phone. I waited about 20 seconds, then I had to plug in my phone to the charger to turn it back on, since the side button wasn't even working. Then, once it booted and I entered my password, I had to quickly navigate to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services, then if I was lucky enough that my phone didn't freeze, TURN OFF SIGNIFICANT LOCATIONS.

What a disaster Apple!!!! This took 50 minutes to figure out. Definitely disappointed with this update. Fix this and right away!! You were selected as my smartphone of choice due to the ease of which it took to secure my smartphone in the OS. However, if it remains glitchy and inconsistent then you might make me an Android user, and we both DON'T want that!!!!

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Does anyone have constant freezing on iOS 13.4.1? My iPhone freezes in iMessage, What’s App, Reddit, etc.

What model do you have?
Constantly? No.
I get it infrequently and usually on specific apps (Safari, Messages, Heckfire, Spectrum TV). For all of these, a cleaning of the task manager and relaunch of the offending app fixes the issue.

Pro Max

Reactions: oilers780

oilers780

Cancelled
Apr 15, 2020
What model do you have?
Constantly? No.
I get it infrequently and usually on specific apps (Safari, Messages, Heckfire, Spectrum TV). For all of these, a cleaning of the task manager and relaunch of the offending app fixes the issue.

Pro Max

I have an iPhone XS that it happens on. Messages and Safari are two of the biggest culprits too.

Reactions: dk001

awintersdaybyth

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013
Has anyone had problems manually transferring music from iTunes to iPhone? My iPhone isn't even showing up in the sidebar in iTunes, Ive followed all the support guidance but it hasn't resolved my issue so I can't add any new music to my iPhone :(

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Has 13.4 or 13.4.1 been better for you guys?

I got a device that shipped with 13.4, so I'm always cautious to update (for quality control reasons, and jailbreak holdout... but I want to know about your experiences in relation to bugs and battery life)

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Has 13.4 or 13.4.1 been better for you guys?

I got a device that shipped with 13.4, so I'm always cautious to update (for quality control reasons, and jailbreak holdout... but I want to know about your experiences in relation to bugs and battery life)

I haven’t had any showstopper type bugs, just the continued oddball issues here and there. Battery life has been worse for me on my iPad Pro 2018 and iPhone 11 Pro Max.

La BESTIA

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
Does anyone have constant freezing on iOS 13.4.1? My iPhone freezes in iMessage, What’s App, Reddit, etc.

Hey! Such incidents are bothering me a lot. Basically, it is happening on WhatsApp, WeChat, Camera (black screen), TransferWise, and so forth. Additionally, the videos only play with sound on a black screen on YouTube, Facebook, Messenger, etc.

iPhone 11 (iOS 13.4.1)

What model do you have?
Constantly? No.

Pro Max

Nah. It does not fix the issues always and permanently!!!

Reactions: oilers780 and dk001
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.